TJ09

2010-12-18 - Christmas Event Info

There's gonna be a egg limit for Christmas eggs right? like only two per person?

New holiday eggs that are bred during this time and that and reach adulthood before Dec. 28 will not be able to breed at all until after Dec. 28.

sad.gif

Well, at least I got to make my stair-step pair last year. Little did I know how rare that feat would be. And a shame that there won't be a second wave of Hollies. But it is what it is. At least we have dates now.

Thanks, TJ!

(Personally, I'm hoping the further surprises include Drops of Leetle Trees for those who have none yet...)

That was my first thought and what I'm hoping for, too. xd.png

Very sad that there won't be a second wave, at least for the hollies this would have helped so much with their population...

Still, THANKS A LOT for the clear dates. At least we have a good reasonable and exact timeframe now. smile.gif

Thank you for the time-frame, TJ - that's very helpful.

I'm hoping the 'moar' might be another 'collecting' even like we had at Easter and Halloween - they are great fun. Although I confess I would also love a Leetle Tree.

Thanks, TJ!

*leaves brownies and candy canes*

Very disappointing for those who hoped to be able to spread the christmas cheer they may get as soon as possible. But looking at all the IOU-trades this rule is well-founded and reasonable. I also guess this will keep breeders from breeding all their holidays on the first breeding day -> less hectic and chaos -> less lag.

Many thanks for the clarifications. smile.gif

Personally, I still plan to breed my past Holidays on the first day possible, so that those catching up on them can hatch their eggs and have room for new ones by the 25th, and I suspect a lot of others will as well.

What better way for new people, or those who previously missed out on them all, to meet Christmas, than with 3 Yulebuck/Snow Angel hatchies and a fogged egg of one of these, and to also catch their quota of 2 lovely new event dragons, thereby having a scroll packed full of holiday awesomeness to last for all the years to come?

Rather than having to pick and choose, and miss out on something then unavailable for a whole year...

I'm glad the times are specifically outlined for this Christmas. We won't be having people spaz out because they thought they could breed on the 28th. And really, the " dragons are only able to breed once during this period part" does not bother me at all. No rushing to get your dragon raised in hopes to breed it in the same season it was bred. Didn't this go over with the sweetlings too? I thought they were not able to breed for a while or something...

bad memory ._.

But yay for holiday events. Boo for having to work. I am also curious as to what the next event dragon will look like....

And as for the collecting event, I don't think that makes sense for any winter holidays. On Easter and Halloween it makes sense because people usually collect t hings on that day. Maybe we will be unwrapping gifts...?

YAY !

But no teleport, oh noes, lets just all do it the old fashoned way x3 It'll be fun xd.png

Question...and forgive me for sounding like a n00b here, but what limits are placed on the Christmas dragons? 2 per breed? Or only 2 of the 2010 Christmas dragons?

Nice to know. (: Then I dare to get two more eggs now before it starts. (:

I'll probably breed Yodim and Iwoca the first day... And I wonder how many yulebucks Yodim gets this year, it was three last year... I hope it's more than three this time. (: Or at least three...

Question...and forgive me for sounding like a n00b here, but what limits are placed on the Christmas dragons? 2 per breed? Or only 2 of the 2010 Christmas dragons?

That's the same thing.

You can have two per breed: two 07's, two 08's, two 09's, and two new ones per scroll.

Each Christmas dragon is counted as a breed separate from the others if that helps.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Yay! Begin the celebrations! biggrin.gif

I suppose I'll breed my Christmas '09s and my one '08 as soon as I can. I have no promised eggs for anyone, so I hope that they go to some wonderful homes for people who did not catch them last year! smile.gif

I wonder what the Christmas '10 dragons will look like? Time to imagine and speculate! tongue.gif

I'm glad the times are specifically outlined for this Christmas. We won't be having people spaz out because they thought they could breed on the 28th. And really, the " dragons are only able to breed once during this period part" does not bother me at all. No rushing to get your dragon raised in hopes to breed it in the same season it was bred. Didn't this go over with the sweetlings too? I thought they were not able to breed for a while or something...

bad memory ._.

But yay for holiday events. Boo for having to work. I am also curious as to what the next event dragon will look like....

And as for the collecting event, I don't think that makes sense for any winter holidays. On Easter and Halloween it makes sense because people usually collect t hings on that day. Maybe we will be unwrapping gifts...?

That's a good way to look at it.