TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

Copied from the Dragon Cave Wiki:

At the moment the only confirmed parents' pair are White Striped x Black Marrow, White Striped x White Striped, White Striped x Black (both Normal and Alt), White Striped x Black Sweetling (Valentine '10), White Striped x Ember, Green Stripe x Black Marrow, Red Striped x Black.

(Guess all Striped with either Black (Normal and Alt), Ember, Marrow, will breed Black Striped eggs)

Most questions answered? lol

Are the new eggs no longer dropping??!

They are still dropping (but with regular eggs), I cought a velvet one for my friend some minutes ago.

No, they're not breedable yet. There are no adults yet.

It's also possible someone e.g. picked up a third velvet by accident and ditched it to try and get another thin-shell, or vice versa.

I know if I accidentally get another thin-shell (missing another velvet), I'll dump it and try to get a "furball" egg instead.

You need to wait 5 hours before dropping an egg which one would have picked up in the main cave, which would leave its time at 6h** days left but the one I saw had 7 days left...

Ugh, I missed the release date!

I want some shiny new eggs, but I'll never get them now. >.>

You'll never get them if you STOP hunting for them. They're permanent additions to the Cave.

@DragonSpirit009: If you catch an egg from the Cave and drop it later, it adds a day to the egg.

Edited by calenlass

You need to wait 5 hours before dropping an egg which one would have picked up in the main cave, which would leave its time at 6h** days left but the one I saw had 7 days left...

When you abandon an egg for the first time (i.e. after you've grabbed it from the cave first) it gains a day of life.

E.g. I grab fluff-ball, decided I want a thin instead, wait five hours till it's 6 d 19 hours left, and dump it. When it shows up in the AP it'll have 7 days left.

Looks like people with the stripe avatar that changes from from white to red to blue to green (possibly different order tongue.gif) are in need of an avatar-update.

I dropped a few black stripes in AP(since my own egg roster is now full, I can't take anymore, someone might as well benefit.

At the moment the only confirmed parents' pair are White Striped x Black Marrow, White Striped x White Striped, White Striped x Black (both Normal and Alt), White Striped x Black Sweetling (Valentine '10), White Striped x Ember, Green Stripe x Black Marrow, Red Striped x Black.

(Guess all Striped with either Black (Normal and Alt), Ember, Marrow, will breed Black Striped eggs)

My black striped is form Red stripedxBlack Marrow pairing.

Edited by annejeanne

Has it been confirmed that a Dorsal/Striped pairing will pairing will produce a Black Striped?

Love the Black Stripes. :3

ETA: I tried breeding a stripe and a dorsal, but it gave me a dorsal egg.

I don't know. sad.gif

Edited by Stromboli

Thanks! They are Amazing! biggrin.gif

The poor hatchlings/eggs that are being abandoned....I got my sister to adopt 3 off the abandoned page. (All blacks x3) You aren't increasing your chances very much, everyone, if you abandon your hatchlings/eggs b/c it just clogs the AP then no one can get to the new eggs EGGsept on the drops x3

EDIT: Oh yah, and me? I am scroll locked xd.png Until tomorow, anyways 0,o

Edited by poof24784

Love the Black Stripes. :3

ETA: I tried breeding a stripe and a dorsal, but it gave me a dorsal egg.

I don't know. sad.gif

I just tried a few more dorsal x stripe pairs and got... dorsals. :/

Sighhhhhhh waiting for all my hatchies to grow up so I can try for some of the new eggs! Being patient really sucks sometimes. Where did the images of TJ's eggs/hatchies go? I at least wanted to gaze at them longingly.

ETA: I bred some Black Stripes yesterday for the AP since I'm so tightly locked. Hope they all got good homes!

Edited by oddsoxdi

I don't think Dorsals produce a black striped, to be honest. More likely a Purple, if it excisted xd.png

Looking at TJ's hatchies now and is laughing out loud at the first fuzzy ball with over 100k veiws. The stripes seem to only have just around 9k-12k range. The thin shell hatchies are over 100k as well xd.png

Sighhhhhhh waiting for all my hatchies to grow up so I can try for some of the new eggs! Being patient really sucks sometimes. Where did the images of TJ's eggs/hatchies go? I at least wanted to gaze at them longingly.

ETA: I bred some Black Stripes yesterday for the AP since I'm so tightly locked. Hope they all got good homes!

The eggs and hatchies are still there. Sometimes it just takes awhile for them to load.

@PACMANnot - the stripes have less views because they were not posted at first. TJ did not add them to the front page until users had discovered what the "more than meets the eye" was.

Edited by purplehaze

The eggs and hatchies are still there. Sometimes it just takes awhile for them to load.

@PACMANnot - the stripes have less views because they were not posted at first. TJ did not add them to the front page until users had discovered what the "more than meets the eye" was.

I know that, I was just expecting them to have more views maybe 20k or something? It's still funny though *imagining little baby dragons twitching on the floor from sickness* :'D.

Anyone else tried stripes with Electric and eventually got -striped eggs? :/

I tried mine and all I got were other electrics. No stripes so far.

I'm only curious.

Just throwing out my experience, doesn't mean it couldn't work:

My white striped x black resulted in a black dragon, not a black striped. Also, green striped x ember resulted in an ember egg for me. Green striped x green striped ended up in green striped; blue striped x purple dorsal didn't work either, got me another dorsal.

Though my white stripe x marrow gave me a wonderful black striped egg biggrin.gif

Edited by Lolchen

Just throwing out my experience, doesn't mean it couldn't work:

My white striped x black resulted in a black dragon, not a black striped. Also, green striped x ember resulted in an ember egg for me. Green striped x green striped ended up in green striped; blue striped x purple dorsal didn't work either.

Though my white stripe x marrow gave me a wonderful black stripe egg biggrin.gif

Of course, not all breedings are fully succesfull smile.gif

It depends on luck and a good chance of having a striped.

Of course, not all breedings are fully succesfull smile.gif

It depends on luck and a good chance of having a striped.

Alas xd.png

Though I do wonder if it only works with white striped for now. Anyone got a black striped from a coloured striped yet?

4 days and 21 hours, and my eggs will hatch! smile.gif Unfortunately, they're all due to hatch at the exact same time, so I'll have to keep one fogged until I can catch more of them! Love this new release! <3 I can't wait to try for a black stripe! Good luck hunting to those that don't have their new egg limit yet!