RheaZen

Rhea's Art

Bring on the headaches! xd.png

I've started the male. Not too sure what to do with the wings yet.

user posted image

Note: It's supposed to be flying (or just about to land), which is why the feet aren't on the ground.

seal - It looks fine except for the rather unnaturally straight cracking of the first 3 eggs of the sequence. Add a few cracks going off to the side at the very least.

Sand - Suit yourself :|

tiki - Hmm. You might want to make the sprite smaller if it's going to be in a pose like a landing pose - more room to work with. Though honestly I'm more used to using a sketched base, so I'm not too sure. Still, lessee... I'd have the legs tucked up a little more, and the tail's position is just odd. It would probably be below the dragon, trailing behind as the dragon comes in to land.

Ooch, the anatomy is not. Sprite from scratch it is.

In that case a wing pose similar to the female's would work best, as well as a similar tail position. However, they might be too similar... hm. Naw, it should be okay. Anyways, you seem to be on the right track, keep going.

Yeah, I had them side by side and I thought they looked a little too similar but I think it should be fine. *shrug*

Edit:: How do the wings look so far? Acceptable? Bad? Horrible? tongue.gif

user posted image

Edited by tikigurl91

Those legs huuuuurt. xP

user posted image

I think the body between the legs looks weird now. But it doesn't want to be fixed. So.

tiki - The wings aren't bad, though the membrane shouldn't look like one straight line. There should be different curves between the fingers based on our viewing angle and the tension in the membrane.

Xbc - Not bad. I still think the front paws could use a slimming (to they look like the hind feet in relative size), and you could ad a teeny bit to the butt so there isn't such a straight line in that area. I would also give it a tummy tuck and add a pixel or two of thickness to the back. Also, get rid of the shoulder line for the foreleg - it looks strange.

Any helpful pointers on this?

user posted image

It is going to be a fakemon by the way, no it will not be that color, and yes I am adding more details soon. Thanks smile.gif

rabbit, I would thicken the neck. I can't really say much more because I'm not a poke-spriter. Try the sprite practice thread?

Xbc - Ooh, pretty adult. For the adult, my only problems are with the tail and the far foreleg. The tail... it's a bit hard to tell what's going on. Shading will probably help with that, though. The far foreleg's wrist-line is a bit too pronounced and makes the hand look like it's about the get cut off or something of the sort. And on second thought, the frontmost hind leg looks like it has a blister on it - you might want to experiment with musculature when you start to shade lest it remain looking blistered.

For the hatchie, the wrist is bent at too sharp of an angle - make it less acute. Compared to the adult, the elbow starts too low on the foreleg, so bring it up a notch (that might also help with the length of that leg and its slight noodleyness).

Edited by RheaZen

Not my adult - though I will relay your comments to the thread. olol

Kay then n_n

When I stop procrastinating, I'll... too much work to finish that sentence. Use it as you must. xP

Oh but you most certainly are epicawesome for putting up with all of my n00b spriting questions. xd.png

:#

What do you guys think about me putting some of my stuff in this thread? I don't really feel like making a separate thread.

Not too sure what you mean but it's your thread, do what you want with it. tongue.gif

Also, I tried to fix the wings... any better?

Without tail: user posted image With tail backwards: user posted image With tail forwards: user posted image

Oh and I'm having a bit of a problem with the legs and tail. I just can't seem to find a place to put the tail without it looking awkward or just...weird with the way the legs are now and I can't find a place to put the legs without it looking like it's walking...

Hey thar Rhea.

I need some spriteline help.

user posted image

I feel like something is just not working with this, and I don't know what. It was from my own sketch, so there's probably some anatomy issue somewhere that I'm not picking out. :P

user posted image I'm a little more confident on this one, but could still use some crit. Particularly on the tail

tiki - Hm... Legs forward? That's not the best example, but should give you an idea.

Mud - Use an existing dragon egg with simple shading (ex. fog, pebble) and base your egg's shading around that for a more realistic look.

Strom - May I see the sketch for the first one? As for the second, that's Alu's, isn't it? The head is a bit large and the foremost feather looks a bit strange. There's also a strange line on the chest. Otherwise it looks okay.

Lessee... it's the wings I'm most concerned about, as it doesn't seem to have the final part of the wingarm-hand-finger(s) sequence (see my OP). If the topmost line was meant to be the wing finger, then, well, it wouldn't work - the membrane wouldn't be able to stretch out to allow the dragon to fly. The thighs are a bit large, I would give the foreleg more of a distinct shoulder. As for the tail, it starts out rather thick which makes the taper look rather drastic, so try starting it out a bit thinner (but only by a little bit). The former position it had was a bit better, though I suggest making it look like the end is lying on the ground rather than having most of the tail up in the air.