Kirbyburn

Ascension

How should lineages work?  

726 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Momo put in a substantial amount of work in on the waters, just like I did for the skywing. It would have been unfair for her to pull them when we'd all worked on them, so they get to stay c:

Have to agree on the KISS idea for ascension. It's not a big deal if they don't get better BSAs, cool new sprites are their own reward. I wouldn't think it was in the least biut unfair if they did get better BSAs, but I don't see any reason to get a headache over doing it when the whole point of it is, basically, cool sprites.

The reward of ascending a dragon has always been a larger, more impressive sprite. When the idea was first proposed, that was all it was. I'm still massively in favor of keeping it simple.

I LIKE YOU !

*supports*

No, we're not. Because everything has been said and done, and most of the people who were active here seem to agree with things.

From what I remember, ascension won't be limited to a certain number of dragons (= every dragon can ascend ultimately), based on a certain age; items might come into play at a later point in time; ascension will get us a lovely new sprite. That much we could all agree on, I think.

No, we're not. Because everything has been said and done, and most of the people who were active here seem to agree with things.

From what I remember, ascension won't be limited to a certain number of dragons (= every dragon can ascend ultimately), based on a certain age; items might come into play at a later point in time; ascension will get us a lovely new sprite. That much we could all agree on, I think.

Pretty much this and what Fuzzbucket said.

Keep it simple.

Results of the old poll:

Should ascended dragons have upped BSA's/breeding/anything (could just be one or more of these - please state)?

Yes; they are stronger, so it makes sense. [ 98 ] [46.23%]

Yes; I would like that. [ 19 ] [8.96%]

I don't know/I can't decide. [ 7 ] [3.30%]

I don't care. Either is fine. [ 28 ] [13.21%]

No; that's not fair. [ 14 ] [6.60%]

No; they should say the same for those that don't want them. [ 35 ] [16.51%]

They shouldn't even be able to breed/use BSA's/whatnot at this stage. [ 11 ] [5.19%]

Total Votes: 212

~

New poll up. :3

Although I voted that upped chances would make sense, I kinda backpedaled now. I think that a gorgeous new sprite is enough of a reason to ascend. Besides, KISS (please don't consider this an insult!) is a good idea because it's in the spirit of DC.

I went for the Simple Kiss, myself. Anything else would change the regular game play too much and disadvantage anyone who loves to play but didn't want to ascend anything.

I'll admit before i start that I havent read much in here past the poll....

I dont like any of the answers. Shorter cooldown on bsas.. but it should take longer between breedings if you are plannng to up the success rates on the pairings.

About the poll: atm there's kind of a dichotomy of "perks or no perks," but the way the poll is made, it divides the "perks" group into a bunch of little groups, so that will make it look like a lot more people don't want perks.

Although a plurality of the results to the previous poll said they were for perks, and a majority said they would not be unhappy about perks (counting the positive and neutral options), I think that will probably be forgotten with the results of this new poll.

About the poll:  atm there's kind of a dichotomy of "perks or no perks," but the way the poll is made, it divides the "perks" group into a bunch of little groups, so that will make it look like a lot more people don't want perks.

Although a plurality of the results to the previous poll said they were for perks, and a majority said they would not be unhappy about perks (counting the positive and neutral options), I think that will probably be forgotten with the results of this new poll.

I don't think you should automatically add the neutral votes to the positive, you could just as well add them to the negative.

Either way, the positive votes were indeed a lot higher than the negative (55.19% vs. 28.30%) so I agree that this poll is not entirely right. It even says in the wording 'if they gain in game perks', so the last option shouldn't really be there.

As it is worded now my vote went to 'no perks', if that option wasn't there, I would have voted for 'upped breeding success' only (as I said before, the same 'upped' as with fertility).

I don't think you should automatically add the neutral votes to the positive, you could just as well add them to the negative.

Well, I was describing that category as "not negative," rather than positive. The positive and neutral votes together all represent people who do not dislike the idea of ascendeds getting perks.

I debated for a while about putting no perks in this poll or not, because of how I did the last poll, but because it seemed a lot of people changed their mind after Kila argued KISS, I added it, so those people could reflect their new view. Unless people would rather I just re-did the last poll?

(Also, there's one "no" option and a ton of "yes" options. Right now, the yeses really aren't that far behind.

No - 54.55%

Yes - 45.45%)

I voted for KISS, but if that hadn't been an option, shortened breeding for non-BSA dragons and shortened cooldown for BSA dragons would do it. But not both on the same dragon. Shortened BSA cooldown just wouldn't work for non-BSA dragons.

I think there has to be a way to show that some people don't want perks except for the sprite.

So maybe just change the wording to read "just the sprite" ?

Otherwise it will look as if there is no-one wanting no perks at all. And there are many of us...

When it comes to perks, if we get anything, I say shortened BSA and breeding cooldown would be nice. Boost to odds of success for both would be okay, too, as long as it wasn't game-breaking. Of course, things like Incubate where it has no failure rate already can't get a boost to power...

I don't see how getting a power-boost is anymore unfair than dragons having a BSA at all in the first place, personally. And for a breeding boost, they could have a Fertility-level boost built in, but not able to have Fertility used on them to even that out a bit.

But it would make sense that they'd get a shorter cooldown, since they're at their prime.

I saw some of the ascended sprites before the thread went away and they were lovely. <3 I would be just fine if they were the only reward for ascending. I'd also be okay with a breeding/BSA boost, but I think keeping it simple is probably the best way to get it released in-cave.

Also, I was thinking about the different possible benefits, and I'd like to know, how would a shortened breeding cooldown work? I mean, if you had an ascended Water x normal Skywing pair, you'd be able to breed the Water, say, every 5 days, but you'd still have to wait the extra 2 days for the Skywing to come off cooldown. It just doesn't seem very useful to me. I suppose it would work better for people who rotate different pairs, but it doesn't do much for anyone with a lifemated ascended x non-ascended pair.

I just want to point out, before anyone sees the poll and immediately concludes that the majority of members favor the KISS approach, in fact 65% of members who voted favor some kind of perk.

I think a better poll would have been "Do you think Ascension should have perks besides just the Ascended sprite?" With only the "Yes" and "No" options. Then if "Yes" won, we could start discussion which perks make the most sense, not whether there should be perks at all.

Edited by Renorei

I just want to point out, before anyone sees the poll and immediately concludes that the majority of members favor the KISS approach, in fact 65% of members who voted favor some kind of perk. 

I think a better poll would have been "Do you think Ascension should have perks besides just the Ascended sprite?"  With only the "Yes" and "No" options.  Then if "Yes" won, we could start discussion which perks make the most sense, not whether there should be perks at all.

Yeah, I agree that that probably would have been a better idea. It would just make more sense.

Also, @Sunfeathers: Well, I'd assume the Ascended was the only one that got the reduced cooldown time. I mean, it would get a reduced cooldown because it's at the peak of it's powers.

One way to deal with the uneven problem would be to make it so only Ascendeds could breed with other ascendeds--like drakes can only breed with drakes, or 2-headeds with 2-headeds. It could be explained that they only breed with others who are at their prime to produce the strongest, healthiest offspring, maybe?

Personally, though, I'd rather they just get a lesser cooldown and non-ascended mates get their normal.

Edited by KageSora

Personally, though, I'd rather they just get a lesser cooldown and non-ascended mates get their normal.

I don't see the breeding cooldown mismatch as being that big of an issue. You could simply wait until the non-ascended dragon is ready to breed and then breed. No big deal, really. Or, a way to dodge this issue would be to give ascendeds greater breeding success but not a shorter cooldown.

It would be super easy to redo or restart the poll differently, if people would like that. I am trying to keep the polls fair. ^^