TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

As soon as my eggs grow up I'll have a silver trophy! And just in time for the new limits! -Kermit flail-

The fifth egg isn't a glitch as far as I know.

TJ just wants to make the limit less complicated.

I've read about this around here. New limits are also for correct this.

Where does it say it's a glitch ?

I don't remembre well, but an user asked about the 5th egg like you did and another answered saying what I wrote. I'm trying to find it, hoping that they used exactly the word "glitch" and not "error".

The fifth bred egg was never a glitch. The only glitch that's being corrected in these updates is AP trading being replaced with Teleport.

The fifth bred egg was never a glitch. The only glitch that's being corrected in these updates is AP trading being replaced with Teleport.

But it's still going away - right ?

But it's still going away - right ?

Yep, it is. Limits are going to be a lot more lenient after they've been implemented.

I found it. Page 53, serook77's posts. There are other users in the same page that have doubts on this being a glitch, I don't know where he found this and what are his sources. I hope that he didn't invent this, how you can say to others a lie?

Edit: Well, some posts below he said himself that it was an his thought. Sorry guys, I haven't noticed this sad.gif.

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

The fifth egg from breeding is going away, yes. It was never a glitch, just a way to encourage breeding back when there were less users, and there were few eggs in the AP. Doing away with it now just makes the new eggs limits simpler, and keeps the increase down to a reasonable level.

wait what?

if the new egg limits are 7 why can´t we breed 5 eggs?

Edited by Nalyua

wait what?

if the new egg limits are 7 why can´t we breed 5 eggs?

You can. You just can't breed an 8th once you have your 7, like how you can breed a 5th when you have 4 now.

Yessss, I have been searching the threads because I didn't want to get into trouble for posting a duplicate request.

I was going to request that the scroll link at the top of a scroll was split into a My Scroll and Scroll to view all the dragons on the scroll you are already looking at.

I love the option to see just the eggs and hatchlings because it saves lag when clicking, but I often missed not viewing the other dragons, The new option you listed here should solve that problem. Thank you!!!

I found it. Page 53, serook77's posts. There are other users in the same page that have doubts on this being a glitch, I don't know where he found this and what are his sources. I hope that he didn't invent this, how you can say to others a lie?

Edit: Well, some posts below he said himself that it was an his thought. Sorry guys, I haven't noticed this sad.gif.

No worries. Just - when things ARE glitches we have to be expecting them to be fixed; if they are supposed to be that way, we can enjoy them and not worry about them going away - so I like to KNOW what things are glitches ! (Like, I rather enjoy the current trading glitch, and I'll miss it - but I knew it was a glitch, so I haven't trusted it TOO much !)

I agree with you, except there would probably be one more. Considering Skywings and Balloons are always flying.

Really can't wait for the features Teej!

Plus I think the IRC went dead. blink.gif

Skywings aren't always flying. They are even semi aquatic/on land, according to the original info on them.

Also, do want new egg limits <3

Edited by grimace

omg, is that cave lag i see??

./teleportteleportteleport -shot-

Also, did I hear that one of the features may be enabled by the start of december? Just wondering, it piqued my interest.

Also, did I hear that one of the features may be enabled by the start of december? Just wondering, it piqued my interest.

Yes, TJ edited his first post in this thread adding in Timeline that a number of this new features could be added in the early days of December.

Guys, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and cave lag is just the cave being laggy.

If the features "may be added early December", they are currently not expected to be released any earlier than December.

Yes, TJ edited his first post in this thread adding in Timeline that a number of this new features could be added in the early days of December.

Awesomecakes. Hope its Teleport, Fertility, and maybe the vampire lineages!

We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

i'm hoping for the new egg limits soon, but after I get 50 more dragons (which gives me a gold trophy...)

Does this mean we can only get 4 eggs?

Once the new limits are in place, if you have no trophy you will only be able to have four eggs on your scroll at a time, regardless of whether they were bred or taken from the cave.

Does this mean we can only get 4 eggs?

No Trophy: max 4 eggs (12 total egg/hatchling combo)

Bronze Trophy: max 5 eggs (15 total egg/hatchling combo)

Silver Trophy: max 6 eggs (18 total egg/hatchling combo)

Gold Trophy: max 7 eggs (21 total egg/hatchling combo)

These are indeed features that people have wished for!

Still, I have some questions.

Rare x Rare Breeding: by having this kind of breeding be less fertile, it means fewer unwanted non-rares will be abandoned, without rares becoming more common.

However, if gold x gold produces gold offspring at the same rate as gold x pink, then gold x pink + canopy x gold would produce twice as many, so people might not bother taking advantage of this feature.

Egg/Hatchling Limits: it takes 4 days for an egg to hatch, and 4 days for a hatchling to mature. So while this can correct some occasional bottlenecks, it doesn't really increase the limit that much, right?

Teleport: letting people trade dragons effectively and without risk seems to me to be a good thing. I assume that any rares I see in the abandoned page are likely to belong to someone, and only try to find rares in the cave. Breeding now produces one egg at a time, so rares aren't produced that way any more.