Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Two questions...

What is a Chicken worth? I'm trying to trade one (I know it's worth one Dino or so) - I've actually had a few people try to offer me commons for the Chicken (uh... yeah. Just no.).

And how about a 4th gen spiral Gold? This one: http://dragcave.net/lineage/82NrD ...What can you get for one of those? (I'm thinking about keeping it since it's the first Gold I bred in AGES. Just curious.)

Hi, glad to help you out. wink.gif

Let's divide these up and talk about them. So let's start with...

1) Chicken. Chickens are the most valuable /catchable/ unbreedable out of dinos/cheese/paper. Heck they're about Par on with Trios if not worth a bit more. You can get a CB Blusang if you sweetened up the deal with a few BSAs here and there (better if they're nicely lineaged too)

2) Out of the two, the gold is worth the least. It's not EG which is much more favorable by most of the DC community. Spirals/Stairs are only worth a lot when it's from Prize Dragons. Also another thing wrong with the gold is that it uses multiple different dragons in its lineage which is another thing that can lower its value, yet raise it up, but typically it does lower it because it's only going to raise it up if it was started perfectly to the -right- person and there are over 90 dragons. Again as I said in last post it's one of those trades where it's whatever someone is willing to pay for it. There's just no clear value and really it's better off just having fun with or just gifting purposes, which would be awesome since most of the time golds being gifted are neat/clean lineages. It sure would brighten up someone's day. smile.gif

To sum it all up, yes a Chicken is worth way more than a few common hatchies.

Hm. Then I guess breeding Flavie with a CB Vine and continuing the Gold x Vine spiral lineage would be worth more?

pfft. I think I'll actually try making a Silver and Vine 2nd gen and then doing an EG of metal and plants. xd.png

Hm. Then I guess breeding Flavie with a CB Vine and continuing the Gold x Vine spiral lineage would be worth more?

pfft. I think I'll actually try making a Silver and Vine 2nd gen and then doing an EG of metal and plants. xd.png

Yeah spiral would be better than doing a EG with Flavie. smile.gif I don't think I need to explain any further since I feel like you know what I mean. ^^

Yeah you could try that, though if you ever get your hands on a CB Gold (assuming you don't have one) you could try doing a Gold x Black lineage where you try and do it with alt blacks. =o Male Gold x Female Alt black. Just saying xd.png I think they look lovely anyways. wub.gif

...I actually have a CB female Gold. Pairing her with a CB male Vine, and then breeding the 2nd gen with Flavie would create a mirror EG of Gold and Vine. That should be rather valuable, I think? xd.png

Though I also have this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/iRGg Deamiel and Flavie are basically paired together by default, and I kind of like what this looks like - the colors match together really well.

Edited by Beldarius

Which is worth more, from these three options?

A 3G Holly Spiral w/ice

A 3G Shimmer from Jewel, stair

A CB gold, 4G gold shimmer, 2G silver w/nebula, and 5 Holly hatchlings, all neat and clean, EG, patterned and stair, one a thuwed, ranging from 4-5G.

Opinions?

What do you guys think 6th gen perfect stairstep Bronze Shimmers go for? Someone offered one egg for two of my 2nd gen holiday hatchlings (not Hollies, of course) and a 2nd gen holiday egg, but my experience with Tinsels is telling me not to take it, so I thought I'd check. :/

Edited by 11th

What do you guys think 6th gen perfect stairstep Bronze Shimmers go for? Someone offered one egg for two of my 2nd gen holiday hatchlings (not Hollies, of course) and a 2nd gen holiday egg, but my experience with Tinsels is telling me not to take it, so I thought I'd check. :/

They're basically worthless. You should not accept that trade. =/

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. (Not that I could accept anyway now -- one of the hatchlings they wanted was an ER and grew up, which I'm fine with. P: )

you know it's kind of sad really.... the owner/s went through all the trouble to keep the line going / gender correctly / get correct mates... and it's labeled "worthless"

You would think if it's "perfect" that it would still be good, rather than all the messy or inbred ones.

you know it's kind of sad really.... the owner/s went through all the trouble to keep the line going / gender correctly / get correct mates... and it's labeled "worthless"

You would think if it's "perfect" that it would still be good, rather than all the messy or inbred ones.

They aren't worthless per say but it's ridiculously difficult to find someone who's willing to trade since those most who like long bronze tinsel stairsteps already have them. It's better than any messy or inbred tinsel that's for sure but their not worth 2nd gen holidays.

Guess it's all up to what you want really. If it were a lineage I didn't have, say a nice shiny x spitfire or pebble or balloon I'd certainly trade a 2g holiday for it.

What is this eggie worth? http://dragcave.net/lineage/WbtTf

It's pretty but there isn't anything about it that makes it worth much other than the BSA. You might get a couple of CB hatchies, maybe a long gen prize, or if someone really needs the BSA something fairly nice.

There are a couple of people who really like to collect reds so you might happen on a nice trade, especially if the red is hatched first.

Imo, I don't count Prize as Shinies, I refer to them as prizes and shines such as Gold/Silver. Copper I just call Coppers. This is mainly because of price differences, but I still wouldn't call a Shimmer/Tinsel a shiny, honestly.

As for prizes go, people care a lot more about shorter gen (3,4, and 2g) than they do with (12g, 50g, 100g).

As for Shinies there is a bigger market for the higher generation (checker, spiral/stairsteps don't go for much, imo) shinies than there are long generation prizes since most people gift their long generation prizes.

As for Coppers I feel most just want CB Coppers just to fulfill their Scroll Goals. I see 2g PB Coppers sit for a long time and reports came into the thread that many had trouble trading off their 2g PB Coppers. 2g PB Silvers/2g PB Golds in the aspect have great value than a 2g PB Copper.

I usually advise people to stay away and not ask for "Shiny offers" when they typically want a certain thing like Golds/Silvers because the breeder may end up breeding a shimmer for them since it's easier for them to breed than a Gold/Silver. Well I advise not asking for offers in the first place because you really do get all sorts of offers, usually, very unfair offers. Lol

As for Coppers I feel most just want CB Coppers just to fulfill their Scroll Goals. I see 2g PB Coppers sit for a long time and reports came into the thread that many had trouble trading off their 2g PB Coppers. 2g PB Silvers/2g PB Golds in the aspect have great value than a 2g PB Copper.

I'd like to pitch in for the 2nd gen PB Coppers.

Some time back I posted a question about them, bred 3 2nd gen PB Coppers and put them up for trade for "any 3-4 CB hatchlings or one CB Autumn egg". I got used to waiting from 12 hours to 2 days to get offers from my past experiences, but after only a few hours (I thinkg it was 4-is hours) when I checked again and had 3-5 offers on each of the PB eggs (not 100% sure but I think the red copper had the most offers and the brown one the least). The hatchlings included super-commons but some also had less-commons, like CB Blacks and Opals. Also I got no Autumns as eggs, but 2 users offered hatched ones (though it was at the end of the season).

So I guess 2nd gen Coppers don't have much trading power, but are great for people looking to stock up on CB commons biggrin.gif

I usually advise people to stay away and not ask for "Shiny offers" when they typically want a certain thing like Golds/Silvers because the breeder may end up breeding a shimmer for them since it's easier for them to breed than a Gold/Silver. Well I advise not asking for offers in the first place because you really do get all sorts of offers, usually, very unfair offers. Lol

My advice is to be as specific as you need - and no more. Lots of people don't get trades they would accept because they were too specific.

From here:

3) Want-Reflection

Do you really need a gender swap, or will an incuhatchable, influencable egg do? Are you sure you aren’t willing to accept an ungendered hatchling for another round of gender-roulette? Try to be as open with your trade as possible; keep in mind the chance someone has exactly what you want and wants to trade it for exactly what you’re offering is often very small.

That being said... I'd also never advise to write 'shinies'. happy.gif Depending on what dialects you're using, 'shinies' is synonymous with 'valuables', which can be anything at all. If you want metallics, say that you want metallics (but do note Golden Wyverns are also metallics per the Metallics Trading Thread, for example). If you want prize dragons, say that you want prize dragons. If you want gold/silver, say "classic metallics" or "gold/silver". And so on. smile.gif

But that's definitely more of a side-note than anything else. Just wanted to pitch that in for completion's sake. Hope that's okay. happy.gif

My advice is to be as specific as you need - and no more. Lots of people don't get trades they would accept because they were too specific.

From here:

That being said... I'd also never advise to write 'shinies'. happy.gif Depending on what dialects you're using, 'shinies' is synonymous with 'valuables', which can be anything at all. If you want metallics, say that you want metallics (but do note Golden Wyverns are also metallics per the Metallics Trading Thread, for example). If you want prize dragons, say that you want prize dragons. If you want gold/silver, say "classic metallics" or "gold/silver". And so on. smile.gif

But that's definitely more of a side-note than anything else. Just wanted to pitch that in for completion's sake. Hope that's okay. happy.gif

Basically what Pinkgothic said. She worded it much better than me. xd.png I'm terrible with words. >_>

Hmmm, how many unbreedables is 4gen silver tinsel worth?

I suppose it depends on the rarity of the lineage and on preferences (many people simply do not collect unbreedables). I saw someone offering 4th gen shimmer for a paper (single one, I guess).

What is 2nd gen tan ridgewing from valentine worth?

Hmmm, how many unbreedables is 4gen silver tinsel worth?

You can try asking for 2 if your lineage is sufficiently rare smile.gif If you don't get any nibbles in a day or two, try lowering it to 1:1 smile.gif

Thanks Valeth and irercha.

@irecha I think there are a lot of factors involved when trading 2nd gen lineags. Your's is prettier/rarer than most but it also had a holiday mate which may lower the value. You could use it to swap for 1-2 of any lineage (except shimmers/tinsels) maybe 4 if they're common ones. I'd say a cb blusang or trio if you're lucky.

@irecha I think there are a lot of factors involved when trading 2nd gen lineags. Your's is prettier/rarer than most but it also had a holiday mate which may lower the value. You could use it to swap for 1-2 of any lineage (except shimmers/tinsels) maybe 4 if they're common ones. I'd say a cb blusang or trio if you're lucky.

Thanks. It's the other way round - tan (from tan x val 09 to be specific) is what I need to acquire - I want to check how much will it cost me.

What is 2nd gen tan ridgewing from valentine worth?

It really depends on the valentine mate.

If you need it from most recent ones I think you will be easily able to get it for free.

If you need it from 09 valentine or sweetling it will be harder. But probably a 2nd gen pb copper or blusang would do.

In both cases I would suggest to start your seach now and to try also asking in a couple or gifting threads

Thanks. It's the other way round - tan (from tan x val 09 to be specific) is what I need to acquire - I want to check how much will it cost me.

Oh. Well then your best bet is to go to the breeding forums and ask around while offering to breed stuff from your scroll in return. If the lineage is the same as the one in your link (the one that I kinda maybe completely missed before tongue.gif ) then those are very difficult to find a trade for as few would have them on hand, but they're not too difficult to breed. People in the breeding forum are extremely nice and many would gift you one so long as you name it but it may take a while and there's no harm in sweetening the deal with whatever pretty even gen lineage you have on hand.