RheaZen

Rhea's Art

Shaj - Wow! I don't really know what to say 0w0 Are you using a base?

I don't really have anything to crit since you say you're still working on it, so...

Xbc - The forelimbs are a bit noodley, especially the one closest to us, and the hind legs are a little overly long. So's the frontmost foreleg, for that matter.

I used a base it is easier to make pixle work (for me) when I can make the lines from the picture (In photoshop I use the crayon tool and follow the lines), after that I delete the base and try to make the lines more clear and start to colour.

Shure, I don´t draw it by myself and the character is from blizzard but I used it for practice pixel work and I don´t had the time to draw an picture by myself (I was at work when I did this, I had much time) xd.png .

Draenei

Edit: If you don`t know the game, it`s called World of Warcraft and here is a picture of the orginal character:

Pic

Edited by Shajana

Look at that green dragon I posted. See how there's some shadow below the wing arm that's cast onto the membrane?

(Also, the things on its head are horns, or ears?)

err no??

Lawl. If the fact that the legs are noodly and long is the only thing, then I'm doing pretty goshdarn good xd.png

Ooh, WOW, neat. That game has a lot of neat designs. I don't play m'self, but after reading so many gaming webcomics and such I know some stuff about it. I can't say much on the sprite, so keep up the good work smile.gif

Sandface, look closely. Also, ears or horns?

I feel like you're getting frustrated (well, judging from your use of punctuation - it's a bit hard to tell in text). I can circle and redline stuff come the weekend if you want to take a break and try another sprite. Getting hung up on one thing can be bad - try something else and go back to the first thing later?

Im looking..actually been staring ..and cannot see any shading where your mentioning...

btw their ears.. It's a weird sprite i know..lol but i wanted it to be a snakey creature with ears like my dog tongue.gif

this is the only shading i see :

user posted image

Hrrr?

user posted image

Changed the colors a lot to make it stand out more, de-noodled the legs and shrunk them a bit. I hope~

Sand: Hrr... just try adding a bit of shading on the membrane next to the wing arm, see if that works. If they're ears, you'll probably want to make the insides pink or some other color rather than blue.

Xbc: The orientation of the hind leg is a bit odd. Try making it so that the thigh is longer than the calf, and change the position so that we see the top of the thigh more. The front leg still seems a tad long and noodly; shorten the radius/ulna part by a pixel and make the paws smaller.

Getting hung up on one thing can be bad - try something else and go back to the first thing later?

lol exactly why I haven't been messing with my sprite for a while. I was getting quite frustrated with it so I decided to take a break and try to just do some sketches and get a little better at my anatomy. happy.gif

Plus I seen you were getting pretty busy with so many people posting here, I figured I would try to give you a bit of a break also. tongue.gif

I'm not seeing the shading, Sand. Also, go for a less saturated pink - it's a bit bright and unnatural looking right now.

tiki, don't feel worried about me being too busy. I'm pretty much addicted to the forums, so at the very least I'm doing something constructive in this thread.

wonton - Hm... Make the frill stop a little bit more before the tail, so that it doesn't look like it's attached to the tail fin. Also, I keep seeing these scattered pink artifacts in the underbelly - on purpose? What for? Overall not bad.

Nonono Sand, desaturate! Less saturated! And I don't really see the shading there, sorry. It's supposed to be on the membrane as well.

Eh, but they make it look odd and lumpy. As for the hind legs, make them more in this position: user posted image

wonton - Hm... Make the frill stop a little bit more before the tail, so that it doesn't look like it's attached to the tail fin. Also, I keep seeing these scattered pink artifacts in the underbelly - on purpose? What for? Overall not bad.

Nonono Sand, desaturate! Less saturated! And I don't really see the shading there, sorry. It's supposed to be on the membrane as well.

earlier you told me not to shade the membrane mellow.gif

So I kind of feel like I'm never going to finish this. I've been avoiding it for too long so I tried to fix it up some more today but it just gave me nothing but problems.

I think I'm just going to open it up to edits in my thread and hope someone else can fix it because me doing it is plain useless.

user posted image

user posted image

How's this? The pink things are just supposed to be some kind of color pattern.

Cyda - I'm going to be getting around to PS today (weekend yay!), so may I redline it?

tiki, do you want me to redline as well?

wonton, that looks better, though don't get rid of the tapering of the frill - right now it looks cut off. Unless you're dissatisfied with something specific, that sprite's pretty close to done.

(I find it easier to crit when I'm redlining - I can find problems more specifically and point them out more easily.)

You can redline but you don't have to if you don't want to.