TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

*stares at OP*

OMFG. *flails*

ThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouTJ!!!!!

You're so good to us. Coding all that must have taken ages, of course implementing will take time. We can wait a bit more. happy.gif

Now I will sit here and cave-sit while figuring out the other two biomes.

With the biomes, I wonder where Electric Dragons will appear then.

Near a power station or what? xd.png Hard to imagine.

I wish they would APPEAR at all ! I want a couple, and mine keep not producing...

I await the purple thing - then I can at least persuade them... (will it work on adults ?)

I wish they would APPEAR at all ! I want a couple, and mine keep not producing...

I await the purple thing - then I can at least persuade them... (will it work on adults ?)

...What else would it work on? Hatchies can't breed! (It's a one time thing. You have to reuse it before every breeding if you want the same affect.)

...Here's a question I haven't seen asked. Will Fertility stack? I mean, if using it on one of the breeding partners increases the chance of an egg by say, 25%, will using it on both increase it by 50%? Or is it not going to work like that?

...Here's a question I haven't seen asked. Will Fertility stack? I mean, if using it on one of the breeding partners increases the chance of an egg by say, 25%, will using it on both increase it by 50%? Or is it not going to work like that?

I doubt it. None of the other BSAs do.

I think there are 2 reasons for rare x rare breeding now being available. 1)the AP is getting too many unwanted eggs from failed rare breedings, and 2) it makes fertility easier to code.

...What else would it work on? Hatchies can't breed! (It's a one time thing. You have to reuse it before every breeding if you want the same affect.)

On eggs - so that when it grows up, it would be more likely to breed - just like gender influence only works on eggs...

But I'd not realised it was a one time thing - so you have to be right - thanks.

Don't know what to think about the biomes thing, just cuz Im used to how it is but everything sounds awesome.

Unless the Trios are going to be officially classified as Rares (I mean officially, not just by way of their breeding pattern), then I'd guess Thunders would be in whatever Biome the Storms/Greys, Electrics, and Skywings would be. Maybe a Cave at the top of a Mountain (Sky Cave)? Or maybe you get transported into the Clouds, to chill with the Daydreams while hunting for Thunders?

Honestly, I have zero clue. xd.png But it's fun speculating. happy.gif

If I had to come up with Biomes, I'd probably come up with something like.....

Sea/Seashore

Jungle/Forest/Tropics

Mountain Range

North Pole/South Pole/Frozen Tundra

Volcano/Fire Pit

Sky Cave (or however you could make that plausible)

Maze/Crystal Cavern (for mainly magic users)

AP (seems the AP should be it's own Biome, like someone mentioned before, a common "Return" place)

Wilderness/Desert

Shadow Cavern (for all the dark/shadow/night dragons)

It'll be interesting to see what we end up with. happy.gif

It would be awesome if some of these came out before the month is out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Unless it ends up being some kind of "Welcome in the DC New Year"-type of thing. Meh. In the meantime, it's fun to watch all of the excitement and panic ensuing. tongue.gif

same here, i have a feeling that a lot of the changes will happen around New Years. New look for the new year sort of deal. it would be cool if they came out in the beginning of december, have something to pick me up after my surgery.

I didn't ment the trio thunder dragon. I meant the electro one.

Maybe there will be a Storm Cave. That would be interesting....

Maybe there will be a Storm Cave. That would be interesting....

its hard to tell, the electric dragons description doesn't really give a clue to what their preferred habitat might be. thunder, storm, and daydream you know are going to be in the same one. all three have them spending a lot of time in the air.

its hard to tell, the electric dragons description doesn't really give a clue to what their preferred habitat might be. thunder, storm, and daydream you know are going to be in the same one. all three have them spending a lot of time in the air.

Don't forget the skywings!

Well, I guess not. I'm just going off of the assumption that they would be in an environment that would be conducive to electricity, since they like to show off for prospective mates. I mean, I can't see them putting on a desplay in a Water environment, for example. wink.gif A Storm environment just seemed more likely. smile.gif Or possibly an Ice-slash-Crystal environment. That would be an awesome show.

I thought with teleporting you had to give the code to the receiver - so surely they could see where it comes from ? It doesn't just LAND unwanted on your scroll..... so no way for anonymous gifting OR for filling up against your will !

For the secret santa at least, it IS possible.

Step 1. Breed egg, hatch bla bla bla whatever you do

Step 2. Telioport said egg/hatchie to a "middle man" of sorts, who has a a large army of Magi's (the program may end up needing two or more of there, or the sectet santa's would need to swap said egg between each other before gifting)

Step 3. The "Midle Men" or the "middle Santa" then Teliports the egg/hatchie to the giftee, and because its not comming from the origonal Secrect Santa, they have no idea who actualy gave them this gift.

Sunsongs, too.

Hey, the abandoned page looks different to me! (The eggs are spaced closer together.)

Are the changes coming in? Are they? Are they?

^^;;

Man, I'm so eager.

Sunsongs, too.

you know, i actually looked closer at the description. i almost missed it since it was so subtle,like an after thought. the others focus on where they lived. laugh.gif

Hey, the abandoned page looks different to me! (The eggs are spaced closer together.)

Are the changes coming in? Are they? Are they?

^^;;

Man, I'm so eager.

Was seeing this also and wondering xd.png