Saartje

Lineage Advice

yellow_gellow - I would either create a mirror or just start stairstepping it. Stairstep you could either alternate albinos and pinks or just go all pink.

TVTD - I can breed a purple like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/jbhZe

Then I'd follow the purple/holiday pattern and do a third gen from purple/rosebud.

Then breed the two above.

Then breed it to that lovely you have.

TVTD - I can breed a purple like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/jbhZe

Then I'd follow the purple/holiday pattern and do a third gen from purple/rosebud.

Then breed the two above.

Then breed it to that lovely you have.

biggrin.gif That would be awesome.

BUT WAIT...

I just grabbed THIS. What other reddish holiday dragons are there? Hollys, heartseekers... Any that are female?

Edited by TVTD

biggrin.gif That would be awesome.

BUT WAIT...

I just grabbed THIS. What other reddish holiday dragons are there? Hollys, heartseekers... Any that are female?

Ribbon Dancers have some red on them as well as the tri-colored Snow Angels. Rosebuds and the 09 Valentines too if pink counts as reddish.

I don't need help with finding a mate (no matter what I do, I'll use a CB I already have), but I want to ask advice on what other lineage fans would find prettier. I just got this lovely magma. Since the father is a PB magma, the stairstep isn't perfect, and I think a spiral would work a little better. The problem with a spiral is that there isn't really a perfect match for the female hellfire (I want a blue breed, not a male hellfire).

So what do you think? Which would be better?

A few examples:

Moonstone spiral

spitfire spiral

stairstep

Edited by hydrargyrum

If you have a cb magma, you could do a stair or even spiral of alternating magma and hellfire.

I don't really like the moonstone or spitfire paired with the magma and hellfire. They just have a completely different look, IMO.

If you want to stick with a spiral, perhaps a royal blue or a thunder?

(And I will say, that I kind of like the hellfire spiral myself, since the magma's are more red, like the male hellfires, and that would work if you can't do an alternating cb hellfire - magma mate.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

a Silver or Purple Nebula would look pretty as well. but i love the Royal Blue look.

i have a PB 2G Magma myself, i may just start up a Magma/Royal Blue Sprial *nods*

I think I'll definitely do a spiral, and that was the only choice that needed to be made now. I can choose the match after it grows up, after all, but I can't change the dragon's gender. And I had thought the outlined in blue look would be the best, but male hellfire does look very nice. Royal blue would work well, too. And I totally wish I had a CB silver that I could even do that if I wanted xd.png.

Edit: blink.gif Who knew wishing worked so well. I just caught a CB silver. I don't intend to breed it to the magma (don't even know which way I'll influence yet), but still. Wow.

Edited by hydrargyrum

I have a tinsel hatchling and a tinsel egg. I do NOT understand anything about breeding or why people care. So what I need to know is:

If they gender opposite to each other, will they make a 'suitable' pair for breeding?

And/Or

If they do not gender differently, what would be a 'suitable' mate for each?

I want to be able to gift the eggs, but as many other people care about lineage etc, I would like to make the most appropriate pairings.

PM or post here please.

If they gender differently, they will be suitable mate to each other. If not, you'll be hoping the first one (from Apollo) gender male so you can mate with a cb ribbon dancer, and the second one female to mate with a cb sunset.

If you do not have cb ribbon dancers, then you can try other breeds. But I think keeping it as a staircase lineage would help.

lisarae, i have a cousin to your hatchling smile.gif

you can definatley match those two up if you want, those lineages will look pretty together, but if you have a CB Ribbon i'd highly suggest seeing if the Tinsel and the ribbon acept eachother to continue that lineage as well.

Most Tinsel collectors are after continued neat lineages, so imo youd get more value in a trade by continueing the lineages of your Tinsels rather than joining the two together.

if you don't have a CB Ribbon dancer, or yours refuses try any of your other CB Holidays to continue with the theme that way the value remains *nods*

in other news, i'm finally got a GW egg for my Gold!! this is what the lineage will look like if they eccept eachother

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=YJQjr

Edited by Red2111

O wise and impartial lineage advisors,

There's this gold with marrow, http://dragcave.net/lineage/IDFSB

I don't have any cb marrows to continue lineage, would the no regret thing to do be to let the dragon grow up? ..or trade away for another gold? ohmy.gif

it may take a while,. but i'd say you oughtta work on getting an opposite-staircase, male match for it :3

@angelicdragonpuppy

I would try to continue the scale with a cb pink: it won't be a 2-bred scale anymore, but the color pattern will be manteined.

Another way is - as hat17 suggests - to create an arrow, but imho this will eventually create very difficult to breed offsprings

@SnowSherry

I would try to trade it for a gold with the same lineage and generation (but with other mates then marrows) and if you can't find something of the same value or better I'd keep it and try to mate it with a cb male black

Hi happy.gif

I usually don't keep any tinsels or tinsel "fails", but I managed to keep this one that gendered male. Any suggestions on how I can continue this?

Thanks smile.gif

O wise and impartial lineage advisors,

There's this gold with marrow, http://dragcave.net/lineage/IDFSB

I don't have any cb marrows to continue lineage, would the no regret thing to do be to let the dragon grow up? ..or trade away for another gold? ohmy.gif

Even if you don't have CB marrows, in the future, there may be a complementary Halloween breed released which you could use as a mate substitution. :3 I'd personally keep the baby for such a situation (or breed something to make it into an arrowhead in the meantime, for example) though probably a bit out of laziness too since trading stair step metallics with holiday mates can be a pain sometimes. x)

Hai. I was gifted with this http://dragcave.net/lineage/EfAGg but I don't have a clue of what to do. I dont have any rosebuds, and I was planning on grabbing a CB Pink and influence the egg male so the staircase continues, but perhaps there's something better? xd.png

yeah pisps, i'd go with a CB pink if you dont have a CB rosebud or Valentine to continue it smile.gif

Edited by Red2111

I am trying to find dedicated mates for the black dragons on my scroll but I just wanted some advice on the mates for them.

Jessamine - would a 4th EG PB black be best for her

Unity - Another 4th Gen EG Black with SW ancestors or a 4th EG PB black

Requiem - what kind of black gold mix should I try to get for him?

Darjeeling - I simply have no idea how to breed her

London - No clue whatsoever

Orkia - 2nd Gen Royal Blue/Black, 2nd Gen PB Royal, 2nd Gen PB Black, or CB Royal blue

Chymira - 2nd Gen PB Black or a matching mate.

Aaroha - 3rd Even Gen PB Black or try to find a matching mate

Okay that's all of them

Edited by QAndais

Looks like I'm bumping an old topic, but...

I picked this up in the AP the other day and don't know what to breed it with when it grows up. I don't have any marrows, let alone CB ones. I thought of a CB black, but they're so hard to catch and I haven't got one of those either. Advice? Thanks in advance!

What about a CB female Gwyvern? It would echo the Golds in the beginning so it would seem like you're repeating the pattern instead of breaking it. (: You could also try a Red or Red Dorsal, since their colors look nice with the rest of the dragons in the lineage. They might look like they're breaking the pattern at first though.