Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What shimmerscale or holly generation is worth a 2G PB Gold?

I (think) I bred roughly about seven 2G PB Golds.

On one, I was offered a messy Holly and a Snow Angel.

On another, I was offered an almost even 5th gen Holly.

On another, I was offered a 3rd gen Holly/Skywing spiral.

On the others I believe I accepted a 2g Snow angel each.

The last two offers are probably extremely unlikely and the user who offered on both was probably a little bit inexperienced.

Edited by DarkEternity

Has anyone recently traded alt vines? What is a 2nd gen pb one worth, and how much can you ask for a messy one?

I managed to complete my frozen hatchie collection of alt blacks by hatching low-time eggs from the AP, but most vines I pick up in the AP are cb. Are alt vines rarer than alt blacks, or do bred vines just avoid me in the AP?

Has anyone recently traded alt vines? What is a 2nd gen pb one worth, and how much can you ask for a messy one?

I managed to complete my frozen hatchie collection of alt blacks by hatching low-time eggs from the AP, but most vines I pick up in the AP are cb. Are alt vines rarer than alt blacks, or do bred vines just avoid me in the AP?

Messy alts in general are very hit-or-miss, owing to that they're usually just freeze-fodder, but a 2G alt vine should be neat trade fodder. I'd give a CB trio for one if they weren't being completely elusive to me lately, though I suspect that would be difficult to ask for if one had a 2G alt vine - should be about the high end of the market price with the current trio rarities.

CB vines are not rarer than CB blacks, but keep in mind that alt blacks have two separate hatchling sprites, whereas vines only have one, and the different alt black hatchlings tend to have 'seasons' (i.e. one form is more frequent than the other during a several week timespan) - so I wouldn't be surprised if people do breed blacks more than vines.

[...] so I wouldn't be surprised if people do breed blacks more than vines.

That was exactly my impression as well - vines were bred like crazy for some of the common tinsel lines, but they don't seem to be bred that often anymore.

Thanks for the answer smile.gif

What can a 3G Bronze Shimmer fetch? Specifically from Royal Huntress if that matters

What can a 3G Bronze Shimmer fetch? Specifically from Royal Huntress if that matters

It would depend on which line from Royal Huntress since trading depends more on rarity.

CB Shimmer-wise, Royal Huntress is not considered rare line so you can't ask for a premium price based on the CB.

Doggone it. What's a 4th gen nebula checker worth? I'm currently offering (not cb but pretty low and nice) a speckle throat, soulpeace hatchling, thunder hatchling, and a vampire for one but the few offers I get are completely different from what I'm asking.

Here are the lineages Thunder Lineage Soulpeace Lineage Speckle Throat Lineage Vampire Lineage

Edited by Sarah864

Nebbies are hard, especially as you are asking for gendered a certain color. You have only been asking since yesterday right?

What you are offering seems fair to me, but I think it is a matter of needing more time for responses.

And if nobody has what you need right now you might ask for help in the breeding/even gen threads, as it might take a while for somebody to be able to breed what you want.

Doggone it. What's a 4th gen nebula checker worth? I'm currently offering (not cb but pretty low and nice) a speckle throat, soulpeace hatchling, thunder hatchling, and a vampire for one but the few offers I get are completely different from what I'm asking.

Here are the lineages Thunder Lineage Soulpeace Lineage Speckle Throat Lineage Vampire Lineage

To be honest, I read your trade post and I simply don't understand it - what do you mean by 4th gen nebula checker?

- nebula x any breed checker, as long as the hatchie is an alt (red or green)?

- simply a purebred 4th gen nebula, as long as the hatchie is an alt? (then the term "checker" is confusing)

- a pb 4th gen nebula from all alts? (again "checker" is confusing here)

- purebred 4th gen nebula with a certain pattern like regular nebula x alt nebula checker?

Even if I was a nebula breeder and interested in you offer, I wouldn't know what to breed. unsure.gif

Your offer seems fair (if not more than fair, you're offering 4:1) in terms of value, but it's also very special - you will need a good portion of luck to find someone who's interested in exactly what you have and has the nebula you need at hand. Especially when you're asking for gendered hatchies, there's at maximum a time window of 1.5 days to trade them before they grow up, so it's very unlikely that someone has exactly what you're looking for.

From your offer, I think the soulpeace hatchie is reliable trade fodder (I got nice offers fairly quick when I traded 2nd and 3rd gen hatchies - they're bad trade fodder as eggs though). The value of the rest depends a lot on who you're trading with.

The thunder is only valuable to people who have none yet (but then it's unlikely that they'll have the nebula lineage you're searching), to people increasing their thunder army or to shimmerfail collectors.

The speckle throat is gorgeous, but also very special. In addition, speckle throats are not good trade fodder - I've tried to trade cb hatchie pairs and didn't get offers.

Vampires have lost their value as trade fodder, especially when they're not hatched yet. They're unbreedables and have become fairly common.

As Tawanda already suggested, I think your best bet is looking for someone who can breed what you want and ask what they need in return.

Edited for typos. Sorry for wall of text xd.png

Edited by Ha-Ki

I meant the first one the nebula x any breed checker. Meh, I'll edit it so it's more clear and change it to nebula egg or hatchling and I'll see if that works. I don't mind keeping the eggs and hatchlings so i've got nothing to lose. I did ask in the breeding forum and people gave some for free but I kept on getting several miscolors and I don't want to pester for more since they were given for free. Thanks for the advice guys, I guess nebulas are just a pain for both breeding and trading.

Does anyone know how CB Gold Wyverns and CB Seasonals compare? I made one trade the other day without much of a problem, but I just can't get any offers now. :S

How much would a 4th gen shimmer offspring be worth off these two?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/VRteg

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BRjtL

No these two have their own mates.

It would be an arrow head, and quite difficult to continue (you will need another 4th gen arrow or two other 3rd gens to breed to give it a proper mate)

So I don't think it would be worth very much. Much better to continue the two as two stairs if you are interested in trading fodders.

Does anyone know how CB Gold Wyverns and CB Seasonals compare? I made one trade the other day without much of a problem, but I just can't get any offers now. :S

CB seasonals can go for a lot the first weeks of a season change. CB gold wyvern, not so much but I think they're harder to find now.

Just wanted to report that I got a cb ice for it, I'm happy smile.gif

large numbers of CB seasonals go places.

just traded 8 of them for a CB gold.

What are CB Brown coastals going for?

What are CB Brown coastals going for?

Maybe I'm sleep-deprived, but I have no idea which dragon you mean by "brown coastal."

Closest I can think of are the Brown Coppers, but they don't appear in the Coast. Only Green Coppers appear on the Coast.

Coastal Waverunners are blue.

What could I expect to get for this?

Pretty nothing I fear: it has a lot of spriters' alts in lineage, but they are all far. Descendants of spriters' alts usually are worth a lot when 2nd gen, a bit when 3rd and almost nothing above.

Pretty nothing I fear: it has a lot of spriters' alts in lineage, but they are all far. Descendants of spriters' alts usually are worth a lot when 2nd gen, a bit when 3rd and almost nothing above.

*sighs* that's what I feared. Oh well, I'll add a cb GW to the trade and hope that's enough for an unbreedable. It's unlikely but I'll update this post if I get any offers.

Edit: I couldnt get any offers but someone saw my trade on the dragonmarket and was giving a paper away so he/she gifted it to me and now Im happy smile.gif

Edited by Sarah864

Do CB Vines have any worth? I've been trading CB hatchlings for other CB hatchlings the last few days, and while most hatchlings got traded in just a few hours after I made a trade post, the Vine has been sitting on my scroll for the last 2 days without any offers. Is it just bad luck or are Vines very unpopular right now?

Do CB Vines have any worth? I've been trading CB hatchlings for other CB hatchlings the last few days, and while most hatchlings got traded in just a few hours after I made a trade post, the Vine has been sitting on my scroll for the last 2 days without any offers. Is it just bad luck or are Vines very unpopular right now?

Problem with trading commons/uncommons is that if I wanted something like a gilded bloodscale I could catch it off the AP and hatch it with incubate and influence to whatever I needed it to be. =/

I don't think they have a very high trade value. I've caught a lot of vines in the AP (intended to hatch them and hope for alts), and most of the ones I caught were cb.