RheaZen

Rhea's Art

np Mew.

Just a little, wonton. but only if you want it to be more bendy. What's this sprite for?

It's for my concept, link in my sig. I forgot it was supposed to be flexible.

Hm... well, you could make the S2 sort of S-shaped, but for this one it's a bit short to work with. It might help if it weren't all a straight-on side view - if the body twisted to show the ventral or dorsal side more.

Sand - Increase your contrast a LOT. Otherwise I can hardly see where you've shaded. Don't use so many colors yet - go with maybe 2-3 shadow colors and 2-3 highlights for now.

Edited by RheaZen

this any better? the blue surrounded in black with OR above it means its original...its the original color i used before shading

user posted image

Edited by Sandface

wonton - No, that's good! For the lower half of the tail, show more of the dorsal side.

Sand - Hm. I like how you put some shadow cast by the body onto the tail behind it, but there shouldn't be a highlight on the body right where the wing membrane is. On the lower curve of the body, where you have a lot of shadow - there should also be highlights. There should be a wee bit of shadow on the lower part of the chest. You can try sophisticating your shading now, adding more intermediate colors (though I suggest using a stronger highlight as well).

Make the highlights a bit lighter, and don't forget what I said about the body shading near the wing membrane - there shouldn't be a highlight there. Also, try shading the wing. But it's quite good, keep up the good work.

Better, better. You're still forgetting the part about no highlight where the membrane meets the body. Also, try referencing some Completed List dragons for wing membrane shading. Hint: the shadows fall under the fingers and the highlights are on the membrane as it cups upward above the fingers.

Try introducing musculature, again using other dragons for reference.

Better, better. You're still forgetting the part about no highlight where the membrane meets the body. Also, try referencing some Completed List dragons for wing membrane shading. Hint: the shadows fall under the fingers and the highlights are on the membrane as it cups upward above the fingers.

Try introducing musculature, again using other dragons for reference.

can you red line what you mean? i cant figure out what your trying to say..

Currently during a PS dry spell, lemme get you some examples instead (learn by example! And practice, of course).

Neck muscles user posted image vs. user posted image

Example wing shading (see where the shadows and highlights fall on the membrane?): user posted image

Yes, that's getting the hang of it. However, don't be too consistent - adjust for where the light will fall. For example, the elbow-bit of membrane, the shadow wouldn't all be right by the finger - it'd be under the wing-arm as well. The neck muscle attempt isn't quite right - just use a black line for now. It has to come down from behind the head to the front of the chest. Look up anatomy pictures on the web for reference.

Look at that green dragon I posted. See how there's some shadow below the wing arm that's cast onto the membrane?

(Also, the things on its head are horns, or ears?)

Got it, thank you. I'll make another sprite using your tips and see if it is any better.

Here is, I think, the best sprite I've made:

user posted image

Can I have some crit on it? I have noticed myself that the light source doesnt seem quite right...

Wow, very pretty! But yes, the light source is a bit confusing. It's supposed to be the top left, yes? The wings should reflect this more, with the wing closest to us being darker on the underside (the portion visible to us, for the most part). There's a bit of overdithering on the chest muscle and some lines that need to be smoothed out (the bottom of the base of the tail, for one). The wings, while very interesting-looking, lack a feathery feel and seem more metallic than anything else.

I can give more detailed advice if you tell me some specifics about your intentions with this sprite.

What do you think about this (it`s not finished yet), I thought I try to practice spriting more.

user posted image

Edited by Shajana

New project~

user posted image

For the Phosphotic dragon in DR <3

...Leetle fat to me. Will fix. Anything else?

[EDIT] He went on a diet |D

user posted image

Edited by Xbcdrt8741