TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

HEY, heres a trick.

If someone has ornaments covering the buttons. double click on the available number so it has a ring around it, then use the arrow keys to select the right bullet by moving left or right. if you cant hit the vote button make sure the bullet is still highlighted and hit enter.

(although this may just be a mac thing)

Edited by siaorie

I'd almost give that an '8' for effort in trying to get double the votes with 'two' trees. tongue.gif

Almost.

I don't think it was done on purpose. It really looks like someone decorated their tree and somehow had an ornament shift. o_O

I can't press the vote button on this tree! D:

I hope that person didn't spend too long on the tree...cuz I don't think they're getting any votes ._.

Yes...this contest was such a good idea!

Very interesting how creative people could be blink.gif

Some people are throwing the whole stuff on the tree xd.png seems like they're playing a game that called "Hide the tree! Could you find it?" laugh.gif

And oposite from this mass-decorating I saw a tree with...NOTHING!

Of course I saw some very beautiful pictures, too! Sooo much better than mine sad.gif never thought about what they made possible!

I'll give all of them a fair voting! But until now, my voting was not higher than 5! I'm afraid that I vote to high! Maybe the next one could be much better... unsure.gif

Strange...but I like it wink.gif

Dear users, I have a wish! Please stop those "fishing for compliments" and don't show me your tree or anybody's tree! I think it could be possible only to talk about it! We could explain some things if we find out some interesting! With some phantasie everyone could build their own picture in mind!

We have to keep it anonym to give everybody a chance! So many DC users can't be active in this forum to show everybody their trees! I speak for some german friends smile.gif

For example: Maybe you are a person with lots of friends up in here...if you're showing your tree, everybody knows it and all of your friend are doing a high vote for you when they see your tree again! That's not fair for the rest of us wink.gif right?

Everybody could show their trees after this contest is done!

I don't know. I saw some ones where the ornaments should have been faded, but they weren't. Especially ones that were far away from the tree which is odd.

Yeah, I'm seeing some that look okay except for ornaments floating out far from the tree that should have been invisible -- usually the big dragon and bird tree toppers. I'm discounting that in voting on them, since it seems like a glitch.

Also got one that I couldn't vote for because the big string of Christmas lights was on top of the vote button.

There are a couple of trees that have visible ornaments over the "vote" button, which means I can't click the "vote" button.

edit: What the person above me said. tongue.gif

Edited by Khymarea

I bet no one would have thought that we needed to 'find' a way to vote. Thanks for the advice, siaorie! biggrin.gif

HEY!!! WOah, woah! Thats MY tree!!  mad.gif

That link takes you to YOUR tree, not someone else's.

(Don't worry, I freaked out for a second too.)

~Removed~

That's actually pretty impressive, they made an ornament tree.

Edited by _Z_

IF IMAGES ARE BLOCKING THE "VOTE" BUTTON, YOU CAN PRESS "ENTER" ON YOUR KEYBOARD IN ORDER TO VOTE

IF IMAGES ARE BLOCKING ANY OF THE "RATE" BUTTONS, YOUR ARROW KEYS CAN BE USED TO GET THERE

sorry, but it seems that very few people know this :|

I've had a few trees come up where an ornament was in the way of the voting button... I feel bad for the decorators because, unless that's fixed, they're not going to get any votes and won't have a chance at the prizes. Edit: Oooh, thank you, Silverstreak, that's very good to know.

I'm getting a real feel for the voting, or at least for how I do it...

1 = tree not decorated at all, either blank or with random junk thrown around the page.

2 = tree kind of decorated but really messy and lots of random floaters that weren't cleared off.

3 = tree very messy/busy or has barely anything on it, ornaments overlapping where they shouldn't, and/or lots of floaters, but some thought put into it.

4 = Thought put into it, but either too much or not enough on the tree.

5 = Decently balanced but not especially exciting.

6 = Decently balanced and I kinda like it. Some kind of theme has appeared.

7 = Good thought put into it, and I can keep looking at it for a little while without getting uncomfortable.

8 = Something made me smile or snicker for a minute.

9 = It got a big grin or a real laugh out of me.

10 = Pure awesomesauce.

Now that I've kind of figured that out for myself it's getting really easy to vote on the trees quickly and not dither over where it falls on the scale. smile.gif

Edited by Ardath Rekha

I can't press the vote button on this tree! D:

I hope that person didn't spend too long on the tree...cuz I don't think they're getting any votes ._.

I have a good idea which tree this is. laugh.gif

I couldn't vote on this one so I just skipped it; opened up a new page.

~Removed~

Edit: Also Ardath Rekha, I'm using a very similar system for voting! It makes it easier.

Edited by _Z_

I came on to submit my tree, but the button is gone! D: Does that mean I'm too late and my tree isn't in the contest? T_T

I saw a tree with a big X on it and a topper but that was it. I gave it a 9. smile.gif

Stop posting your trees and other members trees or this topic will be closed.

Edited by _Z_

I understand that, but having a ton of them on the tree looks odd. Not to mention, as it's been said before, that the fact that they were designed to be tree toppers makes them look weird as regular decorations.

Initially on my tree I took both stars and both Eastern dragons and put them at the bottom of the tree, with the dragons "sitting" on the stars. So, no, they do not HAVE to be toppers.

Nevertheless, you are voting, and are most welcome to your own opinion. If you look at the picture and think, "ew" then by all means, give it a 1 or 2. It is your aesthetic opinion and no one else's. You don't have to justify yourself.

EDITED for work fail.

Edited by rayemoon

I bet no one would have thought that we needed to 'find' a way to vote. Thanks for the advice, siaorie! biggrin.gif

no problem, hope it helped

I came on to submit my tree, but the button is gone! D: Does that mean I'm too late and my tree isn't in the contest? T_T

Yup, you are too late, sorry. The cutoff was midnight DC time, and it's now 2am DC time.

IF IMAGES ARE BLOCKING THE "VOTE" BUTTON, YOU CAN PRESS "ENTER" ON YOUR KEYBOARD IN ORDER TO VOTE

IF IMAGES ARE BLOCKING ANY OF THE "RATE" BUTTONS, YOUR ARROW KEYS CAN BE USED TO GET THERE

sorry, but it seems that very few people know this :|

reposting this for a new page

Actually I asked around and a mod told me it was alright. However I think it's just a little more polite to post links instead of actual pictures for those who want trees to remain anonymous ^-^

You might want to post a quote from him or her.

Well I found the tree and tried the tricks that had been suggested to vote for it but was unable to do anything. I had to click to cave to even go to another tree. And I am NOT voting harsh/low. Even an empty tree gets a 5 from me. I judge the tree on creativity and attempt and sometimes it strikes a chord in me. I see no reason to be harsh or low. I will try the suggestion again if I find some trees like that.

I like Ardath Rekha's voting system. I'm giving all trees that look almost identical to mine a 10 though. I feel it's only fair, because I really like my tree. biggrin.gif