TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

Alas xd.png

Though I do wonder if it only works with white striped for now. Anyone got a black striped from a coloured striped yet?

So far as I know not xd.png

..I haven't been lucky, I thought I could breed nebulaxwhite striped if I could get a blackie, but it failed, sadly.

Love the furball!!

Are the new eggs still dropping in the cave?

Yep smile.gif along with other eggs.

Here's some advice for all you breeders - DON'T breed White Striped dragons with Blacks, because Blacks are very common eggs and you're so likely to get more Blacks than Black-Striped.

Try breeding with a rarer suitable breed, if possible. Like Ember, which is relatively rarer, or Black Marrow if you've got it.

Black Marrow is actually the best - it doesn't raise your chances of getting an egg, but if you do get an egg it will definitely be a Striped.

yes Fallen_Leaf,They are. ninja.gif

i am so happy I now have one of each dropped egg! I just need to breed a black stripe and I will be complete. biggrin.gif

good luck everyone still trying to catch them!

Edited by DarkDamsel09

Here's some advice for all you breeders - DON'T breed White Striped dragons with Blacks, because Blacks are very common eggs and you're so likely to get more Blacks than Black-Striped.

Try breeding with a rarer suitable breed, if possible. Like Ember, which is relatively rarer, or Black Marrow if you've got it.

Black Marrow is actually the best - it doesn't raise your chances of getting an egg, but if you do get an egg it will definitely be a Striped.

Lucky me, having a Ember female and a striped male tongue.gif

That one day of waiting is teasing me.

I think it depends on the hatcheries you use as some get more traffic than others.  I usually start my eggs out at Egg Drop Soup and then after a day or so put them on a busier site as well.

Daily dragon fix is the absolute best and safest fansite out there to use for new releases/holidays if you feel that you "must" post your eggs right away instead of waiting 24 hours or so. I always pop new caught stuff there and NEVER had problems with view bombing or sickness. The site is designed very well. For example, the valentine release back in February - grew my rosebuds to ADULTS using just that one fansite and did it with a measly ~700 views. With other fansites, a lot of people were trying to hatch eggs that racked up over 2,000 views. ;-)

When is it known if a dragon is common or rare?

When they grow up.. if you try to breed them to Rares like a gold/silver and get nothing but refusals then you know they are rare. smile.gif

Edited by WraithZephyr

Alas xd.png

Though I do wonder if it only works with white striped for now. Anyone got a black striped from a coloured striped yet?

I saw a colored striped x color striped black-striped.

And I also saw color striped x black or marrow.

I wonder if there are CB black striped as well. *looks at TJs*

As far as I know, the stripe breeding list includes blacks, nebulas, dorsals, alt sweetlings, embers, black marrows for sure, and possibly storm/grey and electric dragons.

TJ has the only CB black stripes, guys. Just so you know.

Oh wow, bred 4 cb stripes x black marrow and NO eggs ... bummer ....

Alas xd.png

I got a 5th gen pb black stripe from a blue stripe x red stripe. As well as a 2nd gen pb black stripe from white stripe x white stripe.

Lmao, I was just wondering why is the AP filled with black eggs.

So was I.

At least I managed to pick up a low-gen black Dorkface.

Should have kept that Thruwed Dorkface, but it had a huuuuge lineage.

I don't mind the wall o' black in the AP that much. Ups my chances for getting more black alts.

When I'm not scroll-locked, that is....

I'll be breeding more black stripes from my marrows to drop in the AP once I'm unlocked.

Black stripes... Must obtain... <3

But gotta ditch an accidental egg to try and pick up another of one of the other two, then I can try to breed one. xd.png

Has anyone checked ThunderxStripe or MagmaxStripe?

I tried magma x stripe and got a magma! xd.png

As far as I know, the stripe breeding list includes blacks, nebulas, dorsals, alt sweetlings, embers, black marrows for sure, and possibly storm/grey and electric dragons.

TJ has the only CB black stripes, guys. Just so you know.

But has it been confirmed that a Striped/Dorsal pairing will produce a Black Striped? All I want is confirmation, since one of my Striped pairings is a Striped/Purple Dorsal pair.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

New eggs smile.gif

It'll be a little while before I get any. I never abandon any eggs once I've picked them up. I'm odd that way.

But this is the first time I've got a great catch from everyone trying for something specific. So, thanks to whomever dropped the lovely silver egg I now have!

At I think I understand why the abandoned pile is full of blacks and dorsals now, lol.

Good luck to all of you breeders.

But has it been confirmed that a Striped/Dorsal pairing will produce a Black Striped? All I want is confirmation, since one of my Striped pairings is a Striped/Purple Dorsal pair.

Vicats is the mother of all stripe dragons, would her saying it be enough confirmation for you? wink.gif