sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Eeeerrrr my head injury is hardly letting me use my imagination for anything atm. RP'ing one-2 characters is painful already as is. (it heals so much then seems to regress, hopefully the CT scan on the 27th shows why)

Eeeerrrr my head injury is hardly letting me use my imagination for anything atm. RP'ing one-2 characters is painful already as is. (it heals so much then seems to regress, hopefully the CT scan on the 27th shows why)

No pressure, just wanted to give you the option if things slow down because of me. You can just RP one char at a time as well.

Username: MyaMouse

Name: Echo Silver

Type/Breed:  Guardian

Power:

Personality: Echo is extremely bipolar, friendly one moment and terribly angry or sad the next. He prefers to be alone with his thoughts or with closer friends, but is very trusting and likes to hang out with everyone when he's happy. Though he's normally only a little crazy around people, he has a darker side that he only shows to his enemies, a sadistic side that derives pleasure from pain and torture of people who have wronged his family and friends. He was wronged in this way before, and thus has become a vigilante of sorts. He won't save bystanders. He just wants the 'bad guy' killed.

Appearance: Normal I'd assume.

Age/Stage: Adult (young adult?)

History: Not much is known about Echo, except that something happened to him when he was younger. He now fights for whatever his probably corrupt idea of good is, but he doesn't care who gets hurt along the way, as long as he doesn't care for them much.

Extra: Made some changes to personality.

user posted image

This is the longest RP I've ever seen. o.o

So, I could use another roleplay like this... ever since YAAD died I felt like something was missing in the other roleplays; hopefully this can fill that void! Before I go start making a sheet though, I'm curious as to what has happened so far? I read back a bit and saw mentions of timeskips, but I'm not even sure where we're starting, who's active and who isn't, etc. It doesn't have to be a huge recap, just enough to know what I'm working with.

You can join, however, due to people constantly joining then leaving without saying anything we've already decided on an end for the RP. I don't know when, it might not be for another year or longer at this rate so there's still plenty of time.

I feel like writing Echo in first person. Is that allowed?

I don't think so. That's usually frowned upon.

Sorry for the delay in posts, head injury acting up.

Though scan finally happened yesterday

So wait, we're starting over, or doing a timeskip, or...? And I think I'm fine with third person, though I'm already used to first. I'll go start making a character.

Roleplaying is always done in third person. There's a list of rules here on DC that include 'no first-person' but I can't find it.

No timeskip, no starting over. All I meant is that there's an ending planned. As for a recap, I'm not sure where to start. Do you know where the characters are?

Sorry for the delay in posts, head injury acting up.

Though scan finally happened yesterday

So they've found what's causing it I hope. Also are you ok with Skwerl joining us?

Ah. Yeah, I don't know who's still active or where anyone is. xd.png The recap can be really shallow, I just figured you guys would appreciate if it I was jumping blind without even knowing the current locations. I'm guessing we're in some kind of cave?

So they've found what's causing it I hope. Also are you ok with Skwerl joining us?

That would be nice, won't find out till next week though (earliest of monday, latest of wednesday)

And I suppose. Though right now its hard to do much of anything that needs brain power, posts will be delayed as a result till I can get out more then 2-3 lines.

Roleplaying is always done in third person. There's a list of rules here on DC that include 'no first-person' but I can't find it.

No timeskip, no starting over. All I meant is that there's an ending planned. As for a recap, I'm not sure where to start. Do you know where the characters are?

Really? 'Cause I think we did both YAADs like that and no one told us off for first-person rping. Well, I dunno. Alright, then. I'll have to redo my idea.

And whoo! Last day of moving was either today or tomorrow, depending on what they got done while I was sleeping ^^' We had to move everything ourselves so my legs and back are all sore. tongue.gif

So now I'm really open. Hooray!

Edit: ****ing hell, I just realized I never put in Echo's power. *facepalm*

Edit edit: Fixed. Other things have been changed as well.

Username: MyaMouse

Name: Echo Silver

Type/Breed: Guardian

Power: Can attract rocks to surround him and act as armour. Though it is extremely durable and very difficult to break through, it also reduces speed, limits flexibility, and he cannot fly whilst doing this. While the first two rely on the size on the size of the rock, the third does not. Even if he's covered in pebbles, he still cannot fly due to lack of room to move his wings and the weight of the stones.

He can also use rocks as missiles, but this uses much more energy than just making armour. He's also got terrible aim, so he doesn't use it much. He can use it by shooting it like a machine gun (rapid-fire random aim) or missiles (shoot one at a time and control its direction and speed).

I've chosen to use Eragon magic principles and say that the amount of energy it takes is the same as it would take to do it by hand. For example, a pebble going the speed of a bullet would take less energy than a boulder going the same speed. The same goes for if he made it so a rock is going at 120 mph it'll take more energy than if it went at 60mph.

Also, if he uses more energy than he has, and he fails to sever the magic's stream, it'll kill him by overexertion.

Personality: Echo is extremely bipolar, friendly one moment and terribly angry or sad the next. The smallest thing off plan, and he'll flip out (my friends call it 'zero to nuclear' when I do that). He prefers to be alone with his thoughts or with closer friends. Though he's normally only slightly crazy and paranoid around people, he has a darker side that he only shows to his enemies, a sadistic side that derives pleasure from pain and torture of people who have wronged his loved ones. He was wronged this way before, and thus has become a vigilante of sorts. He won't save bystanders. He just wants the 'bad guy' killed.

Appearance: Normal I'd assume.

Age/Stage: Adult (young adult?)

History: Not much is known about Echo, except that something happened to him when he was younger. He now fights for whatever his probably corrupt idea of good is, but he doesn't care who gets hurt along the way, as long as he doesn't care for them much.

Extra: Changing things, changing things, I don't like changing things, because then I have to think, and thinking makes my brain hurt.

Writing posts is easier. It just comes. Then revision if I have time, then post. This is hard. I have to think: How does he look? Does this affect him in any way? How old is he? Does he act his age? What does he act like? Why does he act like this? What are his powers? How do I make them not too OP but not too crappy either? It's just too much brain work.

Edited by MyaMouse

Are both YAADs in freedom roleplays? Cause I think that would be an exception.

And I completely forgot his power as well. The form looks a lot better now.

Ah. Yeah, I don't know who's still active or where anyone is. xd.png The recap can be really shallow, I just figured you guys would appreciate if it I was jumping blind without even knowing the current locations. I'm guessing we're in some kind of cave?

Yeah, the cave is on a mountain (it's not very high, no snow) so they're in an alpine climate. The cave's roof is covered in glowing crystals and is actually the first level that leads down into a labyrinth of different caves, but no one has explored them yet. Anything else I should add?

Edit: Oh yeah and almost everyone is outside I believe except for a few hatchlings.

That would be nice, won't find out till next week though (earliest of monday, latest of wednesday)

And I suppose. Though right now its hard to do much of anything that needs brain power, posts will be delayed as a result till I can get out more then 2-3 lines.

-doh!- Of course they wouldn't know right away, silly me...

If you don't mind me asking, can you still read normally? Or is it just the brainstorming and writing it down that's difficult?

Edited by Booo

-doh!- Of course they wouldn't know right away, silly me...

If you don't mind me asking, can you still read normally? Or is it just the brainstorming and writing it down that's difficult?

I can read, though posting got a lot harder since scan day (took no meds, so pain killers no nothin, imagine smashing you fingure with a hammer, and that pain over 60% of your head for a whole day x.x)

Hard to focus though. Might be able to post soon again I'm hoping. (if this is post concussion syndrom.... its kind of embarrassing)

Hey man no worries, I'll still post as Crusher in the meantime if that's ok. Right now I'm unsure what else to do with Irah unless something happens between him and Sky.

Is Echo's power good? Because I didn't put it in before.

Looks great. thumbs_up.png

Edited by Booo

Hm...late morning I think since it technically wasn't long ago that Irah wanted to start her day with flying lessons. I thought I edited my post yesterday but I guess I didn't save. sleep.gif I'm also very tired.

So who else is still here? Idk how to get Echo involved until he decides to show himself.

Edited by Booo

I am, just waiting for a reply from LLD.

I sorta took over for him since he wasn't posting for days.

Hello I'm new to the site however I'm interested in this rp and was wondering what are the requirements to joining this rp? blink.gif