Saartje

Lineage Advice

That's a gorgeous lineage you've got there. If you want, I could breed you a sib of this sometime, if you wanted to keep with the mixed holiday theme. The pairing would look something like this. Also, if you're taking a list for siblings of your dragon, I'd love to be on it.

cool! thanks! that would be grate! and you would be first on the list.

Edited by mudclaw

I have this third-gen-even Thuwed, and I'm really at a loss as to how to keep things nice, neat and desirable. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure if this topic is still active, but I just received this lovely terrae and I don't know what to do about a mate. Let's just assume anything with tinsels is out of the question. wink.gif If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Edited by miaou

I really like the idea of this thread, so please don't die @__@

I'm not sure if this topic is still active, but I just received this lovely terrae and I don't know what to do about a mate. Let's just assume anything with tinsels is out of the question. wink.gif If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!

My advice, find 2 more 4th gen tinsel fail, one up and one down, then breed them together to make another 5th gen arrow, then breed the two arrows together. Or, find a 5th gen tinsel fail stair with terrae going down, and breed it to that to make an "S" shape. Try drawing it out and see which one you like better. tongue.gif

I am new to breeding to keep up lines

usually my dragons aren't all that special, but with the tinsels I want to keep the love going by gifting, but I want to also keep the lines going.

2 I have are easy, one is stairstep and one is spiral. Both are influenced and I know just what to breed with. but this one is a bit confusing to me

http://dragcave.net/lineage/mtSYu

Anyone have tips or advise on what to gender(before it's too late) and what to breed it to to keep the line nice?

Hello! I need advice on a Silver Tinsel I recently obtained. This is the lineage. I'm wondering, should I influence it male and continue the staircase that has been started or should I influence it female to take it back to its original spiral lineage (though in longer form now). Or... should I do something completely different with it? Any advice would be great! smile.gif

Quick question about breeding staircase lineages:

I have a staircased dragon where all the cb dragons in its lineage appear on the top.

If I am going to continue the staircase in this same fashion, do I select the cb dragon first with the breed action, then the staircased dragon as its mate to continue the lineage? Or is each dragon's position in the lineage determined by gender?

Edited by blackchimera

I have a staircased dragon where all the cb dragons in its lineage appear on the top.

If I am going to continue the staircase in this same fashion, do I select the cb dragon first with the breed action, then the staircased dragon as its mate to continue the lineage? Or is each dragon's position in the lineage determined by gender?

The dragon's position in the lineage is determined by gender.

Edit: 99redwaffles - I'd probably influence it female.

Edited by rubyshoes

males always on top, females always on the bottom. smile.gif

@dragonfreak6132: the only lineage i can help you with is http://dragcave.net/lineage/CJ1c .

i found a magi with the same lineage, and i was lucky to have a 2nd gen magma from a red. if you want, you do what i did. it turned out pretty nice: http://dragcave.net/lineage/aMCLU . if you cant find a magma, im sure red will be fine. ^^

@ 99redwaffles:

I might do a double-spiral from now on, like two males, then two females, like that. So next one would be female.

Or you can do stair, which in the end might feel like a stair with a flat top, which might be cool as well. smile.gif

Thank you hat17 and rubyshoes for your suggestions! I think I will go ahead and influence it female. That way it mirrors the first half of its lineage and sets a pattern for future offspring (either a double spiral or a continuation of the male-male-female pattern in the silver tinsels which I think would be pretty neat too). So yeah, more options if I influence it female =3 Thanks again for your help!

You can try ask here instead. smile.gif People there are doing even-gen and are very helpful.

Thank you! happy.gif

edit: Deleted previous post so as to not clutter the thread.

Edited by lilnekochan

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vIB6

I have this beautiful silver and I have no idea who I should breed it with =/ help please? D:

I still got no answer to this D:

but yeah, I came to ask again. I just got A TINSEL wub.gif I want to know how to breed it to have nice lineage =/ and firstly, what to influence it, before its late. pwease help?

the tinsel

You got some tough ones ^^"

I have no idea for the silver, maybe a 4th even gen, or a 4th gen stair going down if you want to be creative? @@

Congrats on the tinsel! It's a lovely one! Maybe influence it female and make a mirror to it at the top? Just mirror in shape, no need to be exact mirror of breeds too.

I agree on the gold tinsel, I'd influence it female and either find an arrowhead tinselfail of the same gen or find two staircase tinsefails to breed and make a mate. The staircases are a bit easier to find, in my experience.

If you wanted to do it without tinselfails, harvest x magma and/or harvest x terrae would work, color-wise. Or even substitute the magmas for embers.

Just that - I have this White with a really kinda cool lineage and I wondered what to breed it with so I don't mess it up.

ETA: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Ob0I

sorry - forgot the link (DOH)

edit: changed to lineage link

Edited by rubyshoes

I suggest changing that to a lineage link.

My suggestion is finding another two-breed thuwed male staircase (unrelated to that original pair), and perhaps a black-silver female staircase and breeding that offspring to your white.

dragonico, we are in the Lineage Advice thread. xd.png

I agree with qkurai on the white dorkface thuwed. That will probably be the best way. smile.gif

Edited by hat17