TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

You might need to hide your scroll for a day or so, SF.

Well, I don't think my strategy was totally great on that one. I abandoned two eggs, both self-bred, and had three hatchies grow up today. Ended up with three hatchies, a velvet, a thin-shell, and three black stripes.

...Yeah. Well, I'm pretty certain at least one of the two new breeds are going to be common, and probably both are going to be no more than uncommon. Versus colored stripes are a pain in the neck to breed once the ratios even out, but these black ones are pretty easy to breed right now. All three of mine were parented by black marrows.

Eggs are currently dropping, FYI.

Edit: Dropped for a few minutes, at :07 it stopped. (Saying :07 because people are in different time zones.)

Edited by Mistshadow

... For the life of me I can't seem to click right on the velvet ones. I missed tons and tons, then reflex-clicked and got a CB Albino instead, so I have 5 hours until I can free my scroll again.

And I'm still seeing sick eggs in hatcheries. Really, people, have holiday-drops taught us nothing? A brand-new-breed egg with 6 days 22 hours *will* get sick if you stick it in hatcheries!

Two black striped, two velvet ~Spoilers Removed~? >.>), and one thin shell (no idea what the name is... Parrot? Duotail?)

I has a happy. This is the reason i've been stocking up on reds... to incubate o.o

Edited by _Z_

... For the life of me I can't seem to click right on the velvet ones. I missed tons and tons, then reflex-clicked and got a CB Albino instead, so I have 5 hours until I can free my scroll again.

And I'm still seeing sick eggs in hatcheries. Really, people, have holiday-drops taught us nothing? A brand-new-breed egg with 6 days 22 hours *will* get sick if you stick it in hatcheries!

I think what happens is that people stick them in several hatcheries at a time. Mine don't tend to get sick, 'cause I only use two.

Watch, now that I said that, they'll all get sick. D:

I keep my new eggs only in Silvi's Lair, then the next day put them in another, then next day put them in one final one. I learned how to do it right the hard way >.>

I think it depends on the hatcheries you use as some get more traffic than others. I usually start my eggs out at Egg Drop Soup and then after a day or so put them on a busier site as well.

Earlier today, my black stripe managed to get sick and it wasn't in any hatchery (I think it was the ratio of clicks and unique views that did it - it had a rather high number of them for a relatively young egg). I'll be hiding all my eggs before I go to bed tonight (as I usually do for all new release/special eggs).

Derp! I reflex clicked on a paper xd.png Go figure . . . Oh well I got 2 thin eggs and 1 velvet and bred myself a black strip even so I'm happy ^^

I just bred a pretty stairstep Black Stripe for my DIO lineage. Its mother is a Nebula, Grampa's a Silver smile.gif

I have my thin-shell egg on Egg Drop Soup. So far so good [knock on wood]. Thank the Gods (including TJ) for that new Disease Warning action! smile.gif Saved my biscuits a couple times now.

I'm kind of amused... my black striped haven't gotten sick yet, and I have them in several hatcheries. (Hurr, the elder is at 4d23hrs. <333)

I believe this is one of the better releases we've had. Anyone agree?

There wasn't any lag, or... not much.

Almost everyone got what they wanted... which is great!

I hope my 2 velvets and 2 fragiles are male/female, so I don't have to look around the cave for another CB egg :/

*Trying to get 2 of everything, then free hatchies*

I have my thin-shell egg on Egg Drop Soup. So far so good [knock on wood]. Thank the Gods (including TJ) for that new Disease Warning action! smile.gif Saved my biscuits a couple times now.

Disease-warning action? Whut?

There's a new thing where a warning pops up at the top of your scroll, saying that one or more of your eggs/hatchlings has soft-shell disease, and pictures the ones that are sick.

There's a new thing where a warning pops up at the top of your scroll, saying that one or more of your eggs/hatchlings has soft-shell disease, and pictures the ones that are sick.

That's new, but then I haven't had many sick eggs, so maybe I just never noticed it.