TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Montuoro, your link just takes everyone to their own trees. If you want us to see yours, you'll have to take a screen shot and post it to tinypic or photobucket, then link it to here.

The link provided by montuoro100 re-directs you to view YOUR tree only.

If you just put the link to the tree page, it will take each person to their own tree.

Ah, didn't think of that.

I was wondering why everyone's tree looked /exactly/ like mine. >->

Blonde moment, though I'm not a blonde.

Did some people forget that if the ornaments were highlighted, that means they'll show up in this contest?

I've seen four trees with ornaments just hanging in the air everywhere. And then this last one had them all over the "floor" so that I couldn't press the "vote" button. So, I'm guessing this person is getting no votes at all, since that stupid garland is in the way of people pushing the vote button.

Pay more attention, people.

EDIT: On the plus side, I just saw a very lovely tree using a blue/silver theme. Quite gorgeous. I gave them an 8. Not higher simply because it was a tad sparse, but lovely just the same. I hope they are one of the 200 finalists.

Edited by rayemoon

It irks me that people are using more than two of the dragon/bird decorations. I'm pretty positive that those dragons were all designed to be toppers. :/

Just because they were designed to be, doesn't mean they have to be.

OK I GET THAT BUT HOW DO I TAKE A SNAPSHOT ugh enough comments its just one little mistake

I am hoping I had all my not used ornaments far enough over so they don't show, but seeing some of these I fear I didn't

does anyone know if the picture you see when viewing your tree is what everyone will see? If so then I am good as I don't see anything off to the side...but I swear in some of these the stray ornaments are baout where I left mine :/

It's mine. I think the person ment it was good because they put "Good idea" but didn't intend to put it as theirs. If they are intending to say it is theirs....then I am reporting that person to TJ. o.o

It's everybody's tree. They aren't stealing your tree, they just used the wrong link (like if someone was trying to give you a link to their scroll, and they used http://dragcave.net/account, it would take you to your own scroll instead.)

:/

I just voted for about 5 trees then got a Database Error page...and it won't go away ._.

Refreshing the page usually does the trick for me.

Just because they were designed to be, doesn't mean they have to be.

I understand that, but having a ton of them on the tree looks odd. Not to mention, as it's been said before, that the fact that they were designed to be tree toppers makes them look weird as regular decorations.

*looks back* Oh, my bad... I didn't realize that it was a link to the page itself, I thought it was a actually snapshot... ^^'

*bows head in shame* Forgive me...

It's everybody's tree. They aren't stealing your tree, they just used the wrong link (like if someone was trying to give you a link to their scroll, and they used http://dragcave.net/account, it would take you to your own scroll instead.)

Oh that makes sense. Thanks.

It irks me that people are using more than two of the dragon/bird decorations. I'm pretty positive that those dragons were all designed to be toppers. :/

I thought the big silver/gold dragons and parrots were meant as toppers too, but so far 70% of the trees I've seen have used most/all of them in the design. It looks kind of funny. tongue.gif

data base error is happening on the ap page aswell, not just the tree decorating. it just started up, give it some time to fix the bugs that usually appear when it begins.

there could even bee an overflow of people viewing trees at the same time for voting.

I've seen some very effective uses of the dragon/bird topper ornaments other than the top of the tree, so it can be done.

I find that my voting it getting progressively more and more harsh as I vote.

same here ._.

Refreshing the page usually does the trick for me.

I tried...after about 5 times, it went away but came back again....

Is anyone else constantly getting the database error page? >.>'

I understand that, but having a ton of them on the tree looks odd. Not to mention, as it's been said before, that the fact that they were designed to be tree toppers makes them look weird as regular decorations.

Well, it depends on personal taste weather they look right or not. If they're used right as regular decorations, they can still look pretty cool if more than one is incoperated in the design the right way, or in opinion's case, according to taste. Cause it's all opinionated.

OK I GET THAT BUT HOW DO I TAKE A SNAPSHOT ugh enough comments its just one little mistake

Use the print screen button on your computer and paste your picture into an image program like MS Paint.

Depending on the kind of computer you are using, you may have to use the "Fn" key.

Did some people forget that if the ornaments were highlighted, that means they'll show up in this contest?

I've seen four trees with ornaments just hanging in the air everywhere. And then this last one had them all over the "floor" so that I couldn't press the "vote" button. So, I'm guessing this person is getting no votes at all, since that stupid garland is in the way of people pushing the vote button.

Pay more attention, people.

EDIT: On the plus side, I just saw a very lovely tree using a blue/silver theme. Quite gorgeous. I gave them an 8. Not higher simply because it was a tad sparse, but lovely just the same. I hope they are one of the 200 finalists.

I don't know. I saw some ones where the ornaments should have been faded, but they weren't. Especially ones that were far away from the tree which is odd.

Am I the only one here who prefers traditional trees over ones with pictures on them? x.x

That's not to say that I don't respect the hard work that those people put into their tree to make that picture, but when I'm voting on a Christmas tree decorating contest I like to see it decorated at least somewhat similar to how a real tree would look. unsure.gif

Guys guys, I don't think you're allowed to post screencaps of your trees. You're not allowed to on IRC, anyway, and I don't see why it'd be any different here.

Edited by ~!~

Is veiwing a tree with very few ornaments but the ornaments are making a heart and have the nutcracker and angel in the center. tongue.gif

Thought it was sweet, gave it a 9.

And, yes... I'm a sucker for lovey stuff like that.

I've seen some very effective uses of the dragon/bird topper ornaments other than the top of the tree, so it can be done.

I agree. For some of them, I'm like "Wooow, wish I thought of that". Same applies for floating ornaments. Some people have been able to pull them off without them looking awkward. ^-^