sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

AAH I got caught up again! Why does that always happen... dry.gif

Stay tuned...

AAH I got caught up again! Why does that always happen... dry.gif

Stay tuned...

LOL xd.png Fuse Rough Dah Skyrim

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

I don't know how to post. I don't know what to do. Should I try? I might be able to muster a small post if needed. I feel like Booo and I are the only ones posting...

LLD's taking too long so I'll go ahead a look at Liger's info again. If I still think something's wrong then it's most likely a quick fix since it looks ready at a glance.

I don't know how to post. I don't know what to do. Should I try? I might be able to muster a small post if needed. I feel like Booo and I are the only ones posting...

Kinda feels like it, I hope ressamp posts soon.

Anything helps really, but if you don't know then I'll probably add some more to my post soon which might help. I only stopped there so anyone who wants to chime in has a chance to.

Username: skwerl56767

Name: Cayhatpekn (inspired off a genre of music I apparently love; we can call him "Cetn" for short)

Type/Breed: Bleeding Moon Dragon

Power: Instead of a neurotoxin stored in his tail, Cetn instead has hundreds of tiny Lightning crystals stored within; this allows him to use bio electrogenesis, similar to how Electric Dragons can manipulate electrical currents. Cetn's ability, in short, is that he is both immune to strong electrical currents and capable of creating and delivering electricity to anything that touches his tail. At the moment, he uses his ability only in the interest of hunting, although he isn't afraid to use it on a foe. Cetn's power will grow with him; as a hatchling his electrical shocks aren't deadly, but upon nearing adulthood he will gain a mastery of his ability and be able to use it more finitely.

Personality: Cetn is a bit naive and always considers someone to be a friend before being a foe; it isn't hard to earn Cetn's trust or to break it, as the hard part is earning it back. He takes rumors with a grain of salt and tends to ponder things he is told, although in tense situations he will willingly rush headlong into chaos before thinking. As a hatchling Cetn usually chose to flee from danger, which is something he is ashamed of; rather, he likes to boast about the times he stood up to danger and intends to do it more in the future regardless of how stupid of an idea it might be.

Cetn does have a fascination with metal objects though his personal hoard is always carefully separated into conductive and non-conductive materials, as despite his immunity to electricity he can still shock himself and cause damage from doing so (especially when napping, it seems). Cetn doesn't understand vanity in the sense of preserving and beautifying one's body and thinks the most scarred and beaten body—especially if it has metal prosthetics in place—is the most attractive (and he doesn't get why no one else seems to agree with him on this). He does tend to sharpen his claws and horns on rocks but avoids his tail tip the way a Fever Wyvern would its own, which causes it to be very blunt; when pondering something, he will always find something to sharpen his horns on. He will also occasionally chew on things.

Appearance: Cetn is a smaller Bleeding Moon, so it's probably a good thing that he didn't grow up around other rough-housing Bleeding Moons. While his tail tip makes up for his size, his wings still aren't that impressive, preferring to run or glide when it comes to travel. His scales have a typical blue coloration, with the red patches being a brilliant scarlet indicating his more (comparably) affable nature. Like any other Bleeding Moon he turns red when in sunlight and regains a blue coloration out of it, though interestingly enough the longer he stands in it his scales seem to further change, turning from red and smooth to orange and rough like rusted metal, raising up to reveal pale skin underneath. His eyes are bright yellow.

Age/Stage: 32 (Maturing hatchling)

History: Cetn doesn't recall much. He remembers hatching and he remembers a few blurry faces... a little bit of telepathy. After that, though, his mind is pretty much blank up until the memory of living in the forest. As far as he's concerned, he's always been in the forest, and the memory he brushes off as just a dream. Because he found a way to survive on his own, though, Cetn doesn't really know any other dragons or dragon breeds, and his telepathy is shaky. He also uses a lot of made-up words for things he didn't know, like calling a brook a "trickler". Cetn doesn't even know that he's a Bleeding Moon, though he has always had an inkling to climb up some steep mountains and roll in the snow (as such he really enjoys himself during the winter). Cetn's history is pretty boring beyond that, though what he can recall from his memory includes a threatening voice and the sound of cracking around him... siblings, perhaps? Maybe he'll never know.

Extra: Nothing right now.

Looks about ready, but I should probably mention that the correct age conversion is over at the RP. You can ignore the one that Sharly posted.

I also went ahead and corrected a few minor spelling mistakes. smile.gif

Edited by Booo

Username: Captain_Gunzou

Name: Liger

Type/Breed: Royal Crimson

Power: Pyrokinesis, However, that will be the future. When fully grown it can be maintained for one hour. Here are some examples.body can be on fire but it doesn't burn him. Fire whip /sword chained segmented flame whip max can be produced at once five, fire armor, fire shield, flame wall, can ignite/douse a camp pit fire for the group. Can be used to cut down a path. Can set others on fire if needed.Redirect the course/flow of lighting. When just awakened half a minute. Not just anyone can use or counter this move. Only those who possess extreme focus and Great concentration and will power can try to attempt this. You must use a lot of concentration and willpower when trying to learn to use this ability. Before one can learn to ignite a flame. They have to learn to douse a flame without even using almost any effort, by sight alone. Next, they should start small and learn Very carefully to control an already lit flame, and learn to control it to their will like its a part of their being. Then they can learn to start trying to get a wick flame going by taking atoms and making them go so fast or whatever they want to catch afire by combustion. If they learn setting fire first it can have Devastating consequences. Things set ablaze, not only can it hurt the user also but others from inflicting burns. Many can not sense when they're doing their casting but when one who is experienced senses another it's like a Giant beacon "Here I Am." An example of Pyrokinesis is Avatar the Last Airbender Fire benders. Human torch. Simple easy ones can be down at multiple times all at once depending on the level he has to do of it.

Personality: He is very friendly and easy to get along with. Likes helping others and is caring for others not to mention their well being. Doesn't like fighting, in fact, would rather run/flee then fight, however, will fight when backed into a corner and has to defend. Woe to the one who does make him get backed into a corner.

Appearance: Black out scales cause of what happened while on his journey in his egg. Red crimson inner scales, wings like a vamp.user posted image

Age/Stage: hatchling

History: Liger was still in his egg when his nest was attacked. It began on what he thought would be a typical peaceful morning, waiting for the warmth of his mother to return, but then the silence was penetrated with roars from both his parents and screaming from the invaders. The screams were soon accompanied by the clanging of metal on scales, and the heat of scalding flames close by. Before the fire could reach his egg and kill him, he felt that he was being lifted out of the nest and was soon on the move. This must have angered his father who let out a deafening roar, followed by intense heat just barely singeing the side of the egg.

Liger's egg was dropped into a free falling off a small straight cliff side. It fell down and splashed into the water, bobbing under before it had resurfaced.

It follows the route, Liger was on a enjoyable ride then he suddenly picked up speed. Soon after he started hearing a roar all around him which seemed to get louder quickly, before it was deafening, then he was falling a bit before impact submerging then coming up again only to be warmed once again by near by flames as the egg floated between two fighting dragons. The two fighting dragons paused, puzzled by the sight of a random floating egg before resuming their conflict when the egg left their site. A bear fishing scooped in, reaching out with its talons, snagging a fish went to throw the fish onto the land. The egg flew out onto the soft shore bank of the forest along with the fish. The bear taking it's catch back to it's nest, the cubs, however, was curious about the unknown object that was scooped onto shore by their mother. A wee crack near the top appeared in Liger's egg. Liger was getting ready to come out, he has had about enough of this crazy ride. The two cubs sniffed and poked the egg Liger was in. It was starting to get warm to the touch for the cubs.

Stress makes things harder and easier to aggravate the head, and with the financial situation and the 'bad' days.... yeah, sorry

Power: Pyrokinesis, However, that will be the future. When fully grown it can be maintained for one hour. Here are some examples.body can be on fire but it doesn't burn him. Fire whip /sword chained segmented flame whip max can be produced at once five, fire armor, fire shield, flame wall, can ignite/douse a camp pit fire for the group. Can be used to cut down a path. Can set others on fire if needed.Redirect the course/flow of lighting. When just awakened half a minute. Not just anyone can use or counter this move. Only those who possess extreme focus and Great concentration and will power can try to attempt this. You must use a lot of concentration and willpower when trying to learn to use this ability. Before one can learn to ignite a flame. They have to learn to douse a flame without even using almost any effort, by sight alone. Next, they should start small and learn Very carefully to control an already lit flame, and learn to control it to their will like its a part of their being. Then they can learn to start trying to get a wick flame going by taking atoms and making them go so fast or whatever they want to catch afire by combustion. If they learn setting fire first it can have Devastating consequences. Things set ablaze, not only can it hurt the user also but others from inflicting burns. Many can not sense when they're doing their casting but when one who is experienced senses another it's like a Giant beacon "Here I Am." An example of Pyrokinesis is Avatar the Last Airbender Fire benders. Human torch. Simple easy ones can be down at multiple times all at once depending on the level he has to do of it.

Can set others on fire if needed

This just a side effect of a fire attack being used? Or are you talking about simply willing a flame to show up out of thin air on who ever he wishes?

Redirect the course/flow of lighting.

Hold on there, suddenly he can control lightning now too?

Redirect the course/flow of lighting.

Hold on there, suddenly he can control lightning now too?

Light-ing. Not light-ning. Like, light, I think. Torches.

Edited by MyaMouse

I looked over the OP of the IC thread and I must have missed the different conversion... hopefully "S2" or "maturing/matured hatchling" will do? I can't imagine it's too important. tongue.gif If the rest looks good I'll start writing the intro post soon!

I think it's "lighting" like "light" too, but the way it's worded definitely sounds like "lightning". Well, self-explanatory that moving fire would cause certain areas to light up or go dark. xd.png Controlling lightning too sounds cool but it might be overkill.

Simply looking at someone and willing them to catch on fire will make fire appear on them for the trained. However if not experienced and learns fire first anyone or thing his eye sockets go to can catch on fire. Even if his eyes are closed. As stated above .Yes, it deals with the lighting of vision and torches anything to do with fire.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

I looked over the OP of the IC thread and I must have missed the different conversion... hopefully "S2" or "maturing/matured hatchling" will do? I can't imagine it's too important. tongue.gif If the rest looks good I'll start writing the intro post soon!

It's not that important so I guess that means you're approved. smile.gif

Now if I could just remember what I was going to post earlier...

Edited by Booo

It's not that important so I guess that means you're approved. smile.gif

Now if I could just remember what I was going to post earlier...

Probably that no one has posted since last Sunday.

Pff, go to write my post and I suddenly realize I don't know what time of day or season it is. xd.png Is it safe to assume that it's spring/summer and it's high noon?

Most likely spring since there's barely any snow left at Shatterpoint.

Probably that no one has posted since last Sunday.

I meant in the RP, but yeah...

I'll wait a while longer for LLD's opinion on Liger. My tired brain can't keep up with how complicated his powers have gotten.

I'll wait a while longer for LLD's opinion on Liger. My tired brain can't keep up with how complicated his powers have gotten.

I know, I'm just being a snarky dyke because Echo doesn't have anything to say since he figures someone else will ask his questions. Plus, he doesn't feel like he has anything to do with this because he doesn't know Zeditha other than a dragon who set the whole frikken forest on fire a few moons ago (maybe?).

I wish I knew how to include him, these inactive periods make it harder for me to bounce back. Plus I've been rather busy this past week but I'll think of something when I get a break. Edited by Booo

LLD's the one who asked me to explain it more precise to make it more understandable to those who don't know about it well LLD got it. xd.png

Explained how people with Pyrokinesis learn to use and control their ability. Since Many can't use this power when learning it can be dangerous considering learning is like broadcasting "Here I am." beacon to those who can sense it, or others  who have powers and has experienced over the newbie.

Pyrokinesis is the ability to control, ignite and extinguish fire, using the powers of one's mind.

This is dangerous. One should be adept and very experienced in handling and directing energy, as inexperience can cause dangerous burns to yourself, or others, even though you may have a powerful aura. An exceptionally powerful aura is necessary for pyrokinetic ability. This also requires extreme focus and concentration. Redirecting lighting would be one example of pyrokinesis.

Since I have nothing better to do, might as well make this more readable.

Pyrokinesis is the ability to control fires using one's mind.

Examples of this are igniting and extinguishing fires, redirecting flame-induced light, and being able to move flames to the controller's will in general only by using the caster's mind, though the final two are normally only used by more experienced controllers.

Not everyone can use this power. Only those who possess extreme focus and concentration can try to attempt this. You must be able to concentrate hard and possess extreme willpower when trying to learn to use this ability.

Because Pyrokinesis is rare (guessing), learning how to control it is like broadcasting "Here I am," to those who can sense it or those who have more experience than the newbie. Trained pyrokinetics simply have to look at something and will it to catch on fire, and fire will appear on it. However, if the caster is not experienced and learns to set things on fire first, anything the eyes see, anything the brain can concentrate on, will be set aflame. Even if the caster's eyes are closed, the same thing can happen. This is why most casters learn to extinguish fires first instead of setting them, so that they can extinguish whatever they accidentally set. Next, they should start small and learn to control an already lit flame with their will like it's a part of their being. Then they can learn to start trying to get a wick flame going by making atoms go so fast that they catch on fire by combustion. (I personally think that's a stretch explanation but if you guys don't care then *shrug*)

(If we are keeping:

[Power: Pyrokensis, However that will be the future. When fully grown it can be maintained for one hour. Here are some examples.body can be on fire but it doesn't burn him. Fire whip /sword chained segmented flame whip, fire armor, fire shield, flame wall, can ignite/douse a camp pit fire for the group. Can be used to cut down a path. Can set others on fire if needed. When just awakened half a minute.]

Then continue.)

Liger personally does not have all his powers yet, nor will he soon. In the future, when he has unlocked more of his potential, he will be able to control it better, being able to maintain it for about an hour, though now he can't even use it for a minute. When he gets stronger he will be able to create weaponry, blockades, and armor out of flame, as well as set himself or others on fire if he needs to, though he himself will not be burned. He can also cut down paths (probably through foliage) and obviously, set and extinguish fires, either as a weapon, defense, or just to cook food or have light.

If I'm wrong about anything, feel free to correct it or tell me, Gunzou. I'm just trying to help.

Also haha Echo will completely and utterly hate Liger until he's older because Echo hates fire (His caves only have natural and gemstone-created light) and if Liger's power is just as uncontrollable as it's being made out to be Echo will be at least thirty yards away from him at all times

Edited by MyaMouse

Simply looking at someone and willing them to catch on fire will make fire appear on them for the trained. However if not experienced and learns fire first anyone or thing his eye sockets go to can catch on fire. Even if his eyes are closed. As stated above .Yes, it deals with the lighting of vision and torches anything to do with fire.

Looking at the others responce, and the rather large list of powers, tell ya what, pick A power, one power, and we'll go from there, it is possible to learn other powers in the RP.

Mouse had it right LLD. So Pyrokinesis will be his suit unless someone finds him before something happens and catches his interest. He's only a newborn so he's an empty sponge waiting to take something in laugh.gif

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Yeah, it would be easier to just say that he can start a flame with a spell or whatever for now, rather than make up a bunch of special properties for said fire.

Crusher has a rare form of pyrokinesis, but he's sort of an exception since he's a Magi and it works in tandem with his telekinesis.

Edited by Booo

Yeah, it would be easier to just say that he can start a flame with a spell or whatever for now, rather than make up a bunch of special properties for said fire.

Crusher has a rare form of pyrokinesis, but he's sort of an exception since he's a Magi and it works in tandem with his telekinesis.

Pyrokinesis is a branch of telekinesis, where the only object you will move is fire. Pyrokinesis will allow you to control and manipulate fire, ignite fire and extinguish fire with the mind. ninja.gif How about this. Inherited Extrasensory Perception,heightened senses,Empathic Perception/Sense& Heightened Reflexes,and the good old fashion fire breath? unsure.gif

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Gunzou, what I think they're trying to say is that you have to pick one single power to branch off with as he gets older. If we're going in the fire path, something like simply setting a flame on something he chooses. Fire weaponry would be maybe making a sword or something with fire. You would have to pick one thing from that list you put.

Crusher..... is one of those 'rare' characters lol, rare as in, went through a transformation twice, and is alive to tell the tail. Though that plot point kind of.... happened back then.

As for you Gunzou...

Power: Explosions. Half a minute when hatched,fully grown and trained- 1 hour. Anything he wants to explode he either focuses on or points to and KABOOM!

Um... if he just looks and thinks "I want that to go boom." it just..... boom? Rocks? Beings(dragons, animals, humans ect)? Water? I know a consecrated fire ball can seemingly 'cause' a explosion in terms of magic but really, that I know of turning anything into a bomb essentially is over powered, reason being he could look at anyone he dislikes and boom goes their guts.