TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

I am the top winner in this Christmas event.

I was able to get a little tree this year.

I was able to get two lovely new Christmas Dragons. Love to Fi.

I was able to snag one of TJ's Holly eggs from the AP. He gave everyone that chance.

I had many people who worked (slaved?) hard to create trees, decorations, and excitement over twelve days, just for me to enjoy.

I got to have a say, and a vote.

I was important to the Dragon Cave, because I'm one of it's players.

And from the first Christmas Dragon egg that could be bred on Solstice, through to the excitement of seeing what the special winning place dragons will be...I was given a month of fun, speculation, and laughs with the people on this site that hold a special place as my friends.

I have definitely won it all.

You win the best person ever award.

I am the top winner in this Christmas event.

I was able to get a little tree this year.

I was able to get two lovely new Christmas Dragons. Love to Fi.

I was able to snag one of TJ's Holly eggs from the AP. He gave everyone that chance.

I had many people who worked (slaved?) hard to create trees, decorations, and excitement over twelve days, just for me to enjoy.

I got to have a say, and a vote.

I was important to the Dragon Cave, because I'm one of it's players.

And from the first Christmas Dragon egg that could be bred on Solstice, through to the excitement of seeing what the special winning place dragons will be...I was given a month of fun, speculation, and laughs with the people on this site that hold a special place as my friends.

I have definitely won it all.

Wow

Congrats to you and to other winners!

Okay, so blackhillilife is in for some major stalking. :B

Oh yes! *shifty eyes*

xd.png

Congrats!

I am new to Dragon Cave. I saw little pictures of beautiful dragons on another forum I frequent and once I clicked I was hooked! This event has been sooo much fun for me from beginning to end. It was a great way to combat the post holiday blues. Even though I didn't win I have really enjoyed receiving the ornaments each day (I like how they were given out-- a new surprise every day) decorating my tree and submitting it, with crossed fingers. I had fun voting every day and tried to vote as much as I could. I would like to have seen all of the trees but I had to sleep and work sometimes! I loved reading all the comments during the vote about all the beautiful trees people made. I hope that there will be a way to view all the trees because some of the ones I read about may not have won or even been in the top 200 but I would still really love to see them-- the Menorah Tree, the Wedding Trees and the Let's See What All We Can Do To The Gingerbread Man Trees! If we decorate gingerbread houses next year Mr. and Mrs Gingerbread may want to vacation in the Bahamas for the duration! So, even though I didn't win I have had lots of fun and I look forward to seeing the new dragons and the trees! Thank you TJ and everyone who worked on this event for us! Congratulations to all the winners!

To the winners: If you have filled out the tree-prize and submited it, and you go again to dragcave.net/tree-prize, do you get a page not found or something else?

I had no e-mail, but the page told me I got a HM (maybe a bug), I filled everything out and submitted it. Now if I go to tree-prize, I get a "page not found" like the people who won a great tree, but no dragon. Was it a bug and I don't get anything now or is it normal?

Blackhilllife, Major congrats on being the top winner! biggrin.gif All the winner's deserved it in spades! smile.gif

And I read that people might 'rage' and leave DC? Are you kidding me? O.o Unbelieveable!

I would be pretty disappointed if the prize dragons looked like the tree toppers... xd.png

I didn't win anything, even though I was gunning for HM after reading about all the trees that were better than mine in the forums. /whinewhinepoutcomplain

But anyway, congrats to the winners. Just make sure you breed as soon as the dragons grow up and abandon it to watch the mayhem begin.

Wow

Congrats to you and to other winners!

I think Blackhilllife was trying to say that participating in this contest means winning.

looks like i didn't win tongue.gif

gz to the winners whoever they are.

will we be able to know our tree rating?

To the winners: If you have filled out the tree-prize and submited it, and you go again to dragcave.net/tree-prize, do you get a page not found or something else?

I had no e-mail, but the page told me I got a HM (maybe a bug), I filled everything out and submitted it. Now if I go to tree-prize, I get a "page not found" like the people who won a great tree, but no dragon. Was it a bug and I don't get anything now or is it normal?

When I go back to the page now, I get a message that says "Thank you, your prize choices have been saved." I think you may have encountered the glitch-- at the beginning, the tree-prize page was viewable by everyone. Crossing my fingers that you won something, though!

Not that I think that I was one of the winners, but is there another way to find out if you won other than the email as...I tend to just delete my spam folder without looking at it and if the email went there... unsure.gif

Okay I'm done whining about not winning (I think) I just have a question...when will editing be re enabled? I would like to be able to play with my tree again <.< Seeing as how I had the most fun decorating rather then listening to folks diss the trees and then the crushing disappointment. I want the fun part back :3

Grats to the winners. When you get your eggs you should so come here and let us know so we can be seeing em and stalking your scrolls :3

Kinda wish TJ would show us all the winning trees. So I can rage against any Deco barf, randomly floating ornament, and "I ♥ DC" trees that might've won (nothing against people who had those for trees I just felt they were either sloppy or the person didn't try hard enough or was unoriginal). Yeah I'd rather rage against the winning trees....mostly cause I know I'm way too addicted to DC to rage quit or anything stupid like that xd.png Oh and there is the fact where I'm mostly really disappointed (I had hopes for that Holly I was going to get if I got HM!!!!)

Guess that tells me not to count my eggs before I even finish decorating the tree eh? xd.png

O.o I vote that we take Meyer's comment about decorating gingerbread houses next year and run with it. That seems like it would be awesomely FUN!

I never really expected to win, considering that my brain works upside-down and back wards on projects like this tongue.gifbiggrin.gif , but I just wanna know the prizes look like!!!!!!!! It's gonna drive me crazy!!!!!!!! wacko.gif

Congrats to the winners! ♥

I'm sure you all deserve your prize! c:

Congrats to the winners!

... didn't win - but that was to be expected biggrin.gif

My guess, one of the winners was the one with a santa's face on it? tongue.gif

Congrats to the winners (I didn't get anything).

Is it just me or did most of the people that win have a silver or gold trophy? (it may just be the one's I've looked at xd.png)

O.o I vote that we take Meyer's comment about decorating gingerbread houses next year and run with it. That seems like it would be awesomely FUN!

Well, I'd like to take credit for the idea but I can't! I read it several pages back and just thought it was a really cool suggestion. Especially in light of the way people seemed to enjoy putting the Gingerbread Man in perilous situations! If we get a vote for Christmas 2011 activities I give a 10 to gingerbread houses! biggrin.gif

-Obsessively checks and re-checks email- Sigh... No luck...

And Parrot Time:

Rawk! Polly says CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!

Can I have my cracker now?

-Obsessively checks and re-checks email- Sigh... No luck...

Been doing that since midnight of the 20th. *Emos in corner*

as for the low ratings, I'm surprised. I gave out quite a few 7-9 votes to the trees I liked, including the ones with creative faces, and one that looked like a Lugia or a dragon.... I know I gave 1-3s to the plainer trees that only had decorations like the bulbs and that's all, or, the ones that looked like the person only shoved every ornament they had onto the tree in a hurry, so.... Yeah. :\

Been doing that since midnight of the 20th. *Emos in corner*

as for the low ratings, I'm surprised. I gave out quite a few 7-9 votes to the trees I liked, including the ones with creative faces, and one that looked like a Lugia or a dragon.... I know I gave 1-3s to the plainer trees that only had decorations like the bulbs and that's all, or, the ones that looked like the person only shoved every ornament they had onto the tree in a hurry, so.... Yeah. :\

Wonder what you'd have given my tree then tongue.gif Probably one of the few that gave it a 5 or higher (if you even saw it) xd.png