WatersMoon110

Freezing Holiday Dragons

What do you do with your Holiday Dragons?  

507 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DC is pretty much just a way for me to let the perfectionist side of me take over and just go bat-censorkip.gif-freaking crazy.

So I always always always freeze a hatchling. No exceptions.

Besides, I've really liked all the holiday hatchlings so far. =o

I freeze one of my CB holidays because there are so adorable. The only exception to that though would be my Holly Dragon, and it's future son. I'm not freezing Holly's because they're too rare. and I'd advice everyone to do that

Considering how I don't freeze any of my dragons, my holidays are at no risk of being frozen. :P The hatchlings make it so hard to resist sometimes though... they're so adorable. ><

I collect two adults.

however I only go for a 1 CB, then I wait til next year to get a 2nd gen version of that holiday which is related to a terrae for a lineage I'm making.

Since this is my first holiday on DC (well actually Halloween was but I didn't know about the special releases) I have been torn between freezing at S2 or letting both grow up, I adore the sprites and am a collector at heart so when it comes time I will probably freeze one when I see just how cute the hatchlings are. Though for the release this year I plan on only taking one CB and freezing its offspring when breeding comes again.

None of my Valentine or Christmas dragons have been frozen. I do have some frozen Halloween dragons though, but none of them are CB. I don't see me freezing any any Christmas/Valentine dragons unless the limit was changed as I'd feel bad if I couldn't help out with past holiday breeding. But, I really wish I had some frozen hatchlings, like the Yulebuck for example.

I'm starting to wonder if I should release the frozen Yulebuck hatchling I have and catch myself a new adult... I always freeze an S2 Valentine because those hatchlings are asdlfkj;l adorable, but I always like the adult Christmas dragons so much more than the hatchlings that I don't freeze one anymore.

I used to freeze one but as of this year I'm deciding I'd rather have two adults so I released my frozens and grabbed some bred ones happy.gif (Which is rather dumb of me xd.png Since I released my cb adult snow angel last year for a frozen and am now changing my mind again tongue.gif)

I mature them, they are limited editions and I personally feel bad for freezing them

with the exception of the sweetling, the hatchie was just so darn cute I had to freeze one to have the adorable hatchie tongue.gif

My daughter on the other hand, she raises one to adult hood and freezes one

she watches TJ's post to see each stage and the one she likes the best is the one she chooses xd.png

While I love holiday hatchling sprites, I want to be able to breed so more people can get holiday eggs. If only we were allowed more than two...

For holidays limited to 2, I always freeze one. When the limit-of-two thing came out with the Yulebucks, it was the general impression that the number was such so that people could freeze one. I would wish that our number of allowed holiday dragons would increase by one each year we're around, rather than remain static, as both a reward for breeding repeatedly and so that we can collect more without the whole hoarding-the-holidays things. smile.gif

I'm not going to freeze my second Holly, though. Worse comes to worse I can always release one at a later Christmas date after breeding it and freeze the resultant egg's hatchling. Rest assured, I won't do that until they become more common than they are now.

For Halloween specials, I let all of them grow up. Since there's no limit, I catch and freeze two bred ones the following year. Preferably ones from the AP with messy lineages.

Edited by tigerUS

I collect two adults so I can then gift the offspring the next year. I'm not comfortable making the demand that others should not freeze their dragons - they're THEIR dragons and if they want to freeze them and make them unbreedable that's fine with me.

ETA: I do NOT think the limits on Holiday dragons should go up either.

Edited by Ayelldee

I keep one adult and one frozen hatchie of each limited holiday. :3

Edit: But if I hypothetically got two Hollies, I'd keep two adults, male and female.

Edited by Orlageddon

This is my first DC Christmas, so I'm really having a hard time deciding. For all of the non-limited dragon I like to freeze male, female, and ungendered hatchies... I don't like to freeze CB unless it is something non breedable like a cheese.

All of my first Xmas eggs are going to grow up to adults.

I really like the hatchling sprites (xd.png so cute) but I'm thinking I just might have limited breeds raised for breeding.. I'm still not sure.

I've been playing with the idea that if I get 2 CB 2011 Xmas eggs I will raise them both to adult for breeding, and if by next year I really want a frozen hatchling I will breed one to drop holiday eggs then release it into the wild and breed the other and keep one egg....

If Run-on Sentence Forever tongue.gif

I collect two adults so that I can breed them and spread the joy.

If we could have more though, I would love a frozen hatchling as they are very adorable.

I have frozen CB hatchies of a Rosebud and a Ribbon Dancer... and of my 5 Shadow Walkers I froze 3 lol. I also have frozen hatchies of other types of dragons but for SnowAngels.

the thing is that the hatchie sprites are too adorable, besides I want my scroll to be as most complete as possible => have as much sprites as possible. so if I can't have all 3 sprites of a Holiday dragon (s1, s2, adult), I should have at least two.

on the other hand I'm regretting now that I have only one adult Rosebud as I'm participating in a great number of projects that include Rosebud breeding. it's difficult to run them with only one adult Rosebud.

as for SnowAngels - this is the cas when (to my opinion) the adult sprite is far more gorgeous than the hatchling.

this year I'll see. it'll depend on the way the hatchie and adult will look and the dragon's gender. and if I decide to freeze perhaps I will not freeze a CB one - I'll probably gift my second dragon to a person without any and will catch a 2nd gen for freezing next year.

Edit: and if I had a Holly I would never freeze it whatever the lineage is xd.png

Edited by ksew

I only have one adult of every Holiday (except Hollies of course). I really only want one of each breed, but I have a second Yulebuck because I thought of a name for him back in June... As for Halloweens, I have three adult Shadow Walkers, two adult Black Marrows, and one adult Pumpkin. I don't really believe in freezing.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I don't freeze. I collect two CB holiday adults. The holidays are a time of giving IMO.

Since holidays have limited availability, I never freeze them so I can breed them next year and spread the love. smile.gif

I do freeze Halloween dragons because they do not have limits on number. For the ones limited to 2 per scroll I never freeze, because that would reduce the number of breedable adults I have, and I like to share.

It depends on the term 'Holiday Dragons' on rather I choose to freeze one or not. The Christmas Dragons (aside the GoN) are the ones that I opt not to freeze one and as someone pointed out spread the love next year for those who are starting or had the chance to miss out. The only dragon I've yet to obtain myself is a holly, but I'm remaining hopeful that this will be a new year. This also applies with Valentine Dragons too, but Halloween Dragons seeing that there's no limit they are excluded and have one freezing of each dragon. I have a lucky number system where the seventh one is froze, while the others help pass on the same joy that I've felt. Like the tinsels for example, when someone gifted me a tinsel dragon, I'ved decided to continue pass it onto others who have none.

Edited by GokaiPink

I like to have 2 adults. I'll freeze non-cb Halloween dragons, since we can have as many as we can catch.

I don't care if people freeze holiday dragons. Its their dragon and their business, right?

Since holidays have limited availability, I never freeze them so I can breed them next year and spread the love. smile.gif

This. And why would you freeze it? I see why you would do it for a balloon hatchling during Christmas because of what it looks like in it's reindeer costume.