RheaZen

Rhea's Art

The foreleg is still bugging me >x> I hate to keep bugging you about it and I would redline but we'd have to wait until the weekend. The wrist is still too acutely bent...

Mmmmm.... I'm a little happier with the legs (although I might mess with the front leg a bit more) but the tail still bugs me. There's not much I can do with the limited amount of space...

user posted image

Also, how are the wings?

's why I think that shrinking the sprite might help a bit. The wings are good, though the legs still look a bit odd (though you say you'll be messing with em, so eh). Keep tweaking away~

Hmm, I'll see what I can do.

Does the body look any smaller/better?

user posted image

Edited by tikigurl91

Not really, it still looks rather large. And Sock is right, some of it's the proportions... hrm. Could you wait until Friday for redlines/a sketch?

Yeah sure. I spent all night trying to fix it last night and ended up with this...

user posted image

I tried placing it next to the female for comparison and I just... don't know how to fix it.

So I'll just check back here in a few days for the redlines. Thanks Rhea.

You really are epicawesome. xd.png

Edited by tikigurl91

tiki - Hm... Legs forward? That's not the best example, but should give you an idea.

Mud - Use an existing dragon egg with simple shading (ex. fog, pebble) and base your egg's shading around that for a more realistic look.

Strom - May I see the sketch for the first one? As for the second, that's Alu's, isn't it? The head is a bit large and the foremost feather looks a bit strange. There's also a strange line on the chest. Otherwise it looks okay.

thanks! hows this look?

user posted image

Better, though I'd work on the shading of the leaves - increase their contrast or something like that. Right now I can't really see any shading on them at all.

I should be able to do some redlines later today, for those who wanted them.

Here's my latest try at that paw.

user posted image

Feel free to redline xP

And a question. Is that forepaw the only problem? Or are there other things I can work on?

Oops, haha, I actually just got done with my edits of your previous one...

user posted image

Shortened the neck so it would match the adult more, tried to more meat to the butt, added some detail to the feet... I feel I might have made the neck a bit too short. What do you think? :>

tiki, I'm working on yours right now.

Edited by RheaZen

See? You find new stuff when you click links in signatures. I've got a couple of sprites I've done just for the heck of it, and critique sounds nice. :3

Gonna start with my first and favorite.

user posted image

Edit: Typo. Meant when, not hen.

Edited by Dark Moon

user posted image

Better?

DM... hm...

Egg: The straight divide between the two colors looks unnatural. It should follow the egg's curvature. Also, the contrast is too low. Contrast is a bit of a problem in all the sprites, really, but there are anatomy issues you should focus on before trying shading. Also, from what I can tell, you're pillow shading - highlighting the centers and shading the outlines. This is a bad thing to do.

Hatchlings: the forelimbs are too large (in the bicep area) the hind legs look ike they're missing a section. Reference your own leg. You have a thigh>knee>calf>ankle>foot thing going on. The hatchies appear to have no knee/calf. The wings also lack proper anatomy (see my OP for the picture of wings).

Adults: They lack a chest, there are several straight-line areas that need to be fixed, the wings lack proper anatomy and are stuck on rather oddly. I suggest starting with just the outlines and adding in colors later, as otherwise you're going to have to do a lot of extra work.

tikiiiiiiii~ user posted image

*huggles*

Thank you! It looks great. happy.gif

Now to fit that tail in somewhere. xd.png

Edit::

OK so I did about a thousand tail positions and this is the best I could do:

user posted image

Also added the back wing and horns.

Edited by tikigurl91

Haha yeah the tail's a pain.

A little something I've been working on for fun. I've never worked on anything larger than 100x100, so this is >__>

user posted image

Oh! That's awesome. biggrin.gif

Is it supposed to only have one horn or did you just not draw it yet?

Oh and are there any more crits for my sprite?

If not then I hope you don't mind if I ask for help with the hatchies. unsure.gif

:3

I haven't given him his second horn and ear yet.

I don't have any more crit, though I'm certainly not the end-all and be-all, so feel free to ask for additional crit elsewhere (I encourage it :3) I'd be happy to help with the hatchies! (Lotta "H"s there.)

Yeah I'll do that. I'm going to work soon so I'll bug you later tonight for help. wink.gif

The fur is killing me, and I will kill it :|

I don't even want to think about having to finish the tail...

user posted image

Also, the pencil is one that I have.

user posted image