TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I thought with teleporting you had to give the code to the receiver - so surely they could see where it comes from ? It doesn't just LAND unwanted on your scroll..... so no way for anonymous gifting OR for filling up against your will !

You pick a magi. You pick the action teleport.

You are led to a page with all your eggs and unfrozen hatchlings on it. You select "one way transfer" or "two way trade" and then select the egg/s/hatchling/s (you can select one to all of them) you want to gift/trade.

Submit.

You are led to a page which gives you a code. You must share that code with people for anything to happen. Once they click on it, they can either receive your gift or put on offer up for trade. You can go through and accept a trade when you get an offer you like.

Unless the person has your e-mail or is on a forum with you or something, they/you can't harass you/them to take the egg/hatchling over the cave. And if they are harassing you over a forum, that's then the forum mods and admins job to take care of it, no matter what forum it's on. :3

Here is the link to the thread - post 2.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Does anyone know if vampire bites have been tracked? I mean obviously when the sire-feature kicks in it will be but has it been done until now?

Does anyone know if vampire bites have been tracked? I mean obviously when the sire-feature kicks in it will be but has it been done until now?

There is some group out there that is keeping track of at least some of them. I picked up a vamp from the AP and soon after got a PM on the forums telling me its linage.

I know but I meant official tracking. I mean I doubt that there are more than a split fraction of all vamp bites in that thread.

I guess the delay in whether or not to implement this is still deciding whether or not to do it before or after the Holiday release? As this would probably throw a kink into Christmas egg gifting plans.

I guess the delay in whether or not to implement this is still deciding whether or not to do it before or after the Holiday release? As this would probably throw a kink into Christmas egg gifting plans.

If that is used as an excuse, then, if it's implemented after Xmas, then people who have Valentines' giftings all lined up from last year will complain. And if it's delayed until after then, then the Halloweenies will pipe up. Then the next year's Xmas gifters.

It would be a neverending cycle. Best to break it now, and implement the feature sooner rather than later.

Opinion. I haz one.

I think implementation will depend on the outcome of testing and not the proximity of a holiday

I´d think if something was implemented it would be said so in aseperate thread?

Well, watching the mayhem with the new features, I can't help thinking: did folks here have a thought that all features may take 3-4 months to implement? wink.gif

Last time new features were announced it took a couple of months before they actually became available.

I would think so. At least, I hope so. A new thread announcing the things that have been implemented and then more IN DEPTH explanations of each feature. Ha I'm the type of person who needs a lot of explanation to understand something fully.

Anyways. I hope these do come sooner rather than later, I'm pretty sure we'll see at least 1 implemented before Christmas since it's already coded. Could be wrong though, maybe it will take them months to work out the kinks *shrugs*

I know but I meant official tracking. I mean I doubt that there are more than a split fraction of all vamp bites in that thread.

my understanding is that the the bite tracking would only begin after a certain date (what exact date is uncertain).. anything prior to that date would be out of the loop because there was no tracking existing then.

Well, watching the mayhem with the new features, I can't help thinking: did folks here have a thought that all features may take 3-4 months to implement? wink.gif

Last time new features were announced it took a couple of months before they actually became available.

like <3

finally, someone with common sense. idk if it'll take 3-4 months though, considering the coding's finished

I hope at the very least we get the limit increase by the time Christmas rolls around. As DC shows it's longevity you end up with people trying to decide if they should lock on their two new dragons or keep a space open in hopes of catching a Christmas (holiday) past egg. Had that issue where I was praying for my Pumpkins to grow so I could catch the Marrows. Having more space to work with will be wonderful. Of course I would love to see Teleport implemented by then too so we can gift easier.

Edited by Sir Barton

wow...I think I may become active again o.o

I look forward to watching the changes biggrin.gif

Edited by Tyracia

PEOPLE,PEOPLE!!GET HOLD OF YOUR BEATING LIL HEARTS & ITCHY TRIGGER FINGERS(for clicking all those EXTRA eggs! rolleyes.gif )

We will GET IT when and if T.J. says it is READY TO ROLL!! blink.gifblink.gifdry.gif

Not one second before ,& im doubtful if anything but "BASIC" forewarning,i.e."ITS HEERE!! will be given..*shrugs..so be it..let it be when the time is right!

(In the world that is T.J.'s alone..except the needed coders/comp.help..none who will tell US a thing re: IMPLEMENTATION TIME!! cool.gif )

Dont sweat it SOOO much!!Geez..its not as if anything said HERE will do a THING to change,hurry or get more info. for the masses of members that are biting their nails below the quick by asking all and EVERY possible question re: new DC!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

You will be better off to read the mods comments,and stay calm & prepared for the time(WHEN it does arrive..as we arent getting anything but confused!!) tongue.gif

however..if you must pore over every possible problem,detail & what-tf...go ahead & spend your every spare minute sitting in front of screen asking,waiting & wondering!! biggrin.gif

Rockin' On

God I hope so. I am going cross eyed trying to keep up !

I really want the renaming-thing asap, lol... I did really mess things up this time... Dammit! /:

my understanding is that the the bite tracking would only begin after a certain date (what exact date is uncertain).. anything prior to that date would be out of the loop because there was no tracking existing then.

Ah ok, I wasn´t sure about that.

It would be awesome if some of these came out before the month is out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Unless it ends up being some kind of "Welcome in the DC New Year"-type of thing. Meh. In the meantime, it's fun to watch all of the excitement and panic ensuing. tongue.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Hi, Rockin' On!

*waves*

Couldn't quote your post as I got a message about using more smilies than the board allowed, so we'll see if this winds up on the same page. smile.gif

Lol, I think overall we're having fun with this, and discussion within the community about the major changes we're variously hoping for now/later/never, depending on viewpoint.

We gotz our speculators on, and our heads together for a celebratory virtual party while waiting, is all.

Some of us (i.e., me laugh.gif ) have SO little positive excitement in what passes for our real lives... xd.png

(And, personally, I'm REALLY hoping for the expanded scroll thing - and Fertility - and Renaming - naow.)

Edit: and congrats on the 500 dragon/ready for extra slots thing!

Good timing on that!

Edited by Syphoneira

Its all good!Speculate away!!I just got a look at my NEW badge..500 dragons??? ohmy.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifblink.gif How..when..WHY did that happen?? Insanity!!Over 500 dragons!??

Rockin' On

(Or just in time to get my max egg quota!!!LOL)

Edited by Rockin' On