sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Kind of does, unless he's become a bit short sighted he could still I dunnu knock her out have her kept under till they have her locked down under some rocks and kept weak so she could not try to escape, interrogate her and such.

Just she's his only source of info currently, she could be trying to spook him or she could be right that somethings coming. If he kills her he won't know then till it comes down on them, by then it might be too late for all he knows.

Username: jestertheproxy

Name: Rippling Bay (Ripple)

Type/Breed: Coastal waverunner

Power: Control of the ocean

Personality: Playful, Kind, Loyal, Stubborn, Brave

Appearance: Black scales with pale blue tips on wings and head crest, green eyes.

Age/Stage: Newly hatched (2 years)

History: One of Ripple's parents was a Waverunner, the other a Deepsea. It gave him remarkable powers over the ocean and his darker coloring.

Extra: He is very clever and agile

Name: Shining Moonbeams (Moonbeam)

Type/Breed: Tri horn Wyvern

Power: The ability to control light

Personality: Clever, Agile, Kind, Playful, Loyal, Stubborn

Appearance: Very reflective scales with a silvery hue.

History: Moonbeam was born on the longest day of the year. The sun beat down on her egg almost overheating her. She instead quickly evolved reflective scales so the light wouldn't effect her as much, and then was born.

Extra: She plays pranks occasionally

Name: Sunbeam Glow (Glow)

Type/Breed: Lumina dragon

Power: The ability to control weather near her

Personality: Kind, Clever, Playful, Joyous, Humorous.

Appearance: She is Yellow with amber markings.

Age/Stage: Newly hatched (2 Years)

History: She was stolen then thrown in a Volcano to die. The Volcano strengthened her, made her used to climate. When it erupted she was thrown into the Alpines making her used to the cold as well. She was found and hatched and now bears beautiful colors and control over the climate.

Extra: Her mood effects the climate around her. If she is in a quiet fury its a blizzard around her, If shes mad its really hot.

Hope I get accepted!

Ok, edited. And Silverstorm, are you going to read all 600+ pages? huh.gif

Name: Rippling Bay (Ripple)

Type/Breed:  Coastal waverunner

Power: Control of the ocean

Personality: Playful, Kind, Loyal, Stubborn, Brave

Appearance: Black scales with pale blue tips on wings and head crest, green eyes.

History: One of Ripple's parents was a Waverunner, the other a Deepsea. It gave him remarkable powers over the ocean and his darker coloring.

Extra: He is very clever and agile

Name: Shining Moonbeams (Moonbeam)

Type/Breed:  Tri horn Wyvern

Power: The ability to control light

Personality: Clever, Agile, Kind, Playful, Loyal, Stubborn

Appearance: Very reflective scales with a silvery hue.

History: Moonbeam was born on the longest day of the year. The sun beat down on her egg almost overheating her. She instead quickly evolved reflective scales so the light wouldn't effect her as much, and then was born.

Extra: She plays pranks occasionally

Name: Sunbeam Glow (Glow)

Type/Breed:  Lumina dragon

Power: The ability to control weather near her

Personality: Kind, Clever, Playful, Joyous, Humorous.

Appearance: She is Yellow with amber markings.

Age/Stage: Newly hatched (2 Years)

History: She was stolen then thrown in a Volcano to die. The Volcano strengthened her, made her used to climate. When it erupted she was thrown into the Alpines making her used to the cold as well. She was found and hatched and now bears beautiful colors and control over the climate.

Extra: Her mood effects the climate around her. If she is in a quiet fury its a blizzard around her, If shes mad its really hot.

Hope I get accepted!

First off, your characters histories need a bit of work. Being thrown into an active volcano will most likely result in your death, especially one that erupts, so what makes Sunbeam the exception? You should also further explain why Moonbeam is able to develop reflective scales so quickly since it currently dosn't sound very believable, even for a fantasy setting.

So say he took control of a vine, but the one he tried to trap with the vine cuts it off at its base, would he take a hit then as the magic he was using in the vine was suddenly cut off?

While not needed in as much detail, its good to include these kinds of notes in your sheets. That way people know your not going to suddenly go god mode or something.

Yeah, I still am in. (I don't think it was approved)

Not yet, almost

Is this active and open?

Because I'm currently involved with another one that's barely moving at all.

Yes we're open but this one isn't really moving either. Too many people disappeared and starting up again is taking forever.

Well, I'm finally here. Does that count for something? happy.gif Please don't rip me apart. unsure.gif Oh God, I'm such a horrible person! wacko.gif

Okay, I'm gonna go catch up on the RP now. O.O"

Apologies for the late response, just trying to get life related things in order.

You don't have to have a grip on the whole story (unless you want to of course, but it's a lot to cram into a recap). I recommend just reading the last few pages to see where we are and I can explain a bit more once you've jumped in. Oh and the first 200 pages are crap anyway, I'd avoid those.

Well, I'm finally here. Does that count for something? happy.gif Please don't rip me apart.  unsure.gif Oh God, I'm such a horrible person! wacko.gif

Okay, I'm gonna go catch up on the RP now. O.O"

YES THIS PLEASES ME

Edited by Booo

Sorreh, forgot that I was supposed to post. On the other hand, I have no clue what nonsense Sky's mind just hacked out from my brain. It probably doesn't make sense. *facedesk*

Makes sense to me. Sky is more suspicious whereas Irah right away sees her dad's reaction and isn't as quick to lay blame. I'll post tomorrow and maybe send out some PMs to see who else is still here. Speaking of which, Ælex was the one I least expected to disappear. So what the heck am I going to do with Artemis? Edited by Booo

Well, that's a relief.

I dunno, just keep waiting I guess. ^.^"

So do we actually have a goal in the story now?

Yeah, we just need more active people. Will post as soon as I get back.

I got in touch with Mouse who said she'd like to rejoin. Now waiting for 2 other replies. Edited by Booo

Actually you know what? I'm tired of being the only one interested in the RP. It's been over a year of people joining, posting a few times, and then leaving without notice. I understand life gets in the way sometimes but I always wait a few weeks before I delete someones character from the list. That's plenty of time to say that you're busy and won't/will be back soon. If you really want to roleplay with us then wouldn't you at least make an effort? I've also asked here on multiple occasions if anyone thought the plot needed a change to make it more enjoyable, but very rarely do I get a response. To the few of you who've shown support (mostly LLD), thank you but clearly I've made a mistake thinking that anyone besides me wanted to rebuild this thing.

I'll respond here before the new year. Otherwise...

user posted image

Edited by Booo

I know for me its part of why I had to leave for a while, I got sick and tired of people showing up and not committing, they'd show up, post a few times possibly then poof with no reason or anything. Lead to characters being locked because user A decided to poof with out saying why thus no one knew if they where still around or not ect making it a struggle if not pain for user B to continue with their character.

This kind of erratic posting kills RP's. I've said it many times in the past. Beyond Boo and..... one maybe 2 if I'm being really nice (though looking over the latest pages of the RP only Boo and Lily14130 where really reliable) its.... just not fun, not helpful to those who do commit and..... leads to the regulars just giving up.

I get your frustration Boo. Even if I was able to post regularly..... with people showing, and leaving it would simply be a struggle for 2 to try and keep it alive. I can't give a eta yet anyway to when I can post decently.

While the RP has a lot of history.... think its time to get a mod to close it down. It had a good run longer then all I've seen thus far. But its crashed and not getting up. Not enough people can seem to be bothered to even give a simple "Can't post for a few days because x"

I was hoping the RP would at least be given a proper finale but now that seems unlikely. It does have a (mostly) great history though, I agree it's had a decent run.

Is it really this hard to find a DC roleplay where everyone involved wants to be a part of it as much as I do? The Radiant Prophecy has a similar story and looks more well-thought-out then Hatchlings, but even that is currently closed cause OP is on hiatus. Not to mention I've been stalking a few others, but it seems like people just decide to give up once things start picking up.

Proper final would be nice, but just too many have made characters and involved them then poofed, to do such we'd need to do a small reset and bring it to a close with 2-3 of us. I suppose for this RP it would involved the death of Evil Crusher.....

I do have one idea for that, would tie into how he came to be a second time with in the RP too, a few years ago Evil Crusher appeared through a rift, the voices of Crusher and maybe a glimps of Stoneza could be seen as they tried to banish him, maybe we could close the RP down with that, complete the time paradox and the RP in one swoop.

I'd be ok pushing my self to help us conclude the RP.

As for your question..... to be honest its why I stopped joining RP's here, too many people can't be bothered to commit, they show up few posts get bored leave with no reason. Even when I was healthy I started sticking to 1x1's cause at least then you and one other could stay active and not worry about people popping in and leaving.

An epic final battle would've been sweet but there's just not enough commitment. If you want to do something between the two of us then I'm game.

So basically your idea is revisiting the past, correct? I'm not sure what you mean though by hearing voices.

I was actually stalking a 1x1 roleplay not long ago and guess what someone decided not to do? *sigh*

Edited by Booo