sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

There's going to be a fight, could be interesting if Otto shows up then. I'll post today once I've finished errands.

I can post as Seldash and Tulvir, but I have a smol idea for Seishins' intro post (if he ever approves) that I could work off of

Hm...looks like we don't have any new players coming in. That's a surprise. Last time we had open spots, people filled in for a chance; and even before spots opened tongue.gif

Oh so that's why you aren't posting. laugh.gif I'll look at it again when I get back.

There's going to be a fight, could be interesting if Otto shows up then. I'll post today once I've finished errands.

Cool. Posting.

Also, I dunno what you have planned for Zed, but I am very curious about it.

Looks like Crushers past might be of come to bite him in the butt.

Still living and lurkin, moving right now though causing the head injury to hurt more so then normal.

Don't let me stop you from posting, I'm busy today and tomorrow anyway.

@LLD Don't hesitate to let me know if I post something as Crusher that seems out of character.

Also, I dunno what you have planned for Zed, but I am very curious about it.

Well since the mundane of the same name no longer RPs with us I thought I'd have her switch sides, but chances are she won't survive under Crusher's claws. She was used to....deliver a message so to speak.

Everything I see so far is all good with him.

I don't know how long I'll be out sadly, the docs more or less said they can't do anything now and they can't give a ETA either. Its been 5 dang months already.

Username: MyaMouse

Name: Echo Silver

Type/Breed: Guardian

Power: Guardian powers? OOH! He can make a bubble shield out of (Uh. Air? What about he takes materials from around him? Chunks of dirt could get ripped up, rock torn from the ground, leaves taken from trees, and it depends on what he makes it out of how strong it is) around any ally, though not himself.

If I can have two, it'd be cool if he also had some kind of kinesis- maybe some kind of ability to bend metals to his will..?

Personality: Echo is timid around new people but open to meeting others. Albeit being generally sweet and kind-hearted, he can be extremely bipolar, friendly one moment and terribly angry or sad the next. He prefers to be alone with his thoughts or with closer friends, but is very trusting and likes to hang out with everyone when he's happy. He's a softie but with a darker side that he only shows to his enemies, a sadistic side that derives pleasure from pain and torture of people who have wronged his family and friends.

Don't let him be alone. You don't want him to start thinking too deeply, or he might break...

Appearance: Normal I'd assume.

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling, almost adult (Like maybe another year or even a few months, like 5 or 6)

History: I dunnoooo. I'll fix this when I come up with somethiiing.

Extra: SPACE!

Also woo I tried to make him like me and yeah I guess it's kinda like me as in extremely violent if I have a reason but generally kind albeit being EXTREMELY irritable like the smallest thing will piss me off

Also help me with the history WHY CAN'T I THINK OF A HISTORY WHY ARE YOU ALL SO GOOD AT THIS PART

I worked 13 hours yesterday and I've been tired today. That's my excuse. tongue.gif Oh and I have a guitar lesson tomorrow but I should be able to post after.

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Name: Supirichuaru, meaning spiritual. Often called "Seishin" or spirit, for simplicity.

Type/Breed: Shimmer-scale

Power: Seishin specializes in power in relation to spirits and souls. When he wishes to use a power, say, shoot a small flame, he uses his staff and calls upon the spirits he worships to bless him with temporary power. As he must call upon these spirits for power, the spirits decide whether or not he should be granted the power for the time being. They make these decisions based on the situation, and his age/maturity level, and whether or not the situation is ultimately desperate. If it's a huge power, they're likely to say no. However, if it is small, such as healing a scratch, they'll probably grant the power.

With his beliefs, he holds great knowledge on the spirits, and other "voodoo" topics.

Personality:

He is used to social activity and teamwork, living in a group himself before. As such, he is generally open and friendly, feeling like a friendship with other dragons will please the spirits. He is not one you would consider impulsive and violent, and his teachings have made him rather knowledgeable. He tends to give advice, and while it sometimes doesn't make sense, he thinks it'll work.

He likes being helpful, and likes pleasing others. He is willing to do many things for who leads him; the downside to that is, if somebody with dark intents gets him on their side, he'll do anything for them.

Appearance: Instead of being one of the three normal color variants, he is a deep blue, almost purple. His back fur is white, royalblue and white. A couple of red feathers are tied to his tail, and he wears a Gold bracelet on his front right foot. He wears a Shimmerscale skull on his head.

Age/Stage: Mature hatchling, between just matured and adult

History: As said in his personality, he once lived in a clan before. His clan worshipped and lived by the ways of the spirits, and he was raised to do so. Every hatchling was raised and tested in their knowledge, in hopes of them growing up to be one of them. Exiles did happen, but they were few and rare. It only happened once when Seishin was a wee hatchling, so he grew up knowing only the threat of exile, and whispers and rumors on how it actually happened.

After the Aging ceremony, where the matured hatchlings received their staffs and spirits, their celebration was interrupted by a horrifying scream. One of theirs was dead, with their voice box torn out of their throat.

The killer revealed himself to be the bone-platted Vampire, the one who haunted and still haunts many dreams. Most of the clan met their fate that day as the vamp crushed eggs, ate hatchlings, and murdered adults. Few escaped that day, some of them taking the few surviving eggs with them. Seishin was one of those, staff in one paw (?) and the egg cradled in another.

Extra:

-His staff is a deep mahogany stick with some cloth and feathers wrapped around it. An orb rests on top with swirls of blue (fun fact: the blue is the same color as his scales)

-The egg his carries is a Shimmer-scale egg, and it's a shiny orange. Hmmm....

-Would anybody mind playing the hatchling in the egg when it hatches?

The thing that concerns me most his power. A character gaining a random power without explanation is usually frowned upon, even if it's not super powerful. And I know you explained that he gets it from spirits, but I'm not sure that's really a good enough reason without expanding on it. However, there are ways we can change it slightly so it dosn't sound Mary-sue without ditching it completely. Perhaps there are only certain spirits who can aid him, much like how Undine dragons are blessed by water spirits who share the same territory. Maybe the orb on his staff is 'blessed' somehow? (That actually seems to be the case judging by what you've already wrote?)

Also maybe you could explain if his color is really rare or if it's a common trait among his clan.

As for the orange egg, I can't guarantee anyone will want to RP him/her and personally I'm not ready to take on another character. You may want to consider ditching the egg idea unless you want to take on a 4th character.

I went ahead and made a few spelling corrections but there weren't very many so no worries.

Side note: PLEASE consider posting as Tulvir or Seldash. I find it kinda odd that you don't want to post until Seishin is accepted when you already have 2 characters.

@Mouse Sorry I didn't see you post your char sheet. I'll critique it tomorrow.

Edited by Booo

I did originally think that a few spirits were assigned to him when he was blessed with his staff, as hinted in here;

where the matured hatchlings received their staffs and spirits,

So the spirits they receive are the only ones who can aid them.

Oh, forgot to mention that the clan was a clan of Shimmerscales. The funky colors were normal, though there was not too many of each color. So it's not really a rare trait- it wasn't in his clan, though it probably is in the world as a whole.

I can take on a fourth character if nobody wants the egg, yes. I can usually handle at least that many. However, the egg isn't hatching for a while, so plenty of time to decide.

Alright, I'll consider posting as those two. I wanted to bang them out all together, but whatever. I'm not going to be stiff

I would point out, whats to keep you from just grabbing the needed power for every critical situation? Little too open for abuse.

I would point out, whats to keep you from just grabbing the needed power for every critical situation? Little too open for abuse.

Maybe we could talk about it in OOC if the requested power is large (or any power, if you wish?) I'm willing to talk about these kinds of things.

That would only add another level that you'd need to rely on for those involved to be on at the time and looking at the ooc. Would be better RP mechanic wise to pick a power or have a small selection of premade powers to use rather then current.

Aw dammit, I had a whole idea and then because of that it had to he scrapped because I didn't read the sheet oops.

I was going to say, what if those spirits only had a certain amount of power to give him? Maybe they only could give him so much before their supply was exhausted and they had to regenerate it. It would take a few weeks or even a month for them to get back to full power depending on how much power he asked for. The spirits might only grant him small things if it wasn't life-threatening, like, if he fell down and asked if they could heal a scratch on him then it would be fine, but if he asked for, like, to be able to move all rocks out of his path with his mind so he didn't fall then they would say no. However if he was being chased by a more powerful dragon and there were rocks in the way of his escape, and he asked for aforementioned power, they might say yes.

Also, it's fine, Booo. Attend to life before internet.

Edited by MyaMouse

Aw dammit, I had a whole idea and then because of that it had to he scrapped because I didn't read the sheet oops.

I was going to say, what if those spirits only had a certain amount of power to give him? Maybe they only could give him so much before their supply was exhausted and they had to regenerate it. It would take a few weeks or even a month for them to get back to full power depending on how much power he asked for. The spirits might only grant him small things if it wasn't life-threatening, like, if he fell down and asked if they could heal a scratch on him then it would be fine, but if he asked for, like, to be able to move all rocks out of his path with his mind so he didn't fall then they would say no. However if he was being chased by a more powerful dragon and there were rocks in the way of his escape, and he asked for aforementioned power, they might say yes.

Also, it's fine, Booo. Attend to life before internet.

That's a great idea! That sounds like it could work, so I'm not ditching the spirit idea but not being so OP.

For such we'd need to know how much power they could supply. Like healing a scratch can happen 30 times before running out, but stopping a bolder size of a large truck that was falling at full speed can only happen once or twice ect.

I can take on a fourth character if nobody wants the egg, yes. I can usually handle at least that many. However, the egg isn't hatching for a while, so plenty of time to decide.

Alright, I'll consider posting as those two. I wanted to bang them out all together, but whatever. I'm not going to be stiff

Good to hear. I hope I didn't sound too strict about that. ^^'

That would only add another level that you'd need to rely on for those involved to be on at the time and looking at the ooc. Would be better RP mechanic wise to pick a power or have a small selection of premade powers to use rather then current.

This is sort of what I meant when I suggested that only certain spirits can aid him. Fire spirits could allow him to shoot fire, or water spirits to manipulate water, etc.

Just a meager pile of resources to sustain a group like them for a while, which amounted to barely half a meal for a brute dragon. Such scarce gains were not worth the effort of getting into a scrap over, so the disgruntled dragon exhaled some fumes, and proceeded deeper into the cave, somewhat curious about its contents further down, disregarding any of the other dragons within it in the process. The place seemed to stretch down towards the base of the mountain through a stairway-like spiraling downwards path, into a dark and cavernous underbelly that wafted of many unpleasant things. The stench of decay was prevalent, hints of rotting wood and uncleaned waste from sources unknown were evident with but a few sniffs. Pests. -the brute thought, then took another big whiff...

They actually haven't gone that far down yet. There's the crystal dome when you enter and a second room with books, trinkets and whatnot down a level, but no one knows what's further down other than Zeditha.

Edited by Booo

Username: MyaMouse

Name: Echo Silver

Type/Breed:  Guardian

Power: Guardian powers? OOH! He can make a bubble shield out of (Uh. Air? What about he takes materials from around him? Chunks of dirt could get ripped up, rock torn from the ground, leaves taken from trees, and it depends on what he makes it out of how strong it is) around any ally, though not himself.

If I can have two, it'd be cool if he also had some kind of kinesis- maybe some kind of ability to bend metals to his will..?

Personality: Echo is timid around new people but open to meeting others. Albeit being generally sweet and kind-hearted, he can be extremely bipolar, friendly one moment and terribly angry or sad the next. He prefers to be alone with his thoughts or with closer friends, but is very trusting and likes to hang out with everyone when he's happy. He's a softie but with a darker side that he only shows to his enemies, a sadistic side that derives pleasure from pain and torture of people who have wronged his family and friends.

Don't let him be alone. You don't want him to start thinking too deeply, or he might break...

Appearance: Normal I'd assume.

Age/Stage: Mature Hatchling, almost adult (Like maybe another year or even a few months, like 5 or 6)

History: I dunnoooo. I'll fix this when I come up with somethiiing.

Extra: SPACE!

Also woo I tried to make him like me and yeah I guess it's kinda like me as in extremely violent if I have a reason but generally kind albeit being EXTREMELY irritable like the smallest thing will piss me off

Also help me with the history WHY CAN'T I THINK OF A HISTORY WHY ARE YOU ALL SO GOOD AT THIS PART

There actually was a Guardian in the RP at one point who had some control over the earth and could attract rocks to himself like a magnet to act as armor. I think it would be neat to see that again, but you should mention what the drawbacks are. I don't think air is going to work though, I have a hard time imagining how one would make a shield out of that (but I'm open to debate as always).

You mention that he "derives pleasure from pain and torture of people who have wronged his family and friends" but who are they and what did they do? You could include that in his history and we'll throw out suggestions if you're stuck.

And here's a guide I found on Tumblr that you might find helpful.

How to: Create a fictional character

Tumblr also has a crap-ton of of character refs on topics like how to RP someone with multiple personalities.

Edited by Booo

There actually was a Guardian in the RP at one point who had some control over the earth and could attract rocks to himself like a magnet to act as armor. I think it would be neat to see that again, but you should mention what the drawbacks are. I don't think air is going to work though, I have a hard time imagining how one would make a shield out of that (but I'm open to debate as always).

You mention that he "derives pleasure from pain and torture of people who have wronged his family and friends" but who are they and what did they do? You could include that in his history and we'll throw out suggestions if you're stuck.

And here's a guide I found on Tumblr that you might find helpful.

How to: Create a fictional character

Tumblr also has a crap-ton of of character refs on topics like how to RP someone with multiple personalities.

HAHAHAHA WELL I COULD NAME ONE DRAGON

Air as in like air moving so quickly that it repels everything that touches it? I dunno.

I'm really drawing a blank on the history, only that I want to include three very specific dragons, one who he hates and two who are his friends (one or both deceased, I'd rather one but then I'd probably bring in the alive one later and ugh I'm bad about making new characters for the sake of making new characters) how he figured out his powers and that he's a sadistic maniac when triggered but *shrug*

Hi guys, I've obviously been too busy for the RP and will be until November 2nd. I didn't post before because I was waiting for Ælex to see my message but it didn't occur to me at the time that I could work around what he already posted. :/ I'll still be checking my e-mail notifs if you want to ask me something.

Mouse, my brain doesn't want to work either. What I can suggest though is you might want to steer away from including Evil Crusher drama in his history. It's been used a lot and it would be nice to have a little more variety, rather then the same guy being the source of everyone's nightmares. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Booo

I didn't post before because I was waiting for Ælex to see my message but it didn't occur to me at the time that I could work around what he already posted.

user posted image

Hi guys, I've obviously been too busy for the RP and will be until November 1st. I didn't post before because I was waiting for Ælex to see my message but it didn't occur to me at the time that I could work around what he already posted. :/ I'll still be checking my e-mail notifs if you want to ask me something.

Mouse, my brain doesn't want to work either. What I can suggest though is you might want to steer away from including Evil Crusher drama in his history. It's been used a lot and it would be nice to have a little more variety, rather then the same guy being the source of everyone's nightmares. I hope that makes sense.

Nah nah man it's not him. It's someone else.

His friends were Sylar Thrush and Ignatia Sharp but Sylar was killed by Hailon Rogue, and Echo killed Hailon and now Ignatia is sorta afraid of him but is still his friend. I might introduce her later.

The reason he wants to defeat Evil Crusher is because Ignatia's brother was a devout follower of him but was killed on a mission and it caused Ignatia a lot of grief even though she knew it was his fault for accepting a dangerous mission, but Echo didn't like seeing her upset, so.

WHY CAN I NOT SPELL THIS IS BULL I HAD LIKE FOUR SPELLING ERRORS I HAD TO CORRECT

To Ælex:

They actually haven't gone that far down yet. There's the crystal dome when you enter and a second room with books, trinkets and whatnot down a level, but no one knows what's further down other than Zeditha.

@Mouse Sounds like you have a good start, but I think you forgot to mention who Hailon Rogue is and why he killed Syler. You might want to to give a brief description of each of his friends in Echo's history so we can better understand Echo and his friend's motives.