TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

-sighs-

I dunno, I'm not trying to be the 'sore loser' in this, but it kinda is disheartening a little. The contest is cool and all, but at the same time it's kinda a headache causer.

I am an incredibly competitive person, and losing anything kinda grinds me the wrong way. The fact that HM could get a FRILL dragon, which I only have one frozen ungendered hatchling of, made me even more determined.

I can see a few people rage quitting dragcave over this contest. Like 'Ugh, I DIDN'T WIN, F**** dragcave, I'm NEVER going on again *rage rage rage*'

I'm of course not, since I'm obviously still here, but it could possibly happen.

And TJ will shrug his shoulders because he knows they'll be quickly replaced and then some. And he won't give half a whit about any whiny little children that rage-flip out and leave.

I've been here since Feb, 2009 and the site has at the very least tripled in that time. Imagine how many people will be here even by December.

-sighs- I would like to see the eggs at least, please. I'm curious as to what they all look like.

In one week (3 days egg growth and three days hatchling growth, maybe with influence), I would like at least one chance at a prize dragon from a winner. If the only difference is color of gold, silver, and bronze, I may not try to collect and just spazz-breed my own for people. If there are variations in shape and detail, then I must collect, because I'm fixated like that.

Well, let's get on with ravenously waiting for pictures. happy.gif

I didn't really expect to win, but... *sigh* Guess I really didn't have a chance. xd.png Creativity isn't exactly my strong point. wink.gif

Maybe a snowflake-making contest? Like this? I dunno... Just throwing ideas out there. Though Gingerbread House Decorating next year would be epic! biggrin.gif I bow to you awesome person who thought of this idea! *bows*

I really share your opinion, rayemoon.

How can someone be so frustrated because of one competition? It's just a GAME!

It really makes me feel sad. sad.gif

I really share your opinion, rayemoon.

How can someone be so frustrated because of one competition? It's just a GAME!

It really makes me feel sad. sad.gif

Competitive people always feel frustrated after a competition where they lose. If you put time and effort into your entry, you feel like it wasn't your entry that was judged, but you. It's an emotional reaction. Most people will be grumpy for a week or maybe a month, and then it'll be water under the bridge.

Don't get too bent out of shape about it; the best thing to do is just ignore it.

And I won....dust. Heh, like that's a surprise tongue.gif

It'd be nice if TJ could give us a link of all the winning trees...not necessarily who they belong to but it'd be nice to see the trees.

Six messages, nothing DC-related. Although I forget which e-mail I put my DC account on. I'm pretty sure it was my main one...

Send an email to yourself from here. That's what I did.

Nothing for me. And I wasn't surprised at all xd.png.

Congrats to the winners! And I really need to see those trees and dragons xd.png

I really want to see the new dragons, but we all have to wait until every winner answered the Mail. smile.gif

Edited by Shajana

I really want to see the new dragons, but we all have to wait until every winner answered the Mail. smile.gif

What if someone doesn;t ever answer their mail?

Maybe we won't know how the prizes look like, so the winners and the rest of DC will have a chance to see what will hatch. It would be more fun this way smile.gif

Skyie, then they won't get a prize...

I would think that everyone would check their mail o.o;

I like the gingerbread house idea.

Well, Valentine's coming so any ideas for something to decorate/make for Valentine's?

And are the Leetle Trees now a permanent thing on DC, as in dropping in the Cave?

Hopefully, if there are more contests, they won't be just for sighted people. :-\

I got someone to decorate my tree for me, since I can't do it on my own, but I would've liked to have made my own entry.

I totally understand that. I'm deaf, so contests using audio or music or whatnot are like, impossible for me to do.

I have to ask this: how does a blind person play DC, considering it's pretty much totally visual? I've seen computers for the blind - as I've worked with people who were deaf and blind.

Valentine's... oh, I would love some of the previous valentines, for sure. smile.gif That Sweetling Alt is a definitely cute dragon.

Different kinds of blindness...it ranges from being able to see slightly/blurred or patches.

Could just be they can not see fine details such as those small birds and so forth.

I am the top winner in this Christmas event.

I was able to get a little tree this year.

I was able to get two lovely new Christmas Dragons. Love to Fi.

I was able to snag one of TJ's Holly eggs from the AP. He gave everyone that chance.

I had many people who worked (slaved?) hard to create trees, decorations, and excitement over twelve days, just for me to enjoy.

I got to have a say, and a vote.

I was important to the Dragon Cave, because I'm one of it's players.

And from the first Christmas Dragon egg that could be bred on Solstice, through to the excitement of seeing what the special winning place dragons will be...I was given a month of fun, speculation, and laughs with the people on this site that hold a special place as my friends.

I have definitely won it all.

I had high expectations for my tree... until I started voting and saw the others lol biggrin.gif

So not surprised I didn't win.

Congrats to the winners!

Well, let's get on with ravenously waiting for pictures. happy.gif

Indeed! I really want to steal see what they look like.

It seems I was quite generous with my voting by these standards! blink.gif I gave a 10 any time I felt it was deserved for whatever reason. I'm kinda surprised the voting seems so harsh!

Me too. I gave out a great number of 5 and 6.

I am the top winner in this Christmas event.

I was able to get a little tree this year.

I was able to get two lovely new Christmas Dragons. Love to Fi.

I was able to snag one of TJ's Holly eggs from the AP. He gave everyone that chance.

I had many people who worked (slaved?) hard to create trees, decorations, and excitement over twelve days, just for me to enjoy.

I got to have a say, and a vote.

I was important to the Dragon Cave, because I'm one of it's players.

And from the first Christmas Dragon egg that could be bred on Solstice, through to the excitement of seeing what the special winning place dragons will be...I was given a month of fun, speculation, and laughs with the people on this site that hold a special place as my friends.

I have definitely won it all.

^ Exactly, and all of this (minus the little tree and holly part - but at least I got a holly promise for next Christmas - if it breeds...)

Btw, is it possible that the little trees will drop all year round? I have the sneaking suspicion that they might. (Certainly one way of "being around for some time".)