TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

You can grab so long as grabbing does not make you violate the limit.

If you have no badge, your total limit is 12. If you're "egg-locked" with 4 eggs, adding a hatchling will give you 5 total, which doesn't violate the limit of 12. So you can grab it.

It's a lot more lenient than people think.

@MisunderstoodDreamer, this is what TJ said about picking hatchlings while egg-locked:

this will be true. you will be able to take more hatchies even if you are egg-locked.

Ok, if this is true I repost my answer. Let's say that I haven't a badge. I already have 4 eggs (egg-locked) but, as I can take hatchies, I take all I can until the limit, so I have 12 growing items (4 eggs + 8 hatchies). But I forgot that an egg will hatch in a hour, the hour passes and now I have 3 eggs and 9 hatchies. The new hachie "takes an egg slot" (as the items are still 12) or, as I can have only 8 hatchies, it will be autoabandoned?

There is no limit on hatchies, just the total number allowed. If you have 12 or less you are OK. It doesn't say anywhere that you can only have 8 hatchlings.

There is no limit on hatchies, just the total number allowed. If you have 12 or less you are OK. It doesn't say anywhere that you can only have 8 hatchlings.

Ok, so even if I fill myself with eggs and hatchies, I'll not lose anything as hatching eggs takes their own slot when becomes hatchling. Yay for total limit! biggrin.gif Thank you!

ninja.gif'd ! I would say - No.

Just as it isn't now (even leaving aside the extra egg one can breed) - if you have 5 hatchies and 4 eggs and one egg hatches you don't lose it - and in fact, you CAN end up with 9 hatchies, in unusual circumstances.

But if you were up to 12 altogether, 3 eggs and 9 hatchies, I'm sure you also couldn't add a 4th egg !

Edited by fuzzbucket

I though I understood the changes fairly well, then people started posting questions and answers and went and confused me, lol!!

Ah, gotta love it!

ninja.gif'd ! I would say - No.

Just as it isn't now (even leaving aside the extra egg one can breed) - if you have 5 hatchies and 4 eggs and one egg hatches you don't lose it - and in fact, you CAN end up with 9 hatchies, in unusual circumstances.

But if you were up to 12 altogether, 3 eggs and 9 hatchies, I'm sure you also couldn't add a 4th egg !

Now we can't go up to 9 hatchies because after being locked by 4 eggs we can't pick hatchies, and if we are locked by 4 hatchies we can't pick eggs or hatchies. For me the problem was that we'll be without these limitation, but as we'll have a total limit (not egg/hatchies related) now I can be quiet.

The new egg limits are DEFINITELY going to be really weird at first. I'm looking forward to messing around with it, but yeah, no doubt it's going to be a huge adjustment.

So excited for these to start being implemented!

Now we can't go up to 9 hatchies because after being locked by 4 eggs we can't pick hatchies, and if we are locked by 4 hatchies we can't pick eggs or hatchies. For me the problem was that we'll be without these limitation, but as we'll have a total limit (not egg/hatchies related) now I can be quiet.

Say you have 4 hatchlings and 3 eggs. You cannot pick anymore eggs, but you can breed 2 more so you have 5 eggs and 4 hatchlings. If you incubate the eggs, or the hatchlings are on low views, or fogged, you can hatch the eggs before the hatchlings grow up and you can have 9 hatchlings at the same time. I see no point in doing it, but it is possible.

Pity that 21 Eggs at once are not possible (if I got that right) - because that would be really fun xd.png

That's something I don't get, and have been pondering--why can't we just have a grand total of 12/15/18/21 growing things on our scroll, regardless of whether they are eggs or hatchlings? Why can I have 6 eggs and 12 hatchlings, or 0 eggs and 18 hatchlings (or some other combination) rather than having 18 eggs, or just 18 "growing things" period?

Exactly.

My point of view is, that it shouldn't matter what you have - eggs or hatchies - the most important thing is that you don't cross the limit.

But I think it is sorta "rule" for the game to have separate egg and hatchie limits...

Pity, really.

Edited by Aurora-Silver

That's something I don't get, and have been pondering--why can't we just have a grand total of 12/15/18/21 growing things on our scroll, regardless of whether they are eggs or hatchlings? Why can I have 6 eggs and 12 hatchlings, or 0 eggs and 18 hatchlings (or some other combination) rather than having 18 eggs, or just 18 "growing things" period?

Say thanks to TJ because at least we can have more than 4 eggs! biggrin.gif

Say thanks to TJ because at least we can have more than 4 eggs! biggrin.gif

NO..... 4 eggs is still the limit (and more so as you cannot get an extra by breeding after this comes in) until you have a bronze badge.

NO..... 4 eggs is still the limit (and more so as you cannot get an extra by breeding after this comes in) until you have a bronze badge.

But I think that´s good smile.gif

I´m a bit indecided if I want more eggs or fertility first. Or rare x rare.

But I think that´s good smile.gif

I´m a bit indecided if I want more eggs or fertility first. Or rare x rare.

I'm fine with it too - just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding

Then again - I have a silver trophy ! I COULD be prejudiced... (6 eggs and 12 hatchies, total of 18 limit - YESSSS !)

Teleport first - please. I sometimes gift to someone with dialup. Some days it works; at the moment I wouldn't even TRY !

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'm looking forward to the raised limits most - 7/21 for me. smile.gif

If people could have 12/18/21 eggs, the main page (or the biomes) would be absolutely crowded with people clicking on anything on sight. Then, the AP would be overflowing with unwanted eggs... and let's not think about crowded new releases. You think Halloween was bad? It would be 4 times worse if people could pick 4 times the amount of eggs!

What's the point in having so many more eggs?

Being able to raise more dragons/ grow army of dragons faster?

Sorry, I was speaking for myself (near to Silver badge biggrin.gif) not in general.

Has transferring using the code been disabled with Teleporting on the horizon? I can not catch a thing using the code, but I have found them still in the AP - commons only of course.

Has transferring using the code been disabled with Teleporting on the horizon? I can not catch a thing using the code, but I have found them still in the AP - commons only of course.

It hadn't been yesterday. But it may have been by now !

Three hours ago it still worked for me (caught an egg from the community notice board using the code).