Saartje

Lineage Advice

If you combine FlyteofHeart's terrae with SnowSherry's ice, it'll become an interesting lineage. At least that'll probably be some pattern I'd go for, if I'm not doing mirrors.

First off....Saartje, you are awesome for starting this. ^^ Truly kind of you. <3 Thank you bunches~

With that said, I'm trying to figure out what would be a good match for this beauty. I have a couple of Stripe/Snow Angel mixes (like this and this), but I don't have enough to make a checkered mate with a long enough lineage. And I considered doing that "golden stair" opposite look, where I use a different dragon as the male for each mate until I have a matching 5th gen, such as the pretty Winter Magi, but that would take years. Maybe Sunsongs would match? I have some CBs and even-gens I could possibly work with on my scroll, but I'm not sure if that'd work either.

Any ideas would help. :>

Hi I'm new to the whole breeding thing and have a few questions. First I have a seasonal dragon thats a fall dragon but, its parents are spring seasonals. Would this dragon be a pure bred? fall seasonal

I also have a pink male that has some in-breeding and was wondering if there is a way to breed this male without passing on the inbreeding? Or should I just find another pink to breed with? pink male

Thanks for any advice I appreciate it. smile.gif

@Crows have dreams:

It depends on each player. Some may consider it a PB seasonal, but most people when thinking about pure-bred, they think all 4 seasonals are separate breeds, unless they are doing seasonal projects (like cb winters -> 2nd gen spring -> 3rd gen summer -> 4th gen autumn type of thing)

As for inbreeding, no, I'm afraid there's no way to out-breed an inbred. Try another pink.

---

@shikyowolf17:

Hmm... it's a hard one. Usually I would say anything would do since it's messy already, but it's a Holly so I feel we need to give it more attention? laugh.gif

I myself bred my messy Holly to a messy tinsel, thought if I can't fix the lineage I can at least find the Holly a worthy mate. tongue.gif

(like this, my Holly's offspring this year.)

Do you think it is worth it taking the time to try and mirror this as best as I can, or just use an even gen when breeding?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vcbvv

I managed to make a pretty nice mirror lineage for my other Holly, but I was wondering if anyone thought it would be worth it for this one. And, I couldn't recreate it exactly since I only have one CB Gold and no CB Bright Pinks. And, in truth, I can't say I'd breed this dragon except at Christmas time.

Spent a year breeding This gentleman up, and now I have nowhere to go with him. He's a merry widower, everything in the world except someone to share it all with. Any ideas?

@Crows have dreams:

It depends on each player. Some may consider it a PB seasonal, but most people when thinking about pure-bred, they think all 4 seasonals are separate breeds, unless they are doing seasonal projects (like cb winters -> 2nd gen spring -> 3rd gen summer -> 4th gen autumn type of thing)

As for inbreeding, no, I'm afraid there's no way to out-breed an inbred. Try another pink.

---

I'm now going on the hunt for a pink. I can see what your saying about each season being a different dragon, think thats why I asked. Thank you again for the advice. biggrin.gif

Hi!

I'm a beginner to lineage stuff and I didn't know where to ask. Hope it is a kind of lineage advice what I need. smile.gif

I was wondering if this lineage has any classification (stair step? don't think so...).

I was trying to breed a stripe without breaking the "even gen" pattern (although it was already broken when I got the gorgeous white stripe). There was no 4th or 5th even-gen in my scroll, so I thought, "why not a 3rd gen?"

The lineage that came out was so beautiful at the eyes of the owner ^^... Anyway, I don't know how to name it... Can anyone help?

Any advice about how to continue this lineage?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Yliah

Can I ask a suggestion too?

I'm going to start a new personal lineage and must decide which breed include in it. unsure.gif

It will be a (hopefully) very long two breed stairstep, started from the very beginning, and I will continue the male line.

So I'm going to be in need of two quite common breed (at least half of the offsprings should be the breed of the father, and new cb females must be enough easy to get) that look nice together.

The males must look somehow "royal" and proud, so I was thinking of sunrises. For the females one option is purple cause I already have at least 3 females I can use, but I'm not so sure about how sunrises and purples look together in a staistep.

Other ideas are white, red or swallowtail (for the males) and gold horned tangar (could use for either males or females)

What do you think?

Hi!

I'm a beginner to lineage stuff and I didn't know where to ask. Hope it is a kind of lineage advice what I need. smile.gif

I was wondering if this lineage has any classification (stair step? don't think so...).

I was trying to breed a stripe without breaking the "even gen" pattern (although it was already broken when I got the gorgeous white stripe). There was no 4th or 5th even-gen in my scroll, so I thought, "why not a 3rd gen?"

The lineage that came out was so beautiful at the eyes of the owner ^^... Anyway, I don't know how to name it... Can anyone help?

Any advice about how to continue this lineage?

Thanks in advance!

I find your lineage quite nice too smile.gif

Personally I would call it something like "large stairstep" or maybe "generation stairstep" and would cointinue it influencing the egg female and breeding it wth a 4th gen male, in order to continue the stair smile.gif

Sooo! I'm looking for new mates for my CB Golds, and my CB Silvers. =) What does everyone recommend?

Sock, it's hard to say... In general it's nice, but personally I won't do that. In fact I won't make a pb marrow in the first place. ^^" I guess it all comes down to whether YOU like it or not. tongue.gif

(I'm not really answering at all, am I? xd.png)

Edited by hat17

Sock, it's hard to say... In general it's nice, but personally I won't do that. In fact I won't make a pb marrow in the first place. ^^" I guess it all comes down to whether YOU like it or not. tongue.gif

(I'm not really answering at all, am I? xd.png)

Well, I already caught the pb marrow over Halloween, so I wouldn't have to make it. =p

What's a nice dragon to go with purple males? Preferably something I haven't already made a lineage with. I was thinking Ribbons (only in the CB row, of course) or Sunsongs.

I like male purples with guardian or gray. They are the first two came into mind.

What's a nice dragon to go with purple males? Preferably something I haven't already made a lineage with. I was thinking Ribbons (only in the CB row, of course) or Sunsongs.

This is female purples in the first row, but I really like purple x marrow: http://dragcave.net/lineage/PHQmn

Otherwise, electrics, nocturnes, or royal blues may be nice.

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...mate=AC5E&style[bg]=y&style[border]=n

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...ate=lVj8I&style[bg]=y&style[border]=n

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...ate=dBFnj&style[bg]=y&style[border]=n

Reds xd.pnghttp://dragcave.net/lineage/smVMI

*trying to lure EeveeSkitty on to the dark side* LOL

What should I do for this lovely lady? I don't have a Silver of any similar lineage, but I'd hate to break a lineage like that. Any advice?

I'm looking for a new mate for this lovely fellow. His current mate is a PB red nebula, but I'm looking for something nicer. Do you think a second gen blue nebula from white stripe x red nebula would look good? Or might there be a better option?

I think your idea of a blue nebula from white stripe x red nebula would look pretty good cause you would have all the nebula colours plus a black and white stripe in the middle.

What should I do for this lovely lady? I don't have a Silver of any similar lineage, but I'd hate to break a lineage like that. Any advice?

Hmm, well, I would try to find a 3rd gen black from a valentine's 09 checker first and influence female. As for the silver x vine...shadow walkers instead of silvers? If you can't get a silver like that then you'll have to settle for a similarly coloured replacement.

@Umbee - I think your idea is nice, for the reasons lulu_witch stated. (:

What should I do for this lovely lady?  I don't have a Silver of any similar lineage, but I'd hate to break a lineage like that.  Any advice?

Personally I think any 4th gen also made up of a twisted checker and a regular checker would be nice. For example, a 3rd gen Ember x Rosebud checker and then a twisted White x Green/Frill checker. Or maybe that's too similar to breaking the pattern for you?

I really want to think of something that would go good with this guy.

I have a CB Val 09, a CB Rosebud, and a CB of all Christmas dragons but a Holly if that helps. I only have one Heartseeker.