WatersMoon110

Freezing Holiday Dragons

What do you do with your Holiday Dragons?  

507 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don´t have a problem with freezing Holiday dragons. I collect one adult and a frozen hatchling, no matter if they are CB or not. smile.gif

Usally i colelct 2 and go on halloween its free for all but i dotn freeze. Chrsitmas 2 of everthnig grown up but 1 holly so i can hold another for trading.

I don't freeze any, but that's because I enjoy breeding them too much. I don't have a problem with others doing it, especially Halloween dragons, though I do think it's wiser to wait a year and freeze bred hatchlings =P Can always find good freezing fodder, can't always get CBs from previous years.

I never freeze anything, so it's two adults for me. As for what other people do - that's really their choice, and no skin off my nose.

hm... I freeze 1 s2 hatchie and 1 adult.

I'm still wondering doing that with my hollies since they are rare :/

The only holiday dragons I have filled are Yulebucks and Snow Angels, and given this two dragon per scroll limit, I want to see them as adults. smile.gif

It's mainly as courtesy to those who gave me the holiday eggs (or the breeder who dropped them on the AP), but I personally love the adult sprites better (although those Valentine-event dragons have adorable hatchings, and snow angels look like white ferrets. c: )

That and I'd like to breed those which weren't given to me in a trade, to spread the eggs to people like me who didn't catch them on the year they were released. 8D

I don't freeze dragons, and I probably never will....even though some hatchies are adorable. :I

The only thing that counts as frozen on my scroll is my leetle tree.

I don't mind people freezing their hatchlings.

But I get sad when I see a beautifully lineaged Holly or original Valentine, that is frozen and can't be bred anymore.

I let mine grow up to breed and spread the joy.

This. And why would you freeze it? I see why you would do it for a balloon hatchling during Christmas because of what it looks like in it's reindeer costume.

You do know it won't stay that way ?

I usually get one adult and one hatchy, but if by some miracle I got a holly, I wouldn't freeze it.

I don't freeze Christmas dragons or Valentines dragons as you can only get two of each. I am trying to get frozens of every other dragon though.

Adult and frozen s2 here - continuing the way my scroll's been since I started it right after the St. Patrick's day crash. And one of these years, when I've finally gotten through my holly gift-list, I'm going to keep one for myself to freeze. Because I'm devilish that way. And because the sprite's cuuuuute! xd.png

I always have collected 1 adult and 1 frozen stage 2 hatchling for all of my Holidays (except Halloween). All of my holidays (excluding halloweens) are CB and grabbed on the day of release or the day after. ^^

I don't care what others do to their dragons. I also might break this trend with Hollies. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how common the become.

I ended up raising all of my holiday dragons (so far) into adults. smile.gif I did consider freezing a hatchling of each breed at one stage, but then decided against it. I figure if a year goes by and I start to regret the decision, I can always release an adult and raise a hatchling to freeze next Christmas. tongue.gif Though I don't think I'll change my mind.

I'm a fan of the hatchling sprites so I freeze most species I collect (I like to have numerous hatchlings on my scroll for each species). So with holidays there is no exception. I always freeze one once it has gendered and I let one grow up.

I tend to play pretty solitary for the most part and I'm on DC on/off at times (my activity fluxiating frequently, so I don't breed to often as it is...). I do enjoy breeding, but I'm not so 'into it' as other users seem to be.

I raise up all my holiday dragons into adults, because I want to have two breedable dragons. I do wish I could have room for a frozen hatchling, because I like the hatchling sprites too, but the limit of two holiday dragons each makes me want to have them both productive. Also I love to check out what happens to my dragons' offspring as it's auto-abandoned so the more I'm able to breed, the more fun it is to me.

I may not have holiday hatchlings of my own on my scroll, but at least I get to see them every year when fansites are filled with the little ones. biggrin.gif

I collect hatchling sprites on all dragons so I do freeze one holiday dragon and keep one adult. The only exception is my holly, I froze a red hatchling instead...Hollys are just too rare for me to justify freezing one and the hatchling sprites are very similar.

I also freeze one holiday hatchie. I wouldn't freeze a Holly if I had one, they are too valuable to freeze (unless it has a very long and inbred lineage but even then I would hesitate)

I try to freeze a holiday once the hatchling genders but as you can see with my yulebucks I don't always get there fast enough. Usually, one adult and one frozen.

As you can only have two I let them grow smile.gif As to what other peeps do that is up to them and their scroll goals

I collect two adults of the Christmas and Valentine dragons. I wish that the limit was increased so we could have two adults and freeze one at s1 and another at s2. I'd never freeze dragons that we could only have two of. But some of those hatchies are SO cute. I did freeze a very inbred Black Marrow, and I also froze a vamp.

Edited by Classycal

I have one adult and a frozen hatchling (S2 all so far), but this year it's really hard to decide which stage to freeze (I probably do S1), so an increase to three keepable holidays would really be nice...^^

In the past, I've always let one grow to adult and frozen the other. Now that I'm getting more into building lineages, though, I'm finding more and more often that I really want that second CB adult... So this year I plan to let both mine grow to adulthood. :3