TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Now I'm running into a lot of trees that look like someone's storing all their ornaments in one spot, not like decorated trees.... Almost feel bad rating them poorly, because they might belong to people who were affected by the earlier tree-reset glitch, but what can you do? unsure.gif I've also seen a few totally blank trees.

Perhaps there should have been an option to withdraw your tree from the contest.

Damn, I keep getting those error messages! >:( It's really annoying now since I've run into it 100 times now!

I haven't found a tree worth a '10' so far, though it seems that data base error likes popping up whenever I want to give a tree a high score. dry.gif

I've '1'ed' a number of trees already, for extreme cluttering (such as using every single decoration offered) and when it is obvious the person didn't even try.

I am finding it hard not to let my bias against gold influence my judgment too much...*dislikes gold, thinks gold/green combo is ugly*.

I am also tending to low-score picture trees: this is a christmas tree not a sketch board!

Edited by Slaskia

Here's the one with the poke ball biggrin.gif awesomeeee

user posted image

Tententententen! 8D

Well, my tree's not gonna win. Looking at what people are rating, mine's probably gonna get a 4 at best sad.gif

Well, I voted on a number of trees now. I'll try to vote on as many as I can...

My opinion so far? I seen many different trees. Some tastefully decorated, some clever, a few overly-decorated (for my taste), and couple with no decorations AT ALL. But I'm beeing FAIR. My suggestion to everyone voting is to be fair and to take a few moments looking at each tree so that they each get the score you think they deserve.

I get the error message when I give lower scores. I hate giving those, but some of the trees do look like their owners didn't even try, which is sad, particularly because we had so much time and an extra day on top of that. I have given an '8' and a few '7's thus far, though, because some folks put a good deal of thought into their trees and it shows. smile.gif Good luck to everyone!

Meh, as i continue looking, my hopes of an honorable mention dim... very, very much.

So many good ones, a few "meh" ones, several horribly cluttered ones, and one with a pokeball (10/10)

I'm giving a large number of trees numbers between 5's and 7's, I feel slightly cruel now...

And I seem to get error message a lot, but nonspecific to a certain score I just gave.

*sigh* my tree feels so boring now...

I keep seeing blue/white/silver themes and keep giving them 2s or 3s for unoriginality. I think I'm being too unfair.

umm i think TJ is playing a joke on us because if u look in the main cave it says You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found. IS HE BEING EVIL AND RELEASING A NEW EGG WHILE WE R ALL VOTING or am i just being paranoid. >.> <.<

I'm giving a large number of trees numbers between 5's and 7's, I feel slightly cruel now...

And I seem to get error message a lot, but nonspecific to a certain score I just gave.

Lol, my base score for over-decorated trees is 3 tongue.gif

Are none of you guys giving 1s?

Man, now I feel bad pfffft

But if it's so overdecorated that I can't see the tree beneath, I give them a 1.

lol i see a kiss-up (is looking at a tree that says "TJ" on it)

I keep seeing blue/white/silver themes and keep giving them 2s or 3s for unoriginality. I think I'm being too unfair.

Well, on that note you could say red-gold or multi-colored trees aren't original either xd.png

It's perfectly fair. And I can say that with some authority, as mine is one. Give it a 1 if you think it deserves it.

But if it's so overdecorated that I can't see the tree beneath, I give them a 1.

I give a 2 for overdecorated trees (at least they made the effort!) 1 for blank trees, though. :'D

I've given out a lot of 1's and 2's I guess I rate really hard...

Only reason I'm not giving more 1s is because doing so gives me DataBase errors, lol.

Heh, lowest score I've dished out so far was a 1 for a blank tree.... avidly looking out for that Pokeball one do award my first 10 wink.gif I saw one that said 'DC', pretty cool but off-center /brick'd

I have given two "2s" but no 1s yet. Only given two 9s and one 8. Most are falling in the 4-6 range. I'm pretty sure I'm being fair, no gut-reaction clicking, taking a few moments to look the tree over before deciding on a number, etc...

(I still want to know what the heck that TJ-icon is and how people got it) (yup, i'm being repetitive. It's driving me nuts!)