Saartje

Lineage Advice

Awww, you guys are awesome!

Now I don't know whether to take you up on that or go for Khall's. Decisions, decisions!  blink.gif

I'm honestly not certain which would be better - both seem like very sound propositions, and I don't want both of you to be put out of your way for it. Wouldn't be right. >..<

Edit: I wish there was a way for me to see the possibilities and try to make a decision for myself. The only lineage tracker I can find requires the codes be known, and while I know the one for mine, hypothetical mates are... problematic.

For now, you just have to manually edit lineages on MS Paint/any other image editor. (I can PM an explanation/guide to it if you want.) I believe the creator AoND is working on a lineage maker though.

Here's a 3rd gen from your Gold and Socky's potential mate:

user posted image

I would have done your Gold x Khallyne's potential mate too, but I'm not entirely sure what her mate is. ^^;

For now, you just have to manually edit lineages on MS Paint/any other image editor. (I can PM an explanation/guide to it if you want.) I believe the creator AoND is working on a lineage maker though.

Here's a 3rd gen from your Gold and Socky's potential mate:

user posted image

I would have done your Gold x Khallyne's potential mate too, but I'm not entirely sure what her mate is. ^^;

Hmm... That looks rather nice, actually. *rubs chin* And you're right; I was assuming Khallyne's gold would come from frill x gold pairing, but that wasn't specified. Is it typically considered "nicer" if an arrow has just 2 breeds, or is a 3-breed arrow like that okay too? Or is it a "your mileage may vary" situation?

Please forgive the questions... I'm new to breeding things that don't have to worry about conformation to a standard, and where a purebred animal looks just like its hybrid peers until you peek at the ancestry. blink.gif

Hmm... That looks rather nice, actually. *rubs chin* And you're right; I was assuming Khallyne's gold would come from frill x gold pairing, but that wasn't specified. Is it typically considered "nicer" if an arrow has just 2 breeds, or is a 3-breed arrow like that okay too? Or is it a "your mileage may vary" situation?

Please forgive the questions... I'm new to breeding things that don't have to worry about conformation to a standard, and where a purebred animal looks just like its hybrid peers until you peek at the ancestry. blink.gif

Personally it varies from person to person. I actually like the contrast that the GW x Frill x Gold brings about in that lineage, I would probably go that route rather than the two breed Frill x Gold, even though that would be a spectacular looking lineage as well.

I just picked up This from the AP, and i would like to try and find a good mate for it.

You can turn it into a rainbow lineage, since it looks like the start of one (red on top).

I have this Silver Dragon That I was going to mate to the only CB Shadow Dweller that I had. Of course they refused each other. So i was wondering what could I mate to the Silver. Would a CB female Moonstone work for this or would something else be needed.

Edited by QAndais

I have this Silver Dragon That I was going to mate to the only CB Shadow Dweller that I had. Of course they refused each other. So i was wondering what could I mate to the Silver. Would a CB female Moonstone work for this or would something else be needed.

I think a CB White or CB Stripe would be best. But moonstone would be okay if you were unable to get either of those.

Yes. =) I was going to try and do a gold x frill. Either checkered or an arrow. My golds are fickle. xd.png

Trouble with that is, I've only got one CB Black, no CB Nebs and the only CB Holidays I have are the Heartseekers, which are male. It's a nice idea, though, and, if I'm able to get any Nebs, then I'll try it out.

When one of my eggs hatches / is taken by its giftee I could try my cb blacks with GWs if you like.

Or a neb x holiday if you prefer. You can choose from purple and green neb and ribbon dancer, rosebud, black marrow and shadow walker holiday.

I think a CB White or CB Stripe would be best. But moonstone would be okay if you were unable to get either of those.

So you don't think the female moonstone will match with the Male silver?

i think a female moonstone woudl go great with it, but if it's between a white or stripe i'd go with the white just because the stipe has those multi-colored coloration to it. ofcourse, the stripe is rare than both of the others mentioned so it might increase the trade value to use the stripe *shrugs*

a CB female Silver would go good as well.

i think a female moonstone woudl go great with it, but if it's between a white or stripe i'd go with the white just because the stipe has those multi-colored coloration to it. ofcourse, the stripe is rare than both of the others mentioned so it might increase the trade value to use the stripe *shrugs*

a CB female Silver would go good as well.

i would love to use a CB Silver but I think for breeding it now I will breed it to a female moonstone when I can catch one again until i can catch a CB Silver.

Thank you for your advice.

When one of my eggs hatches / is taken by its giftee I could try my cb blacks with GWs if you like.

Or a neb x holiday if you prefer. You can choose from purple and green neb and ribbon dancer, rosebud, black marrow and shadow walker holiday.

Purple Neb and Rosebud sounds good. I've got a second gen female Neb I could use, so I just need a male!

I am so glad I found this thread, thank you for doing this!! smile.gif

I LOVE this lineage so much. I flailed around like a spazz for a long while after being gifted with this egg. But now.. I have no clue how to breed him. I'm terrible at lineages and picturing things to begin with but this one, it makes my head hurt! tongue.gif Help me, pretty please?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/U0Grq

I was wondering what would work with this, caught it on the AP and the best i have right now would be This, but I wan't something better for my best AP find ever smile.gif

Purple Neb and Rosebud sounds good. I've got a second gen female Neb I could use, so I just need a male!

I'm sorry, but my purple neb and rosebud had the great idea to refuse dry.gif

I can try again in 7 days, trying this neb with my other rosebud and the other neb with this rose.

@jocosa

Very pretty! I would try to breed a mate with the exact same lineage of it, to get something like http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6071/image3od.jpg

@schusteralex2

I'm very envious of your gold tongue.gif and love the name you chose for it!

What about try to build a mirror lineage with gold wyvern instead of golds and pinks instead or sweetlings?

So

male Gw

female black................. male gold wyvern.............. male gold wyvern

male white.................... female pink

female pink

Edited by Iside

I can try again in 7 days, trying this neb with my other rosebud and the other neb with this rose.

@jocosa

Very pretty! I would try to breed a mate with the exact same lineage of it, to get something like http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6071/image3od.jpg

@schusteralex2

What about try to build a mirror lineage with gold wyvern instead of golds and pinks instead or sweetlings?

So

male Gw

female pink

That'll take a bit of work, but why not give it a shot smile.gif

@jocosa

@schusteralex2

So

male Gw

female pink

Thanks! smile.gif

There is no way to do that without it being inbred though, is there?

Trouble with that is, I've only got one CB Black, no CB Nebs and the only CB Holidays I have are the Heartseekers, which are male. It's a nice idea, though, and, if I'm able to get any Nebs, then I'll try it out.

I have some CB nebs and holidays if you want to peek at my scroll. If a pair catches your eye I'd be happy to try for you. smile.gif

If so just PM me (I'm really bad at checking back on threads), I'm pretty much always around.

Edited by jocosa

I bred one and am PM'ing Muile. ^^

Not if you breed it to a dragon of the same lineage from different parents. I think they just stuck the two together to show you what it would look like. ;p

(Btw: congrats! That is a beautiful lineage.)

@jocosa - While I like Iside's idea, I'm also in favor of a different idea~ The thing I like best about your dragon is the contrast of Magi/Ember, and I think the contrast of Sunsong/Red matches it. So I think a dragon with the exact pattern of your dragon but with Sunsongs replacing Magis and Reds replacing Embers would be a nice mate. (I'm just visualizing this lineage right now as I haven't actually made a mockup of this lineage - would you like me to?)

Edited by Saloiq

Thanks! smile.gif

Sure, you can start build the new mate lineage from the first gens. It will take quite a time, but in this way there will not be any inbreeding.

Drawing the lineage I simply copied your dragon's one twice and didn't delete the names to simply show the colors and make it faster, but my idea was the mate should be unrelated.

Edited by Iside

NP AQ, the female moonstones will look really good with it imo smile.gif

I LOVE this lineage so much. I flailed around like a spazz for a long while after being gifted with this egg. But now.. I have no clue how to breed him. I'm terrible at lineages and picturing things to begin with but this one, it makes my head hurt! tongue.gif  Help me, pretty please?

i can help can probably get you a matching 3G Magi, but i only have 1 female SW

I was wondering what would work with this, caught it on the AP and the best i have right now would be This, but I wan't something better for my best AP find ever smile.gif

you could make it a SS using different 2nd gen holidays

I LOVE this lineage so much. I flailed around like a spazz for a long while after being gifted with this egg. But now.. I have no clue how to breed him. I'm terrible at lineages and picturing things to begin with but this one, it makes my head hurt! tongue.gif  Help me, pretty please?

I just bred you the four eggs that you'd need to continue this lineage if you wanted the other one to be identical. =)

If you want, I can influence and hatch them for you. =)

>.> So I influenced-incubated! If you don't want them/want me to breed you the egg, I can do. =) Give me a week or two. xd.png If not! I got some pretties for myself. xd.png

Edited by Khallayne