TJ09

2010-12-18 - Christmas Event Info

I am excited, been in process of clearing my scroll the last couple days, just waiting for this event. It's my first Christmas at DC. I started on Jan 1, 2010, so this is great, thank you TJ. biggrin.gif

I am excited, been in process of clearing my scroll the last couple days, just waiting for this event. It's my first Christmas at DC. I started on Jan 1, 2010, so this is great, thank you TJ. biggrin.gif

Well then, welcome to your first DC Christmas, Cheystar biggrin.gif It will be fun.

Oh, yay for details! LOL, and I almost didn't click here at first, thinking it was still discussion of the new features...

Sounds awesome - and good to be able to start planning out my holiday gifting ahead of time. Looking forward to it all! :D

as much as i would like to get in on this im just to busy on thos days really to sit all day and try to grab one that i why i always miss the christmas drops. i wish there was a way that i could get the christmas dragons and still get the other stuff done. like maybe drop befor christmas or after newyears and call it a late christmas that way others like me can get in on the drop as well.

Clarity is good... yes...

Hopefully I won't be too into my gifts - because my grandmother spoils me - to get on here and try to snatch a holiday egg.

I obviously missed Halloween - which I'm still mentally kicking myself for - and I absolutely refuse to miss Christmas! I won't even let my connection get in the way! happy.gif

Now to come up with a cool naming convention for the time...

*starts thinking"

I hope the moar events=moar space to get eggs. I have none of the Christmas eggys and was hoping for at least two of each(but if it's going on for three days I doubt it, since including this year I'll need 8 spaces >_<). And of course I'll be at my parents house then, where their computer is even slower than mine...

I hope to get an X-mas dragon this year >_<

I, too, hope for moar egg space, but am happy that we've got breeding dates.

Thank you, TJ. smile.gif

2007–2009 holiday dragons will be able to breed more holiday eggs for seven days from December 21–28 (Starting and ending at midnight, see the definition above). New holiday eggs that are bred during this time and that and reach adulthood before Dec. 28 will not be able to breed at all until after Dec. 28.

Can you please clarify the bolded statement.

Last year hollies bred and produced eggs. Those eggs grew up in time to also breed as well as give the original hollies a 2nd breeding season before the cut off time. So If I am understanding correctly.. the bred eggs won't be able to grow up and breed this year? But will the original adults be able to breed a 2nd time?

It seems a little unfair to those who are trying to increase the very small holly breeding group for folks who don't have them by not allowing the increased breeding pool to breed a 2nd time around if they can squeeze it in.

edit for clarification

Edited by WraithZephyr

Quick qestion. I remember there being talk that there would be a few hours where you would be able to keep holliday eggs you had just breed even though you already had two of that breed (though the window to keep all three of that kind would be very small only an hour or so). But what I can't remember is if that was just speculation or if it had already been implemented?

Can you please clarify the bolded statement.

Last year hollies bred and produced eggs. Those eggs grew up in time to also breed as well as give the original hollies a 2nd breeding season before the cut off time.  So If I am understanding correctly.. the bred eggs won't be able to grow up and breed this year?  But will the original adults be able to breed a 2nd time?

It seems a little unfair to those who are trying to increase the very small holly breeding group for folks who don't have them by not allowing the increased breeding pool to breed a 2nd time around if they can squeeze it in.

edit for clarification

I agree. Add to this all the users that haven't a Yulebuck yet or both them and a Snow Angel, this can increase their number in favour to new users and to all the people that weren't able to get them during their mass breeding day. But TJ should have a reason for this... the only thing I can think is that he doesn't want the lag problems from a second mass breeding day in the last days... maybe because for the 27th-28th December he's thinking for a surprise for us (like nice leetle trees biggrin.gif). Mah, new speculations comes to this way...

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

I'm so happy~! I can't wait to gift my holidays eggs. Hopefully i'll be able to catch a Snow Angel this year! I really hope for a Holly too, but i'm not going to give my hopes up for that one. :3