RheaZen

Rhea's Art

Cyda - I'm going to be getting around to PS today (weekend yay!), so may I redline it?

tiki, do you want me to redline as well?

wonton, that looks better, though don't get rid of the tapering of the frill - right now it looks cut off. Unless you're dissatisfied with something specific, that sprite's pretty close to done.

(I find it easier to crit when I'm redlining - I can find problems more specifically and point them out more easily.)

Shur thing, Rhea. :3

Eh, I did? I don't remember that. Well, do so now.

i've done so.

user posted image

Cracking open PS now. Sand, I still don't see any shading in that area... but the ears are better ^^

user posted image

Cyda - I repositioned the tail slightly and made the head smaller. See how it was about as long as the leg? I also redlined some tail kinks/inconsistencies, worked on the claws a bit (ex. foremost hind leg, we would see the back of the paw so the claws would be visible like such). I also got rid of the leg line, as it looked awkward (especially from such an angle). Also,you've got it saved as a JPG - that's bad :| It needs to be in GIF or PNG format. And it needs to be cleaned up, there are a lot of random artifacts in the background.

user posted image

tiki - I changed the head size and shape a tad and added an eye socket for you, thickened the neck and made a few redlines (mostly to the lines I'd made earlier, ehe, sorry ^^wink.gif.

user posted image

Sand - This is not a sprite :| Look at the color count. Off the charts! Sprites should have a minimal color count - that's why you have a palette, after all. Use the Pencil tool and not the Brush tool, and do all shading by hand rather than using a Burn or Dodge tool. I've circled problem areas and showed some example shading.

wonton - May I see the original base/sketch?

Thanks Rhea. smile.gif

So you would say that most of it is pretty good and I can start on the male?

Yeah, I suppose, though you'll want to stick it in your concept thread for more crits. You can never get enough crit.

Well I never got any crits on her in the first place, which is why I came here, but I suppose it couldn't hurt. tongue.gif

(This might sound sorta mean, but) I've noticed that sprites that are close to being done get more crit, as opposed to almost-done sprites or really rough sprites. For the former, people simply don't have as much to say; for the latter, people don't know where to start.

user posted image

Sand - This is not a sprite :| Look at the color count. Off the charts! Sprites should have a minimal color count - that's why you have a palette, after all. Use the Pencil tool and not the Brush tool, and do all shading by hand rather than using a Burn or Dodge tool. I've circled problem areas and showed some example shading.

I didnt use brush or burn or dodge tool :/

So i should basically just start the coloring over? dry.gif

Edited by Sandface

(This might sound sorta mean, but) I've noticed that sprites that are close to being done get more crit, as opposed to almost-done sprites or really rough sprites. For the former, people simply don't have as much to say; for the latter, people don't know where to start.

Yeah that may be true but if the sprite is really bad, it would be nice if someone at least said something. I'm fine with someone saying my sprite sucks, because I'm totally new at this and I would probably agree. xd.png

Yes, Sand, start over. (Also, what did you do, in that case?)

why didn't you just say that in the first place ... mellow.gif

Gradient

Edited by Sandface

I start to shade my work but I still have to fix some lines (like the hair). But I can see my mistakes better on such a big sprite when I start with the colour. I have to change some colours from the shades, they don`t look very good on some places, may you have some tips for me rhea? smile.gif

user posted image

I, uh, sorry, but I can't understand you very well... do you only want help on colors right now?

Oh! Well, it's quite good currently. The only major problem I see is a little over-emphasis of the shadow cast by the clothing onto her right (our left) thigh. There's too much shadow there.

Are you going to have her holding a glowing ball? You might have to adjust your lightsource if you will do so.

im thinking of just giving up :/

theres no use in doing it if i dont know what to do and have to keep redoing it over and over...

Yes, I want to make an glowing ball. Ok I have to work more on the shades and I try to note what you told me, thank you! wink.gif

Try something new, Sand? No need to get stuck in the mud. Shading is hard! You'll just need to practice.

np Shaj ^^

Edited by RheaZen

I don't know how to do anything..so if i just did another..i'd censorkip.gif that one up too.

Edited by Sandface