TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I've seen 2 really awesome trees so far- one was arranged according to rainbow sort (cool cross-over, no?) and the other was so packed full of colour- almost every ornament was used- and so well balanced (somehow!). Mine is quite traditional and plain by contrast, but that's how I like my tree to be. This is funness!

Ah, I'm kind of harsh... I give a lot of 1s and 2s, though I've also handed out some 7s and 9s. No tens yet.

I tend to rank lower if the tree is really crowded or there are ornaments floating off the tree (except for the ones clearly doing that by design).

Mine's really unoriginal, not that I had any hopes of winning in the first place... Ah, but I like seeing what other people did. :3

I do wish I knew what the average score is / will be for mine, though. XD

I tried...after about 5 times, it went away but came back again....

Is anyone else constantly getting the database error page?  >.>'

Leave the page, by clicking on the cave button, then click on the scroll button, and click on Tree Decorating Contest voting. That's how I fixed mine. Maybe it'll work for you.

I think I saw the TJ tree..urr with 2 floating ornaments to the side?

Should have been a little more decorated though..

I did see a very uniformed one that I liked though. The color coordination was quite to my taste too. Highest score so far, an 8.

Use the print screen button on your computer and paste your picture into an image program like MS Paint.

Depending on the kind of computer you are using, you may have to use the "Fn" key.

umm im using firefox on windows and can't find a print screen button

I tried...after about 5 times, it went away but came back again....

Is anyone else constantly getting the database error page? >.>'

Try clicking on the Scroll link and then clicking on the Tree Contest link. That usually helps me.

Refreshing the contest page always brings me up a message so I just delink myself out of it and relink.

it's a button on your keyboard.

should be right next to "scroll lock" (oh the irony)

I saw one that was cute, which had organized their ornaments into a dragon breathing fire downwards, but the "fire" covered the vote button and I couldn't press it. Dx Sad.

Print screen is on your keyboard.

ninja.gif'd

Edited by god_matter

I've seen 2 really awesome trees so far- one was arranged according to rainbow sort (cool cross-over, no?) and the other was so packed full of colour- almost every ornament was used- and so well balanced (somehow!). Mine is quite traditional and plain by contrast, but that's how I like my tree to be. This is funness!

OOh, I'm seriously hoping one was mine... I love a lot of the rainbow trees, but mine is the most "balanced" I've seen. Oo;

Guys guys, I don't think you're allowed to post screencaps of your trees. You're not allowed to on IRC, anyway, and I don't see why it'd be any different here.

Actually I asked around and a mod told me it was alright. However I think it's just a little more polite to post links instead of actual pictures for those who want trees to remain anonymous ^-^

It should be on the upper right of your keyboard

Am I the only one here who prefers traditional trees over ones with pictures on them? x.x

No. I also prefer the more traditional trees, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I should probably quit voting for a bit. I find myself also becoming more picky when voting, and I really want to be fair.

~Removed~[/url]

I'd almost give that an '8' for effort in trying to get double the votes with 'two' trees. tongue.gif

Almost.

Edited by _Z_

it's a button on your keyboard.

should be right next to "scroll lock" (oh the irony)

the PrtScn SysRq ?

I saw one that was cute, which had organized their ornaments into a dragon breathing fire downwards, but the "fire" covered the vote button and I couldn't press it. Dx Sad.

Pressing "Enter" works as well

[e] Yes, PrtScr is Print Screen.

Edited by silverstreak12