TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Agh, now I absolutely can't wait for rare x rare breeding! I have so many ideas about metallic x holiday and I want to try them out. @_@ *excitement overload*

I think that if i had my preference I would have in order:

1) Increased egg limits Thanksgiving and yes I know it said early December on the post I'm just wishful that way (that way they'll be in place in case there is some sort of Thanksgiving event.

2) Wouldn't it be neat if we received a turkey to place on our scrolls (somewhat like the chicken idea but a big turkey) rather than a new release?

3) Teleport should follow logically the increased limits I think

4) Fertility bsa after that

Everything else include biomes going into the New Year.

I really, really hope I'm right. I'm sooooo scroll-locked right now it would be great to have the increased egg limits for Christmas. Then no worries about space for the new Xmas Dragons. smile.gif

What, like a dead turkey? No thanks!

I feel sick just walking down the meat aisle in the supermarket. It just reminds me of all the lives that have been lost to satisfy the human craving for blood.

Christmas is the worst time for that. Even if I manage to avoid that particular section of the supermarket there are people walking around with carcasses in their trolleys, heaving them onto the checkouts - it's just so upsetting to someone like me.

And even though it would only be pixels, I would still feel bad about the imaginary fowl that had been slaughtered, or even the billions of lives lost to inspire such a thing.

So please, next time you are devouring your Christmas dinner, spare a thought or two for the lives that were given to make it. Okay? sad.gif

/off-topic rant

Yay! My CB split just grew up, so I can go hunting again! Can't wait for the new egg-limits! biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see what TJ decides to code in first. >.< its driving me nuts.

It's already coded in.

It's just being tested.

It's already coded in.

It's just being tested.

And on another server, so any lag/strangeness we see is NOT down to that !

How about a nice live turkey badge, for those on line that day ?

I can't wait to try and breed my CB Silver's together. I only pray there won't be an outright refusal. unsure.gif

Nothing new yet??! Argh! Patience has NEVER been my strong suit! tongue.gif I think a nice turkey to Keep Lauren Bacc Bacc Baccall company at the head of my Scroll would be awesome!

I just died and went to heaven. Although, if it were April 1st, it'd be the best b-day gift EVER [snce that's my bday [: ]! I am spazzing out now and can't wait for them to be implemented. biggrin.gif

Edited by Kia_Kalix

I seem to remember Sock saying that it worked the way I was describing, maybe 30-ish pages into the thread?  Sorry, I didn't save the post, though (and now that I think about it I'm not 100% sure it was Sock. unsure.gif Seems like it was somebody who would know, though.)
Ah, got it. Well, I guess we wait and see, then! xd.png

What, like a dead turkey? No thanks!

And even though it would only be pixels, I would still feel bad about the imaginary fowl that had been slaughtered, or even the billions of lives lost to inspire such a thing.

So please, next time you are devouring your Christmas dinner, spare a thought or two for the lives that were given to make it. Okay? sad.gif

*er-hem* avoids own freezer because of knowing there are the mutilated corpses of three hand-raised chickens in there* I don't know what's worse: having family members that willingly slaughter or watching helplessly as McDonalds, KFC, and FRIKIN' SUPERMARKETS continue their mass-producing torture chambers of sacrifice.

Hello! Yeah, no corpses on my scroll, please. A live turkey, maybe. But the point is still there. Now for other people: go research what those pilgrims did after they feasted.

...Sorry about the off-topicness. sad.gif I tried to cut myself short!

Nothing new yet??! Argh! Patience has NEVER been my strong suit! tongue.gif I think a nice turkey to Keep Lauren Bacc Bacc Baccall company at the head of my Scroll would be awesome!
We have a time frame now! Come wait for December with us! *pulls up a chair and gives you popcorn* Were watching the "Awesomesauce new features coming let's stalk the thread for no reason" movie! cool.gif

I'm most excited for the binomes, I can't wait to see what categories each dragons fall under! I wonder what Nebulas would be under...space? I can't say I'm too excited for the rare x rare breeding, but that's just because I have a grand total of three metallics on my scroll.

Uhh, guys - the Cave is being weird....is something going onnnnn????

It's been empty most of the day here.

I feel sick just walking down the meat aisle in the supermarket. It just reminds me of all the lives that have been lost to satisfy the human craving for blood.

you've craved for the blood of a dead animal at one point in your life. even if you didn't know it.

Is the cave very, very down for anyone else? O.o

*Edit* Ahaha, nevermind, it's back. tongue.gif

Edited by TheAntimonyElement

Cave gets laggy/stops responding and I get all excited, thinking maybe something is being released. Then I remember seeing that it probably won't be till around early December. tongue.gif

Is the cave very, very down for anyone else? O.o

*Edit* Ahaha, nevermind, it's back. tongue.gif

Yep, its going off and on for me.xP

Yep, its going off and on for me.xP

Same here for me.

Hopefully TJ fixes the lag issues again.

Or maybe get some Lagmonster repellent spray xP

I remember watching an old movie waaaaay back when, and at one point in it two girls, sharing a room in an obviously haunted house, had the lights go out among other strange occurrences.

When the lights came back on, the one girl thanked the other for holding her hand to comfort her, but the other said it hadn't been her, and much speculation arose as to who had been holding her hand, since no-one else was in the room.

The comment about testing (stated to have already been done) having occurred on a different server and having nothing to do with 'any lag/strangeness we see' made me think of this, lol.

But while testing may have been done on another server, surely the programming has to be installed on this one?

I'm hoping something like that is the cause.

Because if the site's this weird independently without anything being done to it, what would it be like when the new stuff starts kicking in?

*removes speculators and jumps up and down on them, because some ideas are too horrible to face* xd.png

(Though I'm very glad to hear the issues I had last night are not entirely due to this puter glitching and that I wasted the evening running 3 different scans for nothing.)

I love watching how much panic ensues from Cave glitchiness. The fact that we're waiting for the Updates makes that much more fun to watch and participate in. xd.png

Well, when it comes to the badges, I wish there was a way to hide them myself. Not that they aren't pretty (they are indeed), and I had fun hunting for the Festival of eggs. But the only ones I really want displayed on my scroll are the Trophy badges. The others just aren't my thing.

*sigh* But, I suppose I'm just a small minority, so.... *shrug*

The comment about testing (stated to have already been done) having occurred on a different server and having nothing to do with 'any lag/strangeness we see' made me think of this, lol.

But while testing may have been done on another server, surely the programming has to be installed on this one?

I'm hoping something like that is the cause.

And while TJ did say some of the features may be out in early December, he didn't say yes or no to any in November. I still think 11/22/2010 looks like an interesting number combination, worthy of at least one little new feature! rolleyes.gif

I live in hope! laugh.gif

I know the testing is going on another server like our testing area on our claims system in work that is separate from the actual production area but I'm trying to understand why the site is flickering on and off like a candle in a strong wind. One second up next second down. blink.gif

I know the testing is going on another server like our testing area on our claims system in work that is separate from the actual production area but I'm trying to understand why the site is flickering on and off like a candle in a strong wind. One second up next second down. blink.gif

It definitely is getting annoying, lol. I think I'm going to hold of on trading/gifting for a bit, at least until things steady for a bit. I can yell at my dragons and (try to) Cave hunt in the meantime. tongue.gif

I love watching how much panic ensues from Cave glitchiness.

I am sure that TJ has an on/off switch for the cave that he toggles occasionally at random odd moments just for the giggles.

Edited by WraithZephyr

It definitely is getting annoying, lol. I think I'm going to hold of on trading/gifting for a bit, at least until things steady for a bit. I can yell at my dragons and (try to) Cave hunt in the meantime. tongue.gif

It is definitely in yo-yo mode right now! I've got a collection of hatchies about to grow up, with one slot opening for quick hunt in the cave, then I plan to breed at least 3, maybe 4, locking me up for another two days, so, of course, it will lag now! blink.gif I have this link, http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/dragcave.net and can just refresh the page, as it works much faster than loading the actual cave page. rolleyes.gif

And WraithZephyr, maybe you're on to something there! xd.png