WatersMoon110

Freezing Holiday Dragons

What do you do with your Holiday Dragons?  

507 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I caught my first two holiday dragons, which were Snow Angels, and still being fairly new to the cave, when I found both became girls, I almost thought of freezing the second one. I left the second one to mature though, in the end.

Now, with the exception of maybe the Halloween dragons in the future, I have a pair of all the Christmas and Valentine dragons I could get my hands on, and have been letting them all become adults. That way, when it's that time again, I'll be sure to spread the cheer to others.

Edited by Kamoodle

I personally freeze one and let the other grow. You could argue that I don't pass on as many holidays that way, but they usually breed in multiples and I hardly ever breed mine anyways. If I did I would end up dumping them straight into the AP (seeing as I am at the limit and can't hold them for more than an hour) and I don't like adding to that madness.

It's up to each individual person what they do with their dragons, holiday or otherwise. I'll freeze one and keep one, other people will let both grow. Whatever the case is, neither way is "wrong", it's just how that person wants to collect dragons.

I freeze one hatchie (gendered) and let one of them grew up. That`s how I collect my dragons.

I let one grow and freeze the other, with the sole exception of my holly -- if I get another, or an offspring from mine, I'll be letting it grow up.

My preference is to freeze one and keep the other.

But... since Dragcave is a social game and there are a lot of benefits of trading, I'll probably keep both from now on. Plus, it's nice to be able to give back.

I enjoy breeding and releasing far too much to freeze mine, but it's up to anyone what they want to do with their scrolls.

I let both grow up. I don't like having only one of something, so freezing one will mean that I will have two things that only have one, so it would really bug me.

I let both of mine grow up, because i think they look prettier in stereo tongue.gif

But i really do understand the people that freeze one -- this years valentine hatchies look especially pretty!

I always let both grow up, yet I can easily understand why other people freeze one. Vals '09 and '11 are gorgeous! But then again, I prefer being able to breed both when the time comes, especially if they're CB.

If I really am in love with the hatchling, I freeze one regardless of the breed limit.

I wasn't a huge fan of the last two years' Christmas hatchlings compared to the adults, so I let mine all grow. The Valentines are always so adorable though... I plan on freezing one of mine at S2.

It depends. I usually freeze one as an S2. I've frozen a Yulebuck, Sweetling, and 09' Valentine as S2s. When I came back from quitting, I found an S1 Snow Angel on the AP and kept and froze it. I realize now that it was probably a trade. The hatchling never gendered so I have a little "ferret" now and I'm quite fond of it. I didn't freeze one of the 10' Christmases and I won't be freezing one of this year's valentines if I keep them. I freeze the Halloween dragons since there's plenty of them. I only have a frozen pumpkin though, since I let all the CB marrows grow up. As for Hollies, I won't be freezing one. I like the hatchlings, but they're so similar to the reds, that I don't see a reason for me to. i will still be hunting for that second gen with a magi parent though...I'll need it to continue a personal lineage.

I let both grow up so I can shower the AP with eggs next year. This will probably change when next Halloween rolls around, since there is no reason to plan around a scroll limit. All of my CB Holidays will become adults though and I'll probably wind up freezing their offspring instead.

I let both grow up. I could never freeze my hatchlings. sad.gif Sometimes i don't understand other people, who freeze their hatchlings (especially Holly eggs)

It depends really, sometimes I freeze one of my hatchlings(like my Sweetling) but most of the time I let both grow up.

I would never freeze a CB holiday. I'm not even frreezing 2nd gens. I think its a shame removing them from the breeding pool and always feel sorry if I see, eg, a frozen alt sweetling or such. Mine are there to breed and spread

As much as I'd love to have frozen holiday hatchlings, I won't freeze them because of the limit. :( I'd rather have the adults to breed.

I think if a dragon is very rare and sought after, like a holly, letting your two grow to adulthood and breeding them is the kindest thing you can do for the community. However, no one is obligated to be kind and generous. And you can still gift eggs if you have just one adult. If someone really enjoys collecting frozen hatchies of each breed, then that's how they play, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you abandon an egg to the AP, you relinquish control over it and have no say in what happens to it.

When we finally get teleport, if someone doesn't want their bred holiday / prize dragon egg getting frozen as a hatchie, they don't need to drop to the AP. They can teleport to a trusted person who won't freeze it. But if they decide to drop to the AP, they shouldn't complain if it gets frozen.

Having said that, if someone vamped / killed / zombified / neglected a holly or prize dragon egg they found on the AP, that would just be incredibly selfish and a huge waste. The rules allow it, but that doesn't mean one should do it.

This is all an academic discussion for me, since I don't collect holiday eggs at all. Don't want to bother if I can only have two. Can't build any kind of pretty lineage with them without massive trading or waiting for the holiday to roll around once a year.

I collect adults and frozen hatchlings. With the Halloween ones, I'm getting frozen hatchlings in both stages.

However, for Hollies... I'm not gonna freeze one, there needs to be more to breed, so 2 adults on that one for me (eventually)

I've let all my Christmas dragons grow up, but the Valentine dragons I have one adult and one frozen S2 hatchling of. I don't quite remember why I ended up with this pattern xd.png I intend to collect frozen hatchlings of the Halloween dragons too this year.

I always have one Adult one frozen S2. Its what i do. But it was weird b/c u could get two of the 08' dragons so i got four and froze two

I let both of mine grow up to adulthood. That way I can breed 3rd gen commons with two matching holiday grandparents and do various other breedings.

Some of the hatchlings are so adorable that it's hard to let them go, though. It's going to be tough not to freeze one of the new Valentine dragons.

I used to get my limit of two eggs, and freeze one for my hatchling collection, but then I decided that two adults is better than one. So to me, Holiday dragons are a special sort that just don't get frozen, period. Unless they're like the Black Marrows and Pumpkins. In that case I do freeze the ones I need for my hatchie collection.

As much as I'd like to have those adorable Valentine and Christmas hatchies on my scroll, I always let them grow up so I can breed them. I feel fortunate to have caught them, so I like to share my good fortune as much as I can by helping out people who missed them the first time around. smile.gif

I've let all my Christmas dragons grow up, but the Valentine dragons I have one adult and one frozen S2 hatchling of. I don't quite remember why I ended up with this pattern xd.png I intend to collect frozen hatchlings of the Halloween dragons too this year.

That's what I've decided to do as well. Christmas is more for giving to me than Valentine's Day is so I want to be able to produce as many of those per year as possible. But the V Day hatchies are just too cute not to freeze. biggrin.gif

Well, for the christmas dragons I only got 1 each (except 2010). To breed myself a hatchling next year smile.gif

But as for the valentines since it is my first, I have decided to have one adult and one frozen Matured hatchling