WatersMoon110

Freezing Holiday Dragons

What do you do with your Holiday Dragons?  

507 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personaly, I dont freeze eggs; and I understand that what I say has no affect on other cavers but I am going to say it anyway. To me these dragons are more than just pixilations. They are creatures with a story that deserve the chance to live out that story. The people that dont let them do that (I.E. the freezers) seem wrong to me but there isnt anything I can do. Many people probably dont feel as I do and thats fine, but at least I said it.

I'll let my eggie grow... I don't like the idea of freezing hatchie even if certain sprites are just too cute! *_*

Well, I usually collect one adult and freeze one, since they're only one gender (and I tend to collect one adult + one gendered hatchling for each gender of each breed)....but I was away from a computer this year after I picked up my '10 Christmas eggs, so they both grew up.

Edited by FireAngel73

I let all of my holiday dragons grow up except for my yulebuck. because, yulebucks aren't exactly that rare and because i like the hatchling sprite more than the adult. the rest i let them grow up so that i can breed them next year

I let my Christmas dragons grow up and was going to do the same with the Valentine's Day dragons but I found that the hatchlings were so cute that I wanted to freeze one, so now I do. I plan on doing the same this year.

I still let my Christmas dragons grow up, though, since I already started having them mature.

I let all dragons with a limit grow up if they can breed. Maybe I'd freeze a Halloween dragon, but Christmas and Valentine's day, no.

I usually keep an adult and froze an hatchie at 2 stage, as I collect hatchies (what a pity I can't have 1 stage hatchies too, the Valentine 09 is soo cute). Someone says "but you can always see them on the wiki", but for me isn't the same thing as I can't "have" them if I let them grow. Don't kill me, it's just a personal thought.

Personally, I don't want to freeze holiday dragons, because it means that less eggs would be available next holidays.

Even if I want a hatchie sprite badly I'll release one adult, and then breed an egg and freeze it. Frozen CB Holiday is too sad I think D:

And, yeah, 09 Valentine hatchling is sweet...

P.S. Well, Halloween dragons have no limit. So I suppose I'll freeze non-CB onces.

Edited by Neuko

I do freeze hatchies of dragons I know are plentiful. I have never frozen a limited special event dragon, however, as I don't want to limit their breeding potential.

I think every one should be able to do what they like with their dragons, but I don't freeze mine simply because I want to be able to breed them and gift next year. However, I think Hollies are definitely far too rare to ever freeze.

I just collect one of each dragon. I don't freeze anything. I really don't think freezing is a good choice for Christmases, or at the very least for Hollies, but people can do whatever they want.

I've always frozen one of my Holiday dragons and let the other grow up but if I get a second Holly, I plan on letting it grow up. I'm also not sure if I'll freeze one of the new Christmas dragons for this year since we can have rare x rare breeding and I like having rare breeding partners for my metallics. It depends on how "cute" the new Holiday s1/s2 is.

(I voted 'other'.)

I wait and watch TJ's grow up. If I really like the hatchling sprite, I'll freeze one. Otherwise, I let both grow up. The only exception was the '09 Valentine. I love the hatchling sprites, but both of mine are grown up.

What anyone else does with their dragons is up to them, even if it's one I've gifted or dropped.

I let both grow up so I can shower the AP with eggs next year. This will probably change when next Halloween rolls around, since there is no reason to plan around a scroll limit. All of my CB Holidays will become adults though and I'll probably wind up freezing their offspring instead.

This. I have frozen the odd Hallowe'en - but I wouldn't do it for the others. I like to gift/AP the offspring.

Have one adult, and then see, if I really like the hatchling or am not that into the adults, then I'll freeze one.

So I have for the previous holiday dragons, except the Valentines.

If I had had a Holly, I'd also have kept 2 adults. They're gorge. wub.gif

I collect hatchling sprites on all dragons so I do freeze one holiday dragon and keep one adult. The only exception is my holly, I froze a red hatchling instead...Hollys are just too rare for me to justify freezing one and the hatchling sprites are very similar.

This. Well, with the exception of freezing a red instead - I hadn't thought of doing that!

I've started freezing some things for the sprites, but holidays, no. There I feel a responsibility to breed them for the following year.

I don't freeze CB holidays. It's just a waste to me but I will freeze a Yulebuck this year and last year I froze a snowangel. I wish I could have a s2 ribbon dancer but since both of mine are CB and I will not get anymore I didn't freeze them and will not freeze this year's either. (unless I only get one and have to catch one next year.)

I've been agonizing over coming to a decision on this matter for weeks. While I want to have a frozen hatchling of every dragon eventually, I think that the desire to be able to continue breeding is a little bit stronger than that. tongue.gif So I think I'm going to raise all of my holiday dragons to adults, but I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing a while about it.

I'm not interested in freezing any dragons, however I have no problem with anyone else freezing theirs with ONE exception. I REALLY would prefer that people wouldn't freeze hollys since they are SO rare.

I answered "Other" to this because I started my scroll during a Christmas Holiday and didn't know what freezing was until after the Valentine Holiday later that year. So, to be consistent, I've let almost all my holidays grow up and have only frozen one because I liked the sprite better than the adult.

However, I think it's a serious shame that the spriters work so hard to make a complete set of S1 - adult holidays don't get more exposure for their S1 (especially) and S2 work. Personally, I like to make little dragon families with the S1 and S2 sprites, but it's impossible to do with holiday dragons at a limit of 2 (Halloween excepted).

I keep holding out hope that TJ will allow/figure out how to let us have a third Holiday dragon for freezing. I wouldn't even dare ask for a 4th slot for that final extra stage - even having one extra space for freezing only would be wonderful. So, I continue to hope for a change and generally will go ahead and let both dragons grow to adulthood, even though it pains me sometimes.

(and if I had known that first year that I could have frozen a sweet little Yulebuck hatchie - oh baby, would I have!)

Yes, I know I could go ahead and freeze a hatchling and just have the one adult dragon. But after that first year, I kind of became used to the idea of having two adults, and now I don't want to let the pattern go, even though they're both the same gender. I guess I keep wondering if one year, the dragons will be both genders again. And it *is* nice to control where two eggs go, not just one. I imagine all the Holly people with only one egg are faced with tough choices on who to give to. Somehow, two dragons makes it mentally a little easier to face.

Anyway, that's the answer to my "other". I would if I could, but generally, I don't.

Edited by stardust13

freezing a limited dragon is kinda selfish because it makes less ppl get them, but most people don't even put their eggs in the ap