TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'm starting to give lower and lower votes to smiley face trees, trees that use just the tree toppers and no other ornaments and any tree that has something under it so that I can't hit the fragging vote button. (Turns out you can hit enter and still vote, so long as you select a number.) Other than that, I'm really having fun voting. smile.gif

And I agree about not saying "this is my tree" or "look at this tree." The purpose of anonymity is to even the playing field and take popularity out of the equation. Granted, I don't have any sycophants to command to vote for me, but I'd like to think I wouldn't want them to, even if I did. In the unlikely event that my tree wins something, I want to know it was because the voters genuinely liked it enough to get it that far. And I'd like to know the same thing about all the winners. *climbs down off her soapbox* That's my two cents, anyway.

You might want to post a quote from him or her.

Hello, Murder! I hope I'm not disturbing you or adding a message to a ton of other similar messages D: I just wanted to know if posting my Christmas Tree design was allowed or not. A few users have posted theirs and since people have pointed out it's supposed to be anonymous, I don't know if it's right to show others my tree on the forums sad.gif If you can tell me if this is allowed, or posting a link instead of an image for those users interested, please let me know!

Thank you and have a wonderful evening <3

I'm not 100% sure myself, but I asked some of the other mods, and hopefully I'll have an answer to you soon. smile.gif

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it <3

TJ's stated that it's fine. smile.gif Go ahead and show your tree.

There's the message

I have yet to come across these trees with covered numbers. Although I swear I have come across the same tree about twenty times...guess that was inevitable, with so many users and so many trees people are bound to have the same thought process =)

reposting this for a new page

That's all well and good, but I think if the person wasn't paying attention to what has not only been clearly explained by TJ and other members but also is kind of a "duh" when they are still highlighted at the bottom of your tree...

Well...

Too bad. I'm skipping those people myself.

Also the people who clearly forgot and/or left the ornaments hanging in the air. I moved all my extra ornaments to the very far edges of the page and you cannot see any of them in my "picture" when I go to my scroll.

I'm sorry for those who didn't do it intentionally, but in my line of work, paying attention is everything so... I have little real sympathy.

I came across a tree that was silver themed but the it looked like the silver dragon toppers were climbing the tree, seeing who'd reach the top and the silver star first.

xd.png

Made me snicker, gave it a 8.

I like Ardath Rekha's voting system. I'm giving all trees that look almost identical to mine a 10 though. I feel it's only fair, because I really like my tree. biggrin.gif

Lol.

I tend to like trees with a similar colour scheme to mine.

Wait, wait, wait....you know those red and green stringy things? They look like a bunch of red and green and white squares on a string? How did people get more than one of those? >.>

I only got one...

Now that's interesting. This person put the clear glass baubles over top of the shiny metal baubles, creating a 3D glass-metal bauble. As well as some extra metal baubles in the centers of the stars. Very creative. 9.

Yup, you are too late, sorry. The cutoff was midnight DC time, and it's now 2am DC time.

That.... makes me very sad T_T I worked so hard on it.

I like Ardath Rekha's voting system. I'm giving all trees that look almost identical to mine a 10 though. I feel it's only fair, because I really like my tree. biggrin.gif

I'm sure everyone has their own way of judging by the scale, based on what they view as beautiful. Frankly, my eyeballs are getting dry from all this voting, so I'm giving up for the night. I would like to have given out a 10, though. sad.gif

All the trees I am seeing right now are so plain. sad.gif I want to see exciting trees. My limit for voting is 5. I will break the limit if the tree is good enough though. If there are random ornaments hanging all the way out, I take off one point so it lowers my vote for them. I am very serious about voting. o.o

I'm getting a real feel for the voting, or at least for how I do it...

I find myself using about the same scale as Ardath when voting. Most of my votes are in the 3 to 6 range, but there are a few that have scored an 8, and one 9. I'm not sure I'd recognize a 10 if I saw it. tongue.gif I'm going to try to look at as many trees as I can in the next few days, voting seems to go pretty fast for me.

In all honesty, I'm not impressed by the ones that have all the ornaments just cluttered on or more than one of the dragon toppers just floating in space. As I vote I'm looking for subtle decoration, ones that are festive and well planned out, something that isn't loud but isn't so quiet that it's not noticeable. So far from the few dozen I've voted for, majority are just sloppy and silly looking.

I have question!! (T_T)!!

It is two day ago.

when I submit the my tree

My tree is all of reset.

but I think I'm alrady submit and it is OK.

but In today

My friend said

Your tree is very filthy!

The last tree is submit ??

or

The decorated tree is submit ??

If my tree is not submit or... filthy submit...

I'm very ... really said..........................(T_T)

Whatever your tree looks like here is how other people will see it.

And another person put the blue demon-face thing in front of the dragon face of her/his topper and then made an atom of ornaments around the tree as the nucleus. Made me LOL. 8.

After a lot of votings so far only two I thought were wonderful I gave them 9's. And lol I found a Mr. Tree/Potato head. xd.png

Also there was a link top of the tree decoration section that said if you wanted more you could hit the link and you'd get 20 more of lights, popcorn, or beads.

EDIT: Btw, does anyone know how many trees there are? I'm not sure I'll be able to get to vote them all. xd.png

Edited by PinkyDragon

I've had a few trees come up where an ornament was in the way of the voting button... I feel bad for the decorators because, unless that's fixed, they're not going to get any votes and won't have a chance at the prizes. Edit: Oooh, thank you, Silverstreak, that's very good to know.

I'm getting a real feel for the voting, or at least for how I do it...

1 = tree not decorated at all, either blank or with random junk thrown around the page.

2 = tree kind of decorated but really messy and lots of random floaters that weren't cleared off.

3 = tree very messy/busy or has barely anything on it, ornaments overlapping where they shouldn't, and/or lots of floaters, but some thought put into it.

4 = Thought put into it, but either too much or not enough on the tree.

5 = Decently balanced but not especially exciting.

6 = Decently balanced and I kinda like it. Some kind of theme has appeared.

7 = Good thought put into it, and I can keep looking at it for a little while without getting uncomfortable.

8 = Something made me smile or snicker for a minute.

9 = It got a big grin or a real laugh out of me.

10 = Pure awesomesauce.

Now that I've kind of figured that out for myself it's getting really easy to vote on the trees quickly and not dither over where it falls on the scale. smile.gif

Thank you! I like this very much.

And I agree on not posting others trees. As far as we know, it's someone posting their own tree trying to cheese votes. I'm half-tempted to down vote anyone's posted tree as a 1.

I have question!! (T_T)!!

It is two day ago.

when I submit the my tree

My tree is all of reset.

but I think I'm alrady submit and it is OK.

but In today

My friend said

Your tree is very filthy!

The last tree is submit ??

or

The decorated tree is submit ??

If my tree is not submit or... filthy submit...

I'm very ... really said..........................(T_T)

Go to www.dragcave.net/treepreview. However your tree looks on that page is how everyone else will see it.

There was a tree that had the dragon toppers on the tree sort of 'helping' with the decorating while the bird toppers were being smothered in the decorations.

Aha. biggrin.gif Just found it amusing.

you are voting, and are most welcome to your own opinion. If you look at the picture and think, "ew" then by all means, give it a 1 or 2. It is your aesthetic opinion and no one else's. You don't have to justify yourself.

This. smile.gif

I'm not a big fan of using the toppers as ornaments either. I tend to give "traditional"/less busy trees (but still obviously decorated) higher votes, I suspect there are a few people out there who do as well. Everyone has their own opinion, it's all good.

Edited by Khymarea

Wait, wait, wait....you know those red and green stringy things?  They look like a bunch of red and green and white squares on a string?  How did people get more than one of those?  >.>

I only got one...

I got mine on the last day by clicking the "if you want more popcorn garland or lights..." link on the 12th day through a hunch.

Edited by Blood-Otherium

Has anyone else ran across a tree that the decorations say 'Epic' above the tree? o_O

I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Wait, wait, wait....you know those red and green stringy things? They look like a bunch of red and green and white squares on a string? How did people get more than one of those? >.>

I only got one...

Back when the editing of trees were occurring, there was a link on top of the page that gave you an option to add more of those decors onto your canvas.

OOh, I'm seriously hoping one was mine... I love a lot of the rainbow trees, but mine is the most "balanced" I've seen. Oo;

Be cool if it was yours- I loved it! Highest score yet! smile.gif