TJ09

2011-01-20 - Tree Decorating Contest is Over!

Has anyone seen the exclusive unreleased variant prize dragon? I want to see what it is. I know I didn't write the name right, but you know what I mean.

Didn't win but then I'm not too surprised.  I did love my tree though so it's all good.  Was fun decorating the trees too.

I was actually hoping that we could have the decorating turned back on so I could play around with my tree some more.  Perhaps another time.

Congrats to the winners though.

After winners are announced, all trees will be publicly viewable and editing will be re-opened.

Hopefully he'll stay true to his word.

Aww didn't win. sad.gif But gratz to all the winners! I saw some super cool trees.

I would love to see what the new dragons look like. smile.gif Even just the eggs. I want to know if they're actually gold, silver, and bronze. 'Cause that would make pretty lineages once RareXRare breeding is put in. biggrin.gif

i love what TJ said: "tree decoratng contest is over!" , and "that was a lot of christmas!!"

HA! i know TJ picked the final winners, so he had to look through a minimum of 200 trees, and he *may* have voted on some before hand, but i voted on all the blasted trees!!! hahahaha laugh.gif if he thinks 200 was a lot!!!! *-, TJ* and voting on all the trees was the best of times.... and the worst of times! it was like "OMG, if i see another katamari or crapalanche tree i'm gonna end it!!!!* mad.gif and the next tree "WOW, what a beautiful tree!!! that definitely gets a 10 from me!!!!" haha

and even though i wasn't betting on winning myself, i really wanted a frill!!! xd.png got here too late for them... wah, wah, wah..... when will teleport be turned on! tongue.gif

After winners are announced, all trees will be publicly viewable and editing will be re-opened.

TJ has been super busy (college is finally re-starting for him) and has just not had time to do this yet. :3

So has anyone come forward that won yet? smile.gif Would Love to see new eggies! smile.gif

what happens if the winners/honorable mention people didnt see the email due to it going into the spam folder and them auto deleting it? Will it be resent after a specific time?

Congrats to the winners!

I should have done something more creative with mine, aw well. Congrats to the winners and the honourable mentions.

I knew I wasn't going to win, but I do want to see what these super-fantastic magical prize dragons will look like. I wasn't being sarcastic at all. :|

and even though i wasn't betting on winning myself, i really wanted a frill!!! xd.png

It's been neat to see how excited people got over the possibility of winning a dragon of their choosing, even something like a frill (which once was common) or a silver (which is rare, but the chance of catching one in the cave is still higher than the chance of winning the contest.) It was a really good choice of prize, to have gotten everyone as excited as it did.

I hope there will be more contests in the future. Perhaps more artistic contests like this one, but perhaps other kinds of contests as well-- puzzle-solving contests or code-breaking contests, or even just a straight luck lottery. I like the energy and excitement this has generated. :-) (Plus, I'd like a chance to win in the future!)

Congrats to the winners!

I guess this means next Christmas there's gonna be a higher change of holly dragons, what with most of the honorable mentions/some winners picking them.

When will we see the sprites?

another question that i didnt see, though its not about the contest, but since the conest is over, does that mean the Leetle Trees are not going to drop anymore? D'oh maybe i should take this to the help forum. D:

It told me I got a HM. I chose a Holly. But there's no e-mail, I checked all folders trice. But if I didn't get a e-mail I won't get anything, will I? sad.gif

Just want to say that I hope the email thing is just a glitch and that it all works out that you won an HM and get a Holly dragon. You seem to really, really love Hollies (maybe more than any player I've run in to) and I watched you hunt so diligently and so excitedly for one during their breeding season that I was rooting for you in this competition to get an HM and win one. So I'm keeping a good thought that the form was correct and gets processed an you get that Holly. I can't imagine anyone would love that dragon more than you would. Maybe just as much...maybe. But not more. laugh.gif

Let's hope that everybody breeds their prize dragons too. Maybe they'll become widespread, like the Vampires became.

I'll be breeding! happy.gif

Don't worry. He will. He always does. It might take a while, but he'll do it when he's got time.

another question that i didnt see, though its not about the contest, but since the conest is over, does that mean the Leetle Trees are not going to drop anymore? D'oh maybe i should take this to the help forum. D:

I just saw a leetle tree in the cave, so I assume they are still dropping....

I hope there will be more contests in the future. Perhaps more artistic contests like this one, but perhaps other kinds of contests as well-- puzzle-solving contests or code-breaking contests, or even just a straight luck lottery. I like the energy and excitement this has generated. :-)  (Plus, I'd like a chance to win in the future!)

Hopefully, if there are more contests, they won't be just for sighted people. :-\

I got someone to decorate my tree for me, since I can't do it on my own, but I would've liked to have made my own entry.

Edited by Mew_1

*takes a quick peek at email*

Nope didn't get anything. I wasn't expecting to anyways, so its no big deal. My tree is kinda meh compared to some of the ones I saw while voting. I had fun decorating my tree though, and I look forward to doing so again once we're able to.

Congrats to all the winners and HMs!! Enjoy your new prize dragons whatever they may be!!

While I'm happy for the winners, I'm very sad because even though I didn't win, I have nothing worth trading for an awesome new egg.