Saartje

Lineage Advice

Might be neat to do a sunrise x heartseeker and hatch the baby a sunset. I can do a breeding for you once I'm unlocked, if you're interested in that. :3

Might be neat to do a sunrise x heartseeker and hatch the baby a sunset. I can do a breeding for you once I'm unlocked, if you're interested in that. :3

That would be wonderful, thanks Sock! :3

Edit: Actually, another wonderful person gifted me an egg today. <3 So I think I'm set!

Edited by Cirvihi

I really want to start breeding this little beauty so that I can a) have trading fodder and cool.gif gift to others who might be looking for their very first silver as well.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/sMf1O

However I do not have the halloween dragon used for this.. so I honestly don't know what to do that wont make this lineage look ugly.

Help please?

Maybe a White? Fogs might also look good, but they are more common so you probably wouldn't get a Silver out of them.

You could try an arrowhead or reverse arrowhead (always forget which is which according to DC'ers) with other light dragons. Do a pb white stairstep and breed with that or something.

OoOhhh I do like that idea.. awesome... thank you muchly! Now to try and get a CB or PB white... sadly, all my whites are lineaged. Also... Should I try breeding it as is with some other CB at least while I am working on the perfect mate for her?

Edited by Rekha

Pairing it with a PB moonstone stairstep may also be pretty. I could help out with that easier than a pb white stairstep. o3o

Sure. Stairsteps/uneven spirals are pretty easy to breed while waiting for a different mate. Have a cb moonstone or gray, since you don't have whites? :3

That would actually work pretty darn well. I think I'll breed her with a CB Moonstone while I wait. I need to count my moonstones... -presses pause on this message and goes to count- Okay so I have 2 CB Males... and 3 CB Females when it comes to Moonstones... So lets see third gen... would need 1st Gen 1/1.... 2nd Gen 1/1 ... Which means I am short on a moonstone male, unless of course I get a 2nd gen pb moonstone to work from... Would you be able to provide either a 2nd or 3rd gen pb moonstone? From there I could easily continue that lineage!

Yep! I can do a 2nd gen. I can do a 3rd gen if you wait for me to breed it, lol. Your sig says your locked right now and I am staying semi-open waiting for a trade to go through, but I can breed sometime tomorrow. I don't mind holding the egg for a bit. :3

Yep! I can do a 2nd gen. I can do a 3rd gen if you wait for me to breed it, lol. Your sig says your locked right now and I am staying semi-open waiting for a trade to go through, but I can breed sometime tomorrow. I don't mind holding the egg for a bit. :3

Hmmm my siggy is being silly I am not locked right now but maybe I was, maybe I had a hatchie grow up -snickers- I am heading to bed now but I should have plenty of room on my scroll when I wakies.

Thank you muchly for your assistance it will be great for breeding till I eventually get the whites. And who knows, maybe during Halloween I will find a really awesome lineage that fits perfectly on the AP!

Edit: So I am now 1 CB white down, 2 more to go!

Though, now that I was able to get the CB White... You don't need to breed for me, though if you do... I will still happily take it and breed it with mine then with the pretty Silver!

Thank you for all your help Sock... I am really thankful.

Edited by Rekha

just wanted to know what you guys think of this pairing

thsi is the Gold Metallic i'm trying to get a mate for and i wanted to mate these 2 together to get a female GW for him.

do you guys think the black/gold pairing is goo, or woudl you suggest soemthing else? i've got a few CB GW's i can use to build a mate for my sweetling, and i've never been a big fan of the blacks honeslty.

I've decided to open up my Holly's breeding list, and while my 2nd gen already has a few potential mates, I have no idea what to do for this 5th gen one. @_@ I only have one CB Silver and a handful of Whites. Advice?

I did breed it with a dragon that produced this but I can't decide if it looks appealing or not.

No problem, Rekha! If you can catch whites, I can still do a breeding for you. My male cb white is still on cooldown for a few days, though. o3o

Red2111 - yeah, something like that would look fine. The black/gold pairing is a striking combination. Ember/gold wyvern may also look good if you don't like black.

Lullakai-Shi - that's similar to what I had to do for a mis-bred tinsel I got and I'm also not sure I like it, still. x3

You could try a fifth gen even or do a fifth gen with a spot missing in the same or opposite place. Female moonstone x white or female moonstone x gray or something that is fairly easy to catch. If you have anything to breed to offer for trade, you could probably get quite a few offers for this to get a nice head start.

That's a really nice suggestion. I never thought of White x Female Moonstone, but I'd imagine that would go with it perfectly. And they're easy to get hold of. Thank you, Socky! :3

I might throw a couple of Heartseekers into it too, just to add a bit of colour and compliment the red in the lineage. ^^;

Oooh, yeah, some heartseekers would round that out nicely, Lullakai-Shi!

Joelouisvachon - if you want it to be PB, I would go with something with different colors. Perhaps hellfires, ridgewings, dorsals, nebulas, moonstones, sunstones/sunrises (if that's still PB to you), stripes... Probably missed something. x3

I have this dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/QWWqW

that I need a mate for. It needs to be PB and the colors don't matter but I wanted to know what would be good for a mate.

i've got a PB 2nd gen White stripe that i could try with my Female CB stripe for you if you want

in other news dry.gif my sweetling and GW decided to reject eachother, so now i have to build him a new mate.

SPS you are right that its a striking contrast. i'm set with the Sweetling in this lineage to semetrically match the Holiday dragon in Midas's lineage.

right now i'm thinking of going for either a Vine/GW, Green Nebula/GW or keeping the Black/GW.

i've got a PB 2nd gen White stripe that i could try with my Female CB stripe for you if you want

Thank you! What would you want for it?

don't worry about anything in return, i've been needing to do a few more giftings this month smile.gif

i'll PM you the egg when they produce, my CB stripe is on CD since it refused my tinsel *mutters and glares daggers at the CB stripe*

maybe she'll like a dragon of her own species better *shakes head*

don't worry about anything in return, i've been needing to do a few more giftings this month smile.gif

i'll PM you the egg when they produce, my CB stripe is on CD since it refused my tinsel *mutters and glares daggers at the CB stripe*

maybe she'll like a dragon of her own species better *shakes head*

Once again, thank you. smile.gif

I'm thinking about making a rainbow lineage, using PB 2nd Gens and splitting the colors into two breeds each. I'll use two pairs per color, as follows:

Red: Red or Sunstone/Ember (Father and mother.)

Orange: Magi/Magma

Yellow: Golden Wyvern/Sunsong or Harvest

Green: Pebbles/BBW or Terrae

Blue: Royal Blue/ Thunder

Indigo: Ridgewing/ Horse or Dorsal?

Violet: Purple (Mother and influenced egg)/Horse or Purple Dorsal?

White: White Stripe /Pillow (father and mother)

Can anyone help me come up with suggestions for the indigo/violet conundrum? White is placed at the end to round out the lineage.

At the end, it'll be as follows:

2nd Gen: PB ROYGBIVW

3rd Gen: RxR, OxO, YxY, GxG, BxB, IxI, VxV, WxW

4th gen: RxO, YxG, BxI, VxW

5th Gen: RO x YG, BI x VW

6th Gen: ROYG x BIVW

The 'or' labels mean that I'll grab whichever comes my way first. Of the pairs that have no mates thus far, I have:

CB Red Female, a CB Male Magi, a CB Female Sunsong, a CB Female BBW, and a CB Female Ridgewing.

I have no Sunstones, Harvests, Terrae, Horses, Dorsals, or Whites (If I get one, I'll replace the Pillows). I just got two Magi hatchis, though, and one of 'em should gender Female. I hope.

Any suggestions on how to start this/keep this organized? Should I bother? Would anyone want one when I was done with this project?

Edited by KuraiKitty

KuraiKitty, I was always under the impression that indigo is more of a dark blue than a purple, so maybe you could try something along the lines of Thunders and Deep Seas? You'd have to use something other than thunders for the Blue part, though, and maybe even some lighter blues to distinguish that from Indigo a bit better, so it's up to you.

As for Violet, I suggest using Horses instead of Dorsals, because Dorsals are more black than anything else and the Horse coloration would match the Ridgewings better.

I really like the idea behind it, and would be more than happy to breed you a couple of the second gens you lack, if you so desire.

in other news dry.gif my sweetling and GW decided to reject eachother, so now i have to build him a new mate.

SPS you are right that its a striking contrast. i'm set with the Sweetling in this lineage to semetrically match the Holiday dragon in Midas's lineage.

right now i'm thinking of going for either a Vine/GW, Green Nebula/GW or keeping the Black/GW.

I hate it when you get exciting about pairing certain dragons together and then they refuse. =_=

Oooooh, green nebbie sounds like an excellent idea!

~

I kind of like the ridgewings for indigo. Indigo is kind of a striking purple, as are the ridgewings, IMO.

I kind of like the ridgewings for indigo. Indigo is kind of a striking purple, as are the ridgewings, IMO.

*shrug* I always thought of indigo as this color, a dark blue with perhaps some purple in it, so it really depends on how you define that color.

hey there, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but can someone identify this for me?

~Eggspam removed~

and i suppose i should keep in the general theme of the thread, so has anyone got any suggestions as to what i should breed it with.

also, does the lineage actually have any effect further down the line? i am new so i don't quite understand the whole breeding thing

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler