RheaZen

Rhea's Art

tiki - Okay, now that you're doing the hand thing, get up and act like a raptor. Stand on your toes, snap at people, try picking things up with your fingers stuck together so it's like you only have three fingers... (I totally swear this will help you artistically and is not for my own amusement. Cross my heart.)

saph - Sounds good.

lol... I tried...

user posted image

OK, I'll try that now. Although you may not see me for a while because I'll probably be sent to a mental institute if my family sees me doing that. xd.png

Hrm, that looks like it could work. I'm not really fond of the head-tilt, and you'll need to work on the legs still, but it's getting there.

No? I rather liked the head tilted up. I thought it looked too plain with the head just straight forward.

I might be able to find something that looks a little better.

Darn legs.... *mumbles*

I've been staring at millions of pictures of dragons all day and I just can't get them to work. dry.gif

snip

Sand - Besides tiki's sprite, here are a few more examples.

user posted imageuser posted image

You should take a look at the Completed List, it's very helpful.

snip

like this???

user posted image

Edited by Sandface

Rhea may you can help me a bit with this sprite

user posted image

I know there are many mistakes...

edit: Oh my english xd.png

Edited by Shajana

I was gone for ONE DAY and all this happens? xd.png Oh, and call me Xbc. Everyone does.

Haha. The original hatchie, the wings I sprited/shaded, and the lines for the s2 are along the bottom, as well as having the shades I used. Now that I look at it, I see quite a few mistakes but I think I'd like some advice before screwing with it. xP

Use these as hatchies, s1 and s2, as well as the wings. They have the original lines and the colored and shaded version~

user posted image

Okay, so flat color and shading is next, right?

user posted imageuser posted image

And my biggest weakness comes out. I can't shade. rolleyes.gif Any advice? I tried using other sprites and pictures as references, but this can't even be close to right.

(Let me know if I get too annoying, I don't want to be a pain!)

D: So many people.

Sha, it's a little hard to see what's going on with the spikes and all in the way. Could you provide just the base of the dragon, so that we can focus on anatomy first?

Sand - A bit, though for it to fly, the wings would have to be bigger. Try expanding them in size?

Xbc - Let's start with just the outline. Anatomy - the front leg shoulders seem to be on the chest, they should be on the, well, shoulder of the dragon. The wing and wing membrane are positioned oddly and appear to connect down to the belly of the dragon... just, let's start with the lines only.

Mew - First, identify your light source. Let's just start out by having you put a marker - a pixel or group of pixels somewhere indicating where the lightsource is.

saph - I can't really see a difference? On the far hind leg, have it so that the... hm, how to put it... have it so that the far hind leg is sort of kicking up a little. Most of the leg will end up hidden by the body of the dragon.

The orginal picture is here:

Male

I have to make a sprite from it, I don`t have much problems to colour it but first I have to make the basic lines and with that I have my problems.

I have a new attempt at the forelegs/wings issue. I didn't do anything to the back, though, because I was wondering if you had anything extra to tell me about the back legs and tail.

user posted image

[EDIT] Hrr?

user posted image

I grew bored pretty soon and redid the back legs and tail, as well as adding a defined shoulder. Look at the bottom one, the top is the one I posted above ^^;

Edited by Xbcdrt8741

Sand - A bit, though for it to fly, the wings would have to be bigger. Try expanding them in size?

snippity snip

user posted image

hmmm? i made them bigger..can my snakey fly noww?? tongue.gif

Shaj - Try to make a sprite w/o all the spikes and such first.

Mew - Alright then. I'm not really used to pokemon-style spriting, but your first shading attempt wasn't bad. Try shading it again now, keeping careful track of the lightsource.

Xbc - Can you just show me one sprite at a time? Please?

Sand - No, biggerrrrrrr. Your wings do look cute on it, though, so if you're honestly tired of tweaking we can just roll with that.

er well I like the size its at..maybe as I smooth the edges..it'l make it look better?

so yeah lets roll with it biggrin.gif

how do you get rid of the white background on the sprite?

Okay then. Get rid of the "pinky" and attach the membrane to the body, and yeah smooth things out.

You'll have to set the background to transparent and then delete all the white stuff. Or try iaza.com.

Edited by RheaZen

@Leodoug You have to start on a transparent background. (photoshop only) if white on photoshop then use the magic erase tool and click on the white. if ur background on photoshop is already transparent..just save as .PNG and it'll show the transparent background. I dont think you can remove white on MS Paint. Gimp you can start on transparent also and erase white.

@Rhea what do you mean by pinky? and can you redline it pleeeease?? biggrin.gif

Edited by Sandface

Nu Sand, you must do it yourself to improve :>

Also, I've been experimenting with some browser stuff and my computer is being derpful, so, sorry.

By "pinky" I refer to the wing "finger" closest to the body. Take a look at your hand for reference.