TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I'm guessing there will be around 6 biomes; sea, rain forest, mountains, grassland, forest, and desert

EDIT: oooooh yeah, you're right Tsukoyami!!! but wait... wouldn't skywings and Balloons have to lay eggs on the ground or on a mountain? blink.gif Cuz I rly don't think they can have eggs floating in the air... except for daydreams, their eggs are floating on clouds... oh... maybe they lay their eggs in clouds? So a "sky/cloud" biome xd.png

Edited by Jaako

I hope the BSAs come out in time for the holidays.

I think the rest of the changes can wait.

I'm guessing there will be around 6 biomes; sea, rain forest, mountains, grassland, forest, and desert

I agree with you, except there would probably be one more. Considering Skywings and Balloons are always flying.

Really can't wait for the features Teej!

Plus I think the IRC went dead. blink.gif

there is a CB harvest egg in the wilderness oO

Edit: now there are three...

Edit again: now there is 4...

Edited by Zephyr_Drake

there is a CB harvest egg in the wilderness oO

Edit: now there are three...

Yup yup, the wild harvest dragons are breeding! biggrin.gif hope they don't die, we lost the sweetlings last year to softshell D:

EDIT: now there's four! yayz!!

Edited by Jaako

but others have wild linaged dragons that came from the wilderness and can see the clutchmates that are still wild...

Nope, the ones born in the wilderness don't have lineages. They appear to be "CB" because their father and mother are wild, and therefore aren't kept track of.

Actually not true.

Some dragons born in the wild do have lineages. Their parents are Wild, but the parents of the Wild dragons are on scrolls. It's possible for dragons to be CB and Wild, but not all Wild dragons are CB.

EDIT: Also, I forgot if this was answered.... Does Fertility affect the breeding outcome with rares x holidays?

Edited by Tsukoyami

I'm would guess that GoNs will stay unbreedable. Nothing about this release implies that they would be otherwise.

Feel free to double-check your calendar if you don't believe me, but no, it's not April 1st yet. And pinch yourself all you wish, you're not dreaming. These features are really happening. That said, these features are not yet available. (Which might seem obvious, but who knows?)

Egg/Hatchling Limits

• Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.
  • With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total
  • Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total
  • Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total
Fertility
  • Purple BSA increases the chance of whatever dragon you choose breeding successfully.
  • Does not alter the chance of getting a specific breed of egg.
  • Two week cooldown
Locations
  • Eggs split up into different biomes
  • Fewer people viewing each biome means fewer people vying for each individual egg.
  • Want a water-based dragon? Chances are you'll find them near the beach. Tropical dragons? In a jungle.
  • Rares will show up in all biomes.
Rare x Rare breeding
  • Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)
  • gold x gold has the same chance of producing a gold egg as gold x pink, so this won't make rares super-easy to get.
Refusals in breeding list
  • Once a pair has refused, it will cease to show up on the breeding page.
  • This will work for all pairs that have refused each other since June 14, 2010.
Renaming
  • Unlimited, you can rename your dragon as much as you wish.
  • Currently no option to remove a name, only replace it.
S1 Freezing
  • Whatever stage you freeze in is where it stays
  • Existing frozen hatchlings will not be affected.
  • I may release a tool that lets people take existing "S1 frozen" hatchlings (which are accomplished merely by low views) and "convert" them to proper S1 frozens.
Scroll Pages
  • Each user sets how many dragons they wish to view per-page.
  • User setting is applied for all scrolls that user views.
Teleport
  • Magi BSA provides 2-way trading or 1-way transferring
  • Up to four eggs/hatchlings at a time
Vampire Lineages
  • Vampire eggs (and up) show what dragon bit them.
  • Vampire dragons show what eggs they have bitten.
  • Existing lineage is unaffected.
Timeframe: None right now, but everything is done being coded. A number of these may appear in early December.

This is the topic, (Please post off topic questions in the Help section.)

you've craved for the blood of a dead animal at one point in your life. even if you didn't know it.

I never said I haven't, but that said I don't think I have. It doesn't really matter though.

I didn't mean to sound snobby, if that is how it came out, I just get upset easily. I think I was already feeling a little upset because of a certain Morrisons advert.

Some people need to eat meat, but most people (at least in my culture) don't. That's just a fact. And I know I can't tell people what to do, but I do get upset at these kinds of things, and I can't let anyone know I'm upset without implying that I want them to stop.

I mean I would like it if they stopped but I would never try to make them stop. And that is what people don't understand, that when I am upset I am not trying to make them change.

But when I am upset I need some sort of outlet. I can't let people know I am upset wiithout upsetting them in turn. I think that's why I bottle up my feelings, until of course they all burst out at once.

Please understand that I am not trying to change anybody's lifestyle. I just don't want them forcing theirs on me.

Thank you in advance for not trying to create a debate over whether or not it is right to kill for food. Everyone must kill for food, whether we choose to be herbivorous or omnivorous in nature. This is just my lifestyle, and I don't think I am a better person than anyone else in existence.

</outpouring of internal thought>

-

In other news, I too hope teleport will be here by Christmas - and wouldn't more egg-slots be just the best Christmas present ever? biggrin.gif

I'd really like to have increased egg limits before Christmas. I'm new, so I haven't any of Christmas' Dragons, and with this change I'll be able to find 2 Yulebuck eggs and 2 Snow Angel eggs in the AP without being locked for Christmas release.

I'd really like to have increased egg limits before Christmas. I'm new, so I haven't any of Christmas' Dragons, and with this change I'll be able to find 2 Yulebuck eggs and 2 Snow Angel eggs in the AP without being locked for Christmas release.

YES. My thoughts exactly; I want to stock up on christmas dragons I don't have ^^

I want a Christmas dragon. Just - one.... (well, I'd like them all, but still...) I hope the egg limits are up by then so that I have a CHANCE to get some of the older ones...

I want a Christmas dragon. Just - one.... (well, I'd like them all, but still...) I hope the egg limits are up by then so that I have a CHANCE to get some of the older ones...

I too hope that the increase egg limits are a Christmas gift to us before the Christmas dragons drop. I have Yulebucks and Snow Angel's I'd like to breed and perhaps drop (please let teleport be here by then) that my sister-in-law and brother don't have since they're relatively newcomers to the site. It would be great if I could get them the older Christmas dragons. biggrin.gif

Also, will Guardians of Nature be able to breed; or will they remain 'summon only'?

I don't think so, GoN's are kind of the Ultimate dragons, you can't abandon them, or kill them either, I think. So I think they'll remain unbreedable, but that's just my hunch.

As much as I really REALLY want Teleport so I can gift to others, I hope we get the limit increase first because it will make Christmas more fun and a bit less stressful by taking away at least some level of "Dragon Chess."

Really liking those BSA's.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I have a few questions.

The refusals thing, does that mean that pairs that refuse can NEVER breed again?

And Biomes: does that mean that we will have more places to get eggs? Because that sounds like a lot of fun.

The egg limits: So, with no badges, we can have 4 eggs and 15 total? I dont understand. Is the 15 total meaning like, 4 eggs and 8 hatchlings, or 12 hatchlings, or 12 eggs..... I dont understand.

And lastly, freezing: once implemented, will we be able to freeze eggs?

Thanks.

Edited by antonio3654

Yeah, I'm slightly torn between the new egg limits and the teleport BSA. I suppose that the larger egg limit would be good for Christmas time, but I'd also love to have teleport... I don't know, I'd be happy either way. biggrin.gif I would think that teleport would be easier to code than larger egg limits, but that's my opinion. Perhaps teleport will be the early December release and the egg limits will be for Christmas, or vice versa...

I looked in the main cave this morning and there were no eggs... no main cave eggs, no AP eggs, absolutely nothing. I was quite interesting to see. blink.gif

I'll be watching for those, too.

Really liking those BSA's.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I have a few questions.

The refusals thing, does that mean that pairs that refuse can NEVER breed again?

It already does mean that. The change is that you don't have to keep records - once a pair has refused, which is permanent - the dragon it cannot breed with will not show up as an option for breeding, so you won't waste an attempt.

The egg limits: So, with no badges, we can have 4 eggs and 15 total? I dont understand. Is the 15 total meaning like, 4 eggs and 8 hatchlings, or 12 hatchlings, or 12 eggs..... I dont understand.

4 eggs and up to 8 hatchlings - a total of 12 in all, but not more than 4 eggs. (though come to think - I would now like to know - can we still get one extra egg by breeding, as we can now ?)

And lastly, freezing: once implemented, will we be able to freeze eggs?

Thanks.

I can't see any suggestion of that. The change is that if you freeze an S1 hatchie, it won't mature to S2, as it often does now.

Edited by fuzzbucket

4 eggs and up to 8 hatchlings - a total of 12 in all, but not more than 4 eggs. (though come to think - I would now like to know - can we still get one extra egg by breeding, as we can now ?)

No, the 5th egg obtained with breeding it's a glitch, and TJ said that the new limits are for all egg, anywhere you got them (AP, main cave or breeding), so no more extra bred egg.

No, the 5th egg obtained with breeding it's a glitch, and TJ said that the new limits are for all egg, anywhere you got them (AP, main cave or breeding), so no more extra bred egg.

The fifth egg isn't a glitch as far as I know.

TJ just wants to make the limit less complicated.