Saartje

Lineage Advice

What about a CB female Gwyvern? It would echo the Golds in the beginning so it would seem like you're repeating the pattern instead of breaking it. (: You could also try a Red or Red Dorsal, since their colors look nice with the rest of the dragons in the lineage. They might look like they're breaking the pattern at first though.

Hmm, the GW is a good idea. I don't know about the others, I'd have to try it and see how they look. I think I'll try the GW first, though. Thanks!

@TVTD: Pretty! I say keep it up. May have to try that pairing myself =)

I know it's a huge long shot but I need advise .... laugh.gif

I am looking for a mate for this handsome little boy right here.

He is a 3rd GE with a Shadow Walker alt grandparent on one side and a alt black Sweetling grandparent on the other.

Obviously I'd love to find a similar mate to pair him with but that is pretty unlikely. So what can I breed him with to keep something so pretty going forward? Thanks!! smile.gif

Edited to add - Ok, what if I did something like this if I am unable to find a similar mate?

Would this work?

Edited by jocosa

I know it's a huge long shot but I need advise .... laugh.gif

I am looking for a mate for this handsome little boy right here.

He is a 3rd GE with a Shadow Walker alt grandparent on one side and a alt black Sweetling grandparent on the other.

Obviously I'd love to find a similar mate to pair him with but that is pretty unlikely. So what can I breed him with to keep something so pretty going forward? Thanks!! smile.gif

Edited to add - Ok, what if I did something like this if I am unable to find a similar mate?

Would this work?

I think that would work smile.gif

Or maybe you could try to find a 3rd gen with another spriter alt in the first gen. Not a SW but a snowangel, or a rosebud maybe.

Speaking of shadow walkers, can I ask for a suggestions about what could be a good mate for them next Halloween? I know I'm quite early, but I want to have all the time I need to check the potential mates.

I want to mate my SWs (at least one male and one female) with cb commons or uncommons, so that I'll be able to workon a checkered lineage later.

I don't have any cb gold, silver, frill or old pink, so they are out of discussion, and I think black is too obvious.

Any suggestion?

Speaking of shadow walkers, can I ask for a suggestions about what could be a good mate for them next Halloween? I know I'm quite early, but I want to have all the time I need to check the potential mates.

I want to mate my SWs (at least one male and one female) with cb commons or uncommons, so that I'll be able to workon a checkered lineage later.

I don't have any cb gold, silver, frill or old pink, so they are out of discussion, and I think black is too obvious.

Any suggestion?

I like Shadow Walkers with blue dragons, from Skywings to Deep Seas. (: They'd probably also look good with all pale dragons and other gray dragons. I like them with Electrics. I suppose White would be too obvious as well?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BHUeN

I got this little one for a trade and am wondering what I should do for a mate for him besides just getting a match in stripes even though that's what I'm leaning towards.

I think a matching stripe would of corse be the best choice smile.gif

I tried my own red pair, but they were not collaborative and produced a blue egg instead of a black one

@Saloiq

To be true, I didn't even thought of whites! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try them, and with something blue too smile.gif

Edited by Iside

I think a matching stripe would of corse be the best choice smile.gif

I tried my own red pair, but they were not collaborative and produced a blue egg instead of a black one

Darn, thanks for trying though.

@Saloiq

To be true, I didn't even thought of whites! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try them, and with something blue too smile.gif

Last year I had a bit of play around with shadow walkers, and I really like how they look with purples. But, it only works with the slender female purple, not the chubby males. ^^" Just my 2 cents.

I have a challenge for anyone; who thinks they can figure out a mate for this dragon?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/kfRJv

An exact duplicate of the pattern would be good. Not the exact breeds though. Like you may do a diamond with shadow walkers and another diamond with golds and silvers, or trios, or other holiday dragons, whichever one that you can manage. tongue.gif

Edited by hat17

This girl just refused my only Male Shadow walker, so what do you guys think I should try breeding her with?

A white CB stripe. But that's about it. e.e.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/j0NMC The mate i had for this gendered wrong. I have exactly zero CB Old pinks. Help? ;-;

This girl just refused my only Male Shadow walker, so what do you guys think I should try breeding her with?

I received an egg last night in trade with an unusual (to me) pairing that you might find interesting. The luminia and shadow walker have a rather similar look. I would suggest luminia or white to substitute your unwilling shadow walker for a silver mate.

PS if the egg is fogged, check later. Looks like some helpful hanna has targeted my scroll.

I am really new to this stuff and I am having trouble finding another black dragon to go along with this one. The lineage is in the link. I did not breed this somebody gave it to me, what do you suggest I try and find to breed with this?

user posted image

Any ideas about what's next for this lineage? Thank you!

What about another blue dragon? Thunder might look nice. (:

I'm planning on making a lineage using the following quote, and I have no idea what dragons to use. I personally am considering female hellfire wyverns and male ice dragons (neither of which I have any of), but I wanted to get other opinions. Anyway, here's the quote: (I have the names, but modified the quote a bit.)

“Oh, my sweet summer child," Old Nan said quietly, "what do you know of fear? Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods”

Don't supposed you'd give me some advice for starting a lineage? I'd like to start a public one(like Dorkface) but I'm completly confused as to how to start it and such. :/

Hi, I'm wondering about a mate for my male ultraviolot dragon. I was thinking of making one of the two lineages: either a some form of stairstep (with a pattern of purples and spirfires to go with the ultravilots) or a even gen ultraviolot which I could figure out to do something after I get it. So which lineage should I choose? Or should I choose something completly diffrent for him?

Here are the the links to the possibilities:

The Ultraviolot: http://dragcave.net/lineage/dnlsC

His older brother (an attmept to get the ultraviolot): http://dragcave.net/lineage/0tamd

Possible Parents for the even gen mate for the ultraviolot:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0rDkK

http://dragcave.net/lineage/2PsZt

Or I could use the purple for the start of a staircase.

I'd say another even gen that was the same gen (if that made any sense) and to try to make it so the father shared the same breed as his cb ancester (and vice versa) basically follow the pattern

Well,, looks like no one has posted here for awhile but I need help with this little girl.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/bd2su

Any suggestions?

I would say mirror it!

Get a 2G Coastal Waverunner with a Balloon father, influence it female, and breed it with a male 2G Black with a Shadow Walker mother for a Black egg. That'd make a pretty little arrow. :3

I need a little help here, please.

I got this amazing Moonstone x Daydream lineage.

1. I like the code that reminds Karl, but I was thinking about influence it female. It would be better, wouldn't it? unsure.gif

2. And them a mirror mate?

Thanks in advance ^^.

Edited by Yliah

Don't supposed you'd give me some advice for starting a lineage? I'd like to start a public one(like Dorkface) but I'm completly confused as to how to start it and such. :/

There is some good advise about starting a lineage in this thread which is pinned at the top of this Breeding forum. It should give you some good ideas.

I need a little help here, please.

I got this amazing Moonstone x Daydream lineage.

1. I like the code that reminds Karl, but I was thinking about influence it female. It would be better, wouldn't it?  unsure.gif

2. And them a mirror mate?

Thanks in advance ^^.

I'm late, but I think Karl is fine for a female. Also I'd go for a repeating pattern for an even gen rather than a mirror image of it. It already has a nice repeating pattern to it so it would be nice to keep it going. Though it's up to you; if you think a mirror lineage to it would be better I think it would look good as well.

Okay, I need a mirror lineage to this guy:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/t2H3

I've already made a mate for him, and even though I liked it then, I'd like a new one.

user posted image

I'm using magis in place of the hollies. I can come up with the black from a male silver unless I already have one hidden somewhere. I know I have an alt black with that lineage but I don't want an alt in the lineage. My problem is is that there are no male bright pinks so I'm at a loss of what to put there. Male pinks and flamingos are too dull to me so I thought of maybe a magi from a frill since both them and the bright pinks are retired. that would screw up the whole pink look in that area though, so I'm wondering what people would like best to replace the bright pink: frill, something as saturated as the bright pink, or something else that's pink.

EDIT: Or I could just do a repeating patter and the only thing I'd have to breed is the black from the silver. Anyone know what would look better?

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Just an idea.

user posted image

You could also replace the balloon with a Pink Sweetling or another 'Pink' Dragon. You can replace the Male Silver with a Pink Sweetling as well.

It kind of reminds me of my Holly Line. Took me forever to come up with something I liked.

I think Sunstone match Hollies rather nicely. happy.gif

Edited by tikigurl91