TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

The DC is lagging extreme at the moment, may TJ work on it, we don`t know.

Yup, I noticed as well.

Hope there will be some results x3

Yup, I noticed as well.

Hope there will be some results x3

Hehe, must be a first time that people (at least those who like the changes) are somewhat happy to see lag. ;p

I'm the same. Whenever it's lagging lately, I'm going all "Ohhh, I hope the new stuff is being worked on!". xd.png

(dragongrrl @ Nov 12 2010, 05:06 PM)

At 7 hatchies, you would be scroll-locked, but at 6, you could still add up to 14 hatchies, then breed or pick up that 7th egg. That's the way Sock (I think) explained it much earlier.

You can grab so long as grabbing does not make you violate the limit.

If you have no badge, your total limit is 12. If you're "egg-locked" with 4 eggs, adding a hatchling will give you 5 total, which doesn't violate the limit of 12. So you can grab it.

It's a lot more lenient than people think.

^ this

As I get it you can have 4 eggs, you won't be able to get more eggs, till those 4 hatch, but you can ad up to 8 hatchies.

There is no limit on hatchies - with no trophy you can have up to 12 of them.

There is limit on egg and total growing items (eggs + unfrozen hatchies)

Edit: can quote correctly for some reason...

Edited by hellhunt

I can't wait to see what all the changes look like - was hoping we would wake up to something - there is a lot of lag!

What's this 'badge' that I keep reading about? Is it the trophy at the top of our scrolls???

It's the badge related to your dragons' number. The more adults you have, the more eggs and hatchies you can have without locking. From first post:

No badge (0-50 adults) = 4 eggs/12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

Bronze badge (51-200 adults) = the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

Silver badge (201-500 adults) = 6 eggs/18 total

Gold badge (501+ adults) = 7 eggs/21 total

You have a Silver badge, so you can have 6 eggs + hatchies until to 18 total growing "items".

Hey, anyone know if the teleport BSA would be able to give anonymous gifts? That could be pretty cool - or useful for stuff like the secret santa or random gift game.

Anonymous gifting would open up a new way for the anti-social among us to cause trouble. Up until now, there has been no way to get an egg or hatchling onto your scroll unless you put it there yourself. If anonymous gifting were implemented, not only could somebody fill up your slots with commons that you don't want or need, but they could do so anonymously so there's nothing you can do about it!

Imagine going in for a rare grab and missing it because someone has dumped three commons on your scroll, locking it! And they did it anonymously, so there's no way you can contact them or report them to game admin?

Of course there are ways around the problem, but all of them cause more work for administrators, and as such are probably undesirable. My guess is that you won't be seeing anonymous gifting.

It's the badge related to your dragons' number. The more adults you have, the more eggs and hatchies you can have without locking. From first post:

No badge (0-50 adults) = 4 eggs/12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

Bronze badge (51-200 adults) = the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

Silver badge (201-500 adults) = 6 eggs/18 total

Gold badge (501+ adults) = 7 eggs/21 total

You have a Silver badge, so you can have 6 eggs + hatchies until to 18 total growing "items".

I do like it how the badges are being used for things as hatchie/egg limits smile.gif

I do like it how the badges are being used for things as hatchie/egg limits smile.gif

Me too, it really adds an element of experience there. If you have a whole lot of dragons, it means you can take care of more of them at the same time.

Anonymous gifting would open up a new way for the anti-social among us to cause trouble. Up until now, there has been no way to get an egg or hatchling onto your scroll unless you put it there yourself. If anonymous gifting were implemented, not only could somebody fill up your slots with commons that you don't want or need, but they could do so anonymously so there's nothing you can do about it!

Imagine going in for a rare grab and missing it because someone has dumped three commons on your scroll, locking it! And they did it anonymously, so there's no way you can contact them or report them to game admin?

Of course there are ways around the problem, but all of them cause more work for administrators, and as such are probably undesirable. My guess is that you won't be seeing anonymous gifting.

I don't think this is even going to be an issue. You have to accept the egg once it's teleported (and you may only be able to receive one at a time), so i don't think it's going to be possible for people to send you eggy hate-mail.

I don't think this is even going to be an issue. You have to accept the egg once it's teleported (and you may only be able to receive one at a time), so i don't think it's going to be possible for people to send you eggy hate-mail.

Up to 4 eggs/hatchlings can be teleported at a time, but yeah, I don't think hate mail will be an issue, 'cause you can just abandon the new eggs if you don't want them, and besides, who would be sending hate mail?

Awesomeness!!! Question...this new freezing, it doesn't include eggs does it?

No , it only affects what happens when hatchies are frozen.

TJ does not like the idea of"egg freezing"

I believe there is a suggestion thread dealing with possible ways to have egg sprites on scrolls.

To be honest, I don't see any sense in egg freezing.

You may have the egg sprite on your scroll then, but that is all o_O

TJ does not like the idea of"egg freezing"

*cough*

Last time I heard about it, the only reason we don't have egg freezing yet is because a bunch of users decided to roar against it, because they didn't want to have their bred eggs frozen. (Which is plainly ridiculous imo, as once you've abandoned an egg it's not yours anymore, and the LiT argument won't work anymore either with Teleport.)

I wonder if its possible that the "not dissapointed on Harvest day" Sock was refering to could be the release of one or more of these features....\

I hope it is.

Edit: WHOOT!!! 1,000th post! And lv 8 now!

Edited by Zephyr_Drake

Up to 4 eggs/hatchlings can be teleported at a time, but yeah, I don't think hate mail will be an issue, 'cause you can just abandon the new eggs if you don't want them, and besides, who would be sending hate mail?

That, and I think the space would only be filled if you accepted the egg..

I wonder if its possible that the "not dissapointed on Harvest day" Sock was refering to could be the release of one or more of these features....\

I hope it is.

Edit: WHOOT!!! 1,000th post! And lv 8 now!

sounds possible

I really hope so!

The downside would be less time with family sad.gif