Kirbyburn

Ascension

How should lineages work?  

726 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What exactly hasn't been updated?????????

I thought with getting the same question over and over, the first post wasnt updated. But maybe they're just not reading it.

I remember the old topic and seen ALL those lovely sprites... to bad its not able to be viewed because I loved that topic!

But anyway, IF this idea made it in, I just hope it's not like the ridiculous fail rate on summoning a GoN egg. @_@

Just my 2¢

So now im guessing we should get a new poll dealing with how much percent BSA's should be boosted.

Edited by Kirbyburn

QUOTE (libby2999 @ Jul 9 2011, 01:02 PM)

I plannly hatte this idea cuz it would take soooooooooooooooo long to make new sprites for ALL current dragons not to mention all the dragons that are done but not 'live'. this is a wast of time.

I agree with libby. I would take forever to add another sprite to all dragons that could ascend. But other than that, If you didn't have the original sketchers and spriters, the ascend stage dragons could end up not matching the originals because of the unique style the other dragons are originally done in. The idea is a good one, but very impractical because of all of the variables in getting enough ascend sprites to make the idea work. And for dragons that are not in the cave, I personally would opt. out in making an ascend stage sprite for any of my WIP dragons. Don't for get that other artists might not choose not to make another sprite.

The only way I could see this working is if you made one new dragon/dragon series with the BSA just for itself, and you couldn't use it one any other dragons.

Edited by Luna1331

I agree with libby. I would take forever to add another sprite to all dragons that could ascend. But other than that, If you didn't have the original sketchers and spriters, the ascend stage dragons could end up not matching the originals because of the unique style the other dragons are originally done in. The idea is a good one, but very impractical because of all of the variables in getting enough ascend sprites to make the idea work. And for dragons that are not in the cave, I personally would opt. out in making an ascend stage sprite for any of my WIP dragons. Don't for get that other artists might not choose not to make another sprite.

The only way I could see this working is if you made one new dragon/dragon series with the BSA just for itself, and you couldn't use it one any other dragons.

The question of whether or not to have Ascendeds exist has pretty much been settled. Right now there is a thread in the artist section where they are working on making Ascended sprites for current in-cave dragons. I guess you'd have to take up such matters with those who have access to that forum.

Edited by ~!~

When the old thread used to be visible a /lot/ of the ascended sprites were already completed (blacks, waters, can't remember the others....).

If you check the dragcave wiki, the image of the water dragon on the banner is ascended. The concept dates back to when I joined the site,a year ago :/

Some of the old ascended sprites that were made for that topic are viewable on deviantart aswell.

*sigh*

Does NOBODY read the darn thread?

It has been stated multiple times that there are already ascended sprites completed or in-progress.

Besides, not every dragon would need to ascend. If you didn't want to make an ascended version, fine! Not every dragon has dimorphism, right? Or some that do don't always have two hatchling sprites. It's not like it's absolutely required for a dragon to have that--so ascension would be based on the desires of the creator.

Hugs KageSora better - and thanks for saying that; I bit my tongue for once... wink.gif

Hugs KageSora better - and thanks for saying that; I bit my tongue for once... wink.gif

I can understand if it's asked a few times, especially if there are a number of pages between times it was asked. But this is just getting ridiculous! I mean, right after Libby's, two people explained that many were already made! It even says in the first post that not all dragons need to ascend--or would even get one!

Maybe if the first post mentioned that many sprites for the in-cave ones (older ones, at any rate) were already created/in progress it could help...

I hate the idea of Ascension. Now that we can freeze first-stage hatchlings too, we've got another stage.

What exactly is it about the idea of having another possible stage that you hate? It's completely optional, no one *has* to do it, but if a lot of people *want* to do it, why not let them?

Edited by Marie19R

*saunters into the conversation*

Even if the Ascended sprites didn't already exist (which they do, as has been pointed out already) what's the harm in taking a long time to make new ones? Are you planning on going somewhere?

As for not having the same artists, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most alts done by completely different spriters? And they all work out just fine. smile.gif

I whole-heartedly approve of this idea, btw. I've been hoping for Ascendeds ever since I saw the Ascended Nebula design on DeviantArt! Though I like it not being for all dragons. Ascended GoNs would be a bit of a letdown (they're already super-powerful, what do they need an Ascended form for?) and what exactly would an Ascended Cheese look like? tongue.gif

It even says in the first post that not all dragons need to ascend--or would even get one!

I don't get this. It's not like some artist can just be like "I don't want my dragons to have hatchling stages, so I'm not making sprites for them." To be honest, I don't understand why different sprites for adult males and females isn't standardized. (I can see not wanting dimorphism, but they can at least be in different positions or something...)

EDIT: I can't see GoN ascending because it's already super-powerful, plus I'm not super happy about more stages for scroll-limited breeds. Also, I don't think Neglecteds would have it in them to ascend.

Edited by ~!~

I don't get this. It's not like some artist can just be like "I don't want my dragons to have hatchling stages, so I'm not making sprites for them."

It is like that; they have the absolute right to say their dragon cannot ascend. As they should. You create a dragon, you can say what it is like and what it can and can't do.

I don't get this. It's not like some artist can just be like "I don't want my dragons to have hatchling stages, so I'm not making sprites for them." To be honest, I don't understand why different sprites for adult males and females isn't standardized. (I can see not wanting dimorphism, but they can at least be in different positions or something...)

EDIT: I can't see GoN ascending because it's already super-powerful, plus I'm not super happy about more stages for scroll-limited breeds. Also, I don't think Neglecteds would have it in them to ascend.

I think it's because Ascension would not be a required stage. All adults must be hatchlings before they can be adults, but not all adults will ascend, therefore it's not a required stage of life.

what exactly would an Ascended Cheese look like? tongue.gif

It'd have broccoli and nacho chips.

In my opinion, Ascension is basically an Elder stage of dragons, or Ancients in some novels. They are hundrads if not thousands of years old, massive in size (usually twice the size of adults) and still able to produce children. They are very knowledgable, have aquired a vast horde over the years, and are extreamlly powerful.

Now as to what can and cannot ascend... I say Holidays,GoN, Neglated, and Zombie should not be able to assend, due to the limited numbers you can have. (Or in the case of negleted/zombie they are too weak/not actually alive to reach that stage)

The reason I did not list the dinos or chicken is because I clearly said stage of dragon. Dinos are not dragons. Chicken is not a dragon. Thus it does not apply to them.

The reason I did not list the dinos or chicken is because I clearly said stage of dragon. Dinos are not dragons. Chicken is not a dragon. Thus it does not apply to them.

Well when I see dragon, I generally think of everything in the cave, cause really every dragon isn't really a "dragon" by defintion. Anyway...

There are many meanings to the word dragon and all but chicken fit it. The species 'dragon' tho in reguards to the cave is everything except dinos and chicken. Subspecies of dragon is as followed. Eastern, Western, Wyvern, Wyrm(sometimes called serpent), Drake (wingless), Drak, Amphiptere. Pygmy is a secondary sub category incase you wonder.

I don't think some dragons should ascend, like I can't see mints ascendng. But I can see stone dragons become huge massive thing, black dragons becoming armor-plated, things...

I don't think some dragons should ascend, like I can't see mints ascendng. But I can see stone dragons become huge massive thing, black dragons becoming armor-plated, things...

I think the ones which should ascend should be the ones whose creators intended that for them....

I rather fancy an ascended mint....

Actually, if I remember correctly the Ascended Mint sprites grew leetle wings :3