WatersMoon110

Freezing Holiday Dragons

What do you do with your Holiday Dragons?  

507 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always let dragons I can only have 2 of grow. The only exception is the Guardian of nature, I decided to freeze one since they can't breed anyway.

I started thinking of releasing dragons and keeping a hatchling this Christmas since the yulebuck hatchie is so adorable, but I never got to that.. And now seeing how cute the Valentine 09 hatchie is makes me regret a bit, but I guess I just can't let go of my adults. =)

I don't freeze, period. And especially the rare holiday older holiday dragons should neither be bitten, neglected, killed, zombified or frozen, but unfortunately there are no rules against it.

Anyway, I opt for two (or more, re Halloween) adults and will breed them every time their holiday comes around. Although I decided to keep only one Valentine '09 for lineage purposes - I want to have a daughter of mine with a checkerboard lineage, so yeah, waiting for next year - and a kind person to offer me a "perfect" mate.

I always allow my holiday dragons to grow to adults so I can breed them the next year. I don't like freezing dragons (my only exception being the dinos).

I usually have two adults. However, in the case of ribbon dancers, I liked the hatchling sprite a lot more than the adult sprite, so I froze one hatchling. Other than that, I let them grow up so I have a higher chance of being able to breed at least one of them.

When it comes to limited dragons, I don't freeze. I'm not a huge "OMG SCROLL NEEDS TO BE COMPLETE" person, and I like breeding to spread the love. For example, I have two hollies. One of them is 12th gen, but I still let it grow up. Why? So I can breed more for the people who want them next year. :] i'm not against other people freezing, because I know there are people who want complete scrolls, but I personally don't freeze holidays.

I've frozen a hatchling from every holiday dragon. I collect sprites so it was basically a no-brainer for me. I enjoy breeding for others as well, but honestly, there already seems to be a glut of holiday eggs dropped, so I think one breeder per scroll is fine.

One word: never!

And I don't really care if other people freeze them or not.

I personally like breeding them on Holidays and gifting the eggs away to those who don't have any. wink.gif

Edited by earthgirl

I let all of mine grow into adults. I am just not really into freezing dragons. But I don't care a bit what anyone else does -- even if it is one of my bred babies that they freeze.

One frozen and one adult, but if I ever end up getting a holly I'd go for two adults instead because so many people want them.

I just broke my pattern today. With past holidays, I don't feel completely comfortable having two, but I now have a second sweetling egg - it has a lineage I wanted but I already have an adult, so yeah. For CBs, I take two. Would like a second gen 09 as well, but I do love the one I have laugh.gif

I do not freeze, though. Especially limited dragons. But I'm fine with others doing so.

With holidays, I usually freeze one, and have one adult so that I can have both sprites. Only one I haven't done that with at this point is my Yulebucks - still have two adults, because I'm trying to decide whether I'd rather have my Thuwed-Dorkface or my slightly lower-gen one as the adult. Planning to release one after I breed them both next year, though, because I just love those hatchies too much.

Now if I ever manage to get a Holly? Yeah, there I'd go for keeping two adults, so I could spread the joy further.

Sometimes I let the holiday adults grow up but lately I've been letting one grow up and I freeze the other on it's second stage.

When I'd only just started, I wanted to freeze things to have one of every sprite, but by the time my first Christmas rolled around I'd decided I liked adults better. I still freeze common hatchlings, occasionally, but I feel no strong urge to collect the hatchling sprites. Breeding is more fun!

So I keep two adults of every Holiday (more if I can get them for Halloweens) but I don't mind if others freeze.

I don't know if I could stand to freeze a Holly. Also, I don't know if I would breed an inbred Holly, since I don't breed anything inbred. I'll never have a Holly, so it doesn't really matter.

I think there are plenty, and will continue to be plenty, of older Holiday Dragons for new people to get. So I don't have any moral concerns to even wonder about if I should or shouldn't freeze.

I collect One adult and one frozen S2 hatchling. I am trying to get a every sprite I can for my scroll cool.gif

^ This. I try to get every sprite that I can as possible, even if there's a two-per-scroll limit. Seeing as how S2 is the closest a hatchling can get to being an adult, I'll freeze the second dragon at that stage.

In past Holidays I was all for freezing an S2 hatchling and letting an adult grow up, but recently I've gotten into breeding more than collecting...and I regret freezing those hatchlings instead of letting them grow up.

I want to release them, but at the same time I don't. unsure.gif

I normally love the look of the hatchlings so much I have to freeze one

I freeze one and let one grow up, because I love the little guys! From my opinion, I can only breed them once a year, and that's only 1-4 eggs a year, so not much for breeding. Also, for those who think that freezing is cruel and that means they aren't loved, that's far from the truth-I enjoy and name my frozens just as much as the adults. wink.gif

For the X-mas and VDay dragons, I collect both adults. I don't have a dying need to keep all the sprites, and breeding is just too much fun!

For Halloween, though, I collect as many CBs as I can the year they're released, then freeze 1 or 2 bred hatchies the next year.

I collect only adults as I don't freeze any hatchlings/dragons.

I collect two adults so I have extra breeding chances for the next year for any who have missed out. Although am tempted to get a hatchling from this yr - they are pretty cute