Kirbyburn

Ascension

How should lineages work?  

726 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh? I didn't know the Ascended thread was still around when the Nebula was released.

I like the mountain/garden/temple/elder dragons idea. Maybe there could be a challenge for the dragon.

EX: You want to ascend a Green. That green has to walk through a forest to get to the location to ascend. There would be certain things you and the dragon would have to do in the forest in order to open the correct path. How well & how fast you do it depends on the dragon's age. If you cannot finish (the dragon is too young, or you give enough wrong answers), you'd get a "despite your attempts, you cannot find the path you desire. Try again later" message.

If you succed & get to the desired location, the dragon will ascend.

After all, a challenge is what makes the prize worth it.

NOT keen on this. Most seem to feel extra "things to do"that actually affect game play are a no-no - there is a thread.... Just a button with a very small fail rate, for me.

The Nebula is the one I'm thinking of.

The Nebula ascended is still a draft, and isn't 'officially' apart of the project. It was just something I experimented with to test my skill.

The final one, if this project is ever released, will likely look much different.

Reviving this, because I really want Ascension to happen.

I'm still all in favor of keeping this as simple as possible; Ascend at either 6 or 12 months, success rate of 85%, still able to breed, and no "enhanced" BSA's.

Because remember guys, for DC, simple is golden.

I totally agree with you on this!

I whished for ascendance since I laid my eyes on the ascended Skywing spirte for the first time.

Can we see the Ascended sprites, or are they in a section we can't see?

Can we see the Ascended sprites, or are they in a section we can't see?

They were originally visible, but the thread was moved.

They were visible back when I first started spriting here but was removed roughly a year later due to all the drama that was occuring within the thread.

They were visible back when I first started spriting here but was removed roughly a year later due to all the drama that was occuring within the thread.

Is there somewhere outside the thread we can get a peak at them? (other then the ascended water on the dragon wiki page)

I remember seeing the sprites a looong time ago, and would like to see them again if anything to refresh my memory of what we had in the works. As long as discussion on ascension sprites and how ascension worked were kept in separate discussions (IE a thread on the art forums or something), what's the harm?

I beleive a few of them are scattered about on DA but other than that, not sure where else to find them.

Maybe we could get a closed thread or a thread on moderated posting where only posts containing ascended sprites may be posted? That would probably solve the problem of drama.

Some of the sprites are more or less pulled due to the spriter leaving or the orginal artist not liking the sprite(s). The asended splits (both), water, purples, skywing, paper, and nebula (wasn't part of the orginal asended thread) I know for a fact is on DA.

Some of the sprites are more or less pulled due to the spriter leaving or the orginal artist not liking the sprite(s). The asended splits (both), water, purples, skywing, paper, and nebula (wasn't part of the orginal asended thread) I know for a fact is on DA.

As is the Bright Pink and Nilia Pygmy, btw.

I don't believe i've posted here yet, but I support Ascension. I voted for the 'You can ascend any dragons and the sprite will change in lineage view' option in the current poll.

I should note here that the Nilia on my DA is not necessarily the official one (there isn't even an official one yet xd.png). It was pretty much me going "Lol so this is how it would look if I ever did it"

None of them[the Ascended sprites] are 'official' anyway, or do you mean its not an official unofficial official? ... either way, its looks cool and if Ascension were to be implemented it would awesome to have on a/my scroll.

[i can spell :L]

@Dolphinsong below: Oh, ok... it said it was the Ascended Nilia on DA so I just assumed it was the official unofficial for officialness. :L

Edited by Whitefire

Only the nilia one is unofficial. The others there on DA are considered semi official as they were the chosen ones designed for the dragons, but won't be official until they are actually released into the cave.

Edit: Just located more of the asended sprites on DA. Sunrise, Sunset, Stone, Magi

Edited by Dolphinsong

Maybe we could get a closed thread or a thread on moderated posting where only posts containing ascended sprites may be posted? That would probably solve the problem of drama.

That would just displace the drama, and we'd just have a bunch of people wanking it up in SD instead of the display thread. There is no way to "solve" drama, it's just a thing that appears wherever anything happens. We can try to minimize it but keeping people out of a thread isn't really the way to go about it. They'll just do it elsewhere.

Edited by Lythiaren

I don't see what problem people have with changing the sprite in the lineage. I mean, it's still the same breed. It's just older and more magical now. Still, perhaps making it an optional thing would be better.

Also, I feel like the ascended dragon should have it's own description, for the benefit of users brought in from other forums who see this cool sprite and don't know how to get it.

Edited by minkymy

I would like whether or not you see it in lineage view to be optional. Think of it like this: you've slaved for years to create a beautiful 8th gen, even gen, PB gold lineage! Ah, truly a thing of beau--ALDKFJ OH GOD NO SOMEONE ASCENDED A DRAGON AND NOW IT'S ALL OUT OF ORDER LKDFJDLKFJF

I know we already have no control over dragons we don't own. Dragons in the lineages of ones we own might die or lose their names or have their names changed. But just because we already have little control doesn't mean we need even less of it. lD;;

I would like whether or not you see it in lineage view to be optional. Think of it like this: you've slaved for years to create a beautiful 8th gen, even gen, PB gold lineage! Ah, truly a thing of beau--ALDKFJ OH GOD NO SOMEONE ASCENDED A DRAGON AND NOW IT'S ALL OUT OF ORDER LKDFJDLKFJF

I know we already have no control over dragons we don't own. Dragons in the lineages of ones we own might die or lose their names or have their names changed. But just because we already have little control doesn't mean we need even less of it. lD;;

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THAT'S A BAAAAD THIIIIING~ D:>

I mean, wouldn't the color still be the same?

I first read about this ages ago. Back then I wasn't so keen on the idea. My reaction was basically "Oh no, more sprites I have to collect!"

Nowadays I keep wanting to hear more news about this. I love the idea of being able to choose a few of my dragons to ascend to the next level. Just as long as I CAN choose who gets to ascend. I don't want all my pretty sprites to suddenly be big old ascended dragons!

Since I'm not a big 'ooh pretty lineage!' person, I'm not all that concerned with how it looks on the Lineage view, but I can really see how some people who make their lineages look a certain way would hate it if an ascended dragon mussed it all up. So I'm not sure what side of the fence I'm on when that is concerned...

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THAT'S A BAAAAD THIIIIING~ D:>

I mean, wouldn't the color still be the same?

Let's say you have a gold dragon in an awkward hopping-on-one-foot stance and another gold dragon looking majestic. They're both the same color, but one sprite is probably going to be much more appealing to people. l'D

People tend to create lineages because, well, they like the exact way things look in lineages. Gold tinsels and gold dragons are pretty much the same exact color, but people still tend to pick one or the other to use in a lineage project as opposed to just swapping around for color. Poses matter--look at the black dragons. I think the female's pose is a lot less appealing than the male's, so I prefer males for lineages. Same color or not, I like the look of one a whole lot more than the other.

Of course, you might be someone who doesn't particularly care about lineage appeal. And that's fine! But there are many, many people who do--there's a whole section in the forum devoted to lineage projects, after all--and said people tend to not be keen on any sort of alteration to lineages they've already worked hard to establish, even if it's only a minor change in a dragon's pose.

Also, going back to my 8th gen lineage example--if there were hundreds of identical dragons in a lineage, and then that ONE dragon that had ascended and looked different, would it not be an eyesore to you? Or at least stick out? It's like a single speck of dust on an otherwise perfectly clean mirror--that darn mirror might be 99.99% perfect, but your eyes are still going to be drawn to that one speck and want to pick it clean. D:

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Let's say you have a gold dragon in an awkward hopping-on-one-foot stance and another gold dragon looking majestic. They're both the same color, but one sprite is probably going to be much more appealing to people. l'D

People tend to create lineages because, well, they like the exact way things look in lineages. Gold tinsels and gold dragons are pretty much the same exact color, but people still tend to pick one or the other to use in a lineage project as opposed to just swapping around for color. Poses matter--look at the black dragons. I think the female's pose is a lot less appealing than the male's, so I prefer males for lineages. Same color or not, I like the look of one a whole lot more than the other.

Of course, you might be someone who doesn't particularly care about lineage appeal. And that's fine! But there are many, many people who do--there's a whole section in the forum devoted to lineage projects, after all--and said people tend to not be keen on any sort of alteration to lineages they've already worked hard to establish, even if it's only a minor change in a dragon's pose.

Also, going back to my 8th gen lineage example--if there were hundreds of identical dragons in a lineage, and then that ONE dragon that had ascended and looked different, would it not be an eyesore to you? Or at least stick out? It's like a single speck of dust on an otherwise perfectly clean mirror--that darn mirror might be 99.99% perfect, but your eyes are still going to be drawn to that one speck and want to pick it clean. D:

Oh. OOOOOOOH. Okay, that makes more sense. I can see how ascension could screw up a lineage.