Carnivorous M.

Describe-A-Dragon!

Pestilent Whispers -- Write that description!

Currently working on Pint Sized Terror's and Fun Sized Fear's descriptions. All else are open and I would appreciate suggestions if you so happen to have any.

Smoked Cheddar Cheese - Write that description.

Suggestions: You can use Hir or zie, hir is for him/her, zie for she/he. Or you can do "thinks of himself as male". For a hir/zie example, look at President Cheesie Cuffs of Nomm on my scroll.

Ideas: Enjoys being nibbled on by the hatchlings.

~*~

Open to Suggestions

I am not describing my Papers/Golds/Silvers/Dinos at the moment. I have plans for them.

A few of my dragons already have descriptions, make sure the one you chose doesn't please.

Sunny rises with the sun. He loves it. He will wander out of Kanaye's cave at dawn, find a rock large enough for him to lie on and bask in the sun all day. He moves slightly each hour, shifting where the sun hits. By the time the sun goes down, he will have done a full circle. He is willing to cuff people with his tail if Kanaye hauls them out to his sunning rock though, by the end of the day, whoever he cuffs is usually sunburned and thirsty. Kanaye doesn't ask him often. He shuns most mates, unless they love the sun as much as he does.
Edited by Kanaye

Underneath the Sun Cuffs -- Write that description!

Too tired to think of suggestions or work on the one I'm supposed to be writing just yet. dry.gif Need artistic stimulation!

Pending: April Darkstar, Mag Talia, Nova the Christmas Vine, Shimmer Stone, Silent Othello McFox III, The Muse That Guides You

@v: xd.png Resident Evil 4 reference. The ubiquitous merchant is a cult classic. Also delightfully annoying. Anyone who's played the game can repeat any of his lines easily, you hear them so much. The dragon's probably related to "Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!" and "Stranger, stranger! Now that's a weapon!"

Sounds like a fun description to write, though. I'm on it!

Edit: Wow, that took me way too long. I like it, though.

Not-Enough-Cash Stranger (also known as "that dang merchant from RE4"):

He's your go-to dragon, the one who can get you what you want, when you want it...for a price.  There is nothing he can't find and no lengths he won't go to in order to find it, provided you're willing to pay.  His past is hidden in the veils of time, and no one knows his true name, but they all know where to find him.  He waits in dark corners beneath his signature blue lanterns, waiting for his next customer...waiting for you.
Edited by Danne

Not-Enough-Cash Stranger - write that description!

What does he do for a living that requires him to demand cash from strangers, in specified amounts?

Pending: Alastriona Ivory, Little Archangel, Dagda Finn, Dagda Draiocht, Natadita Paiva, Dr House MD, Ja'xom's Ruth, Barbershop Quartet Soprano, Barbershop Quartet Alto, Barbershop Quartet Tenor, Barbershop Quartet Bass, Caol Steve Deem'd Epic

Always taking suggestions.

Sefora, the apprentice, is Finn's right hand. Constantly bustling hither and thither, gathering herbs or berries one minute, hunting down an obscure tome the next, she gives Finn the precious time she needs for spellcasting and babysitting. She likes the work, although the other priestesses-in-training treat her none too kindly, calling her "Queen's Pet" and other such derogatory names. Finn doesn't stand up for Sefora, partly because she knows the young magi will have to deal with the bullying on her own, and partly because she just doesn't care.
Edited by klinneah

Dagda Sefora - Write that description!

Open to suggestions (especially for magi and skywings) but might not take them (though if not, they'll probably be used for another dragon). Dragons below Quelsia Thuwed lack descriptions. Previous posts have been edited to add descriptions for Lady Tinsel and Lady Incendia (and no, I haven't forgotten about Vyrkaja or Oroena).

Sunlit Elegance is more decorative than useful, as the beauty of his scales is not matched by the strength of his magic.  His mastery of spellwork doesn't extend much beyond simple illusions, but luckily he lives at Flowernest Weyr, where threats are few and far between.  Despite a tendency to pose in the nearest patch of sunlight whenever there's a female around he wants to impress, Sunlit Elegance is otherwise refreshingly modest, refusing to exaggerate his skill with magic or boast about his gleaming scales.
Edited by Mathcat

Sunlit Elegance - Write that description!

How does he relate to the other magi dragons? What is his place among them? What are his duties, responsibilities, and occasional torments? How do the other magi see him?

Open to suggestions. Pending are Alastriona Ivory, Little Archangel, Dagda Finn, Dagda Draiocht, Natadita Paiva, Dr House MD, Ja'xom's Ruth, Barbershop Quartet Soprano, Barbershop Quartet Alto, Barbershop Quartet Tenor, Barbershop Quartet Bass, Caol Steve Deem'd Epic, Dagda Sefora, God Ninja, Cuffs Thinks It's a Dragon, Genesis and Exodus.

Katsko, to everyone's shock but mostly to his parents', is neither a Skywing nor a Deep Sea, but something in between. Loving neither the incredible depths of the ocean nor the wild heights of the sky, Katsko plays in the shallows, building intricate sandcastles and marvelous sculptures. His parents worry and fret, but he loves them as much as he loves anything in his life, and he tries his best to reassure them that he is, in fact, as happy as can be right where he is.
Edited by klinneah

Delfiin Kaksto - Write that Description!

I think it would be fun to write about how he doesn't look like either of his parents.

I will accept suggestions for descriptions (though I may not use them) but not names. I have a theme going. smile.gif Feel free to choose an unnamed dragon. I will name it and then write a description.

I've been writing my dragons descriptions in order, so everyone from Masika Zmai up has a pending description.

Dede was found as an egg; he was stolen from the main cave. His name means "Grasshopper". Dede is a strange little pygmy. He likes to pretend he doesn't have wings. As a result, he wont fly. Dede would hop, skip, and jump around, peeping as he stalked his tiny prey. One day his strange refusal to fly caught up with him. Dede was just about to pounce on a small field mouse when a giant dragon landed on him, and squished him. Dede survived, however, his wings were decimated. The resident white dragon of the cave offered to heal him, but Dede stubbornly refuses to believe there was anything on his back to heal. Now Dede sticks to the unseen corners of the cave, singing his odd, chirping song.

I always put the same two sentences at the beginnings of all my descriptions, lol. And Klinneah, your description was super cute!

Edited by Danse

Dede Zmai-- Write that Description!

Hey, everyone! Guess who! Sorry for disappearing; life's been crazy, and I've kind of left off describing my dragons for a while. But now I'm back in action!

Pending: Pale Duchess, Nanachu Raande, Cantelli, Twisted Alley, Riboneuclia Benecia- Dorkface, Makrida, and Rorscach (I went back and edited them all a little, which is why they're back in the Pending Booth).

Suggestions appreciated, although if it's for a dragon I already have an idea for I'll probably use it for a different dragon.

Dreaming of Midwinter - Write that Description!

Why is she dreaming of midwinter? What about midwinter makes her anticipate it so much her name reflects it?

Always taking suggestions. Pending are Pending are Alastriona Ivory, Little Archangel, Dagda Finn, Dagda Draiocht, Natadita Paiva, Dr House MD, Ja'xom's Ruth, Barbershop Quartet Soprano, Barbershop Quartet Alto, Barbershop Quartet Tenor, Barbershop Quartet Bass, Caol Steve Deem'd Epic, Dagda Sefora, God Ninja, Cuffs Thinks It's a Dragon, Genesis and Exodus, Delfiin Katsko.

Eternally Young wanders the wild like a ghoul, seeking revenge on the Magi who cursed her. She will never be at peace until she finds out why she was denied the chance to find a mate, have a family, or even grow old. She has no friends; any dragon that approaches her, even in an attempt to befriend or console her, is turned away with a dangerous growl. Leaving no footprints, she traverses even the staunches wilderness as easily as a mountain goat. She is, for all intents and purposes, a ghost of the hatchling she once was.
Edited by klinneah

Eternally Young Dorkface - Describe That Dragon!

Why is she eternally young? How does she feel about it? Does she wish she had grown up?

~*~

Open to Suggestions

I am not describing my Papers/Golds/Silvers/Dinos at the moment. I have plans for them.

Underneath the Sun Cuffs is pending.

A few of my dragons already have descriptions, make sure the one you chose doesn't please.

Tender You Hold Me, formally known as Sunton, used to be quite the dragon about town. He had lady friend upon lady friend and sired so many hatchies, he lost count.

When he first met Secure in Your Embrace, he ignored her, to the best of his ability. She wasn't like his other lady friends, she was sweet and kind. Before he knew it, he was head over tail in love with her. She refused him, even then, until he made the tremendous, life-altering decision to change his name to match hers. They are now mated for all time, though he hopes she is lenient enough to turn a blind eye if he slips into his old habits for a moment or two.

Edited by Kanaye

Tender You Hold Me - Write that description!

He's had a few mates - does he love one in particular?

~*~

Open to suggestions. Pending are Alastriona Ivory, Little Archangel, Dagda Finn, Dagda Draiocht, Natadita Paiva, Dr House MD, Ja'xom's Ruth, Barbershop Quartet Soprano, Barbershop Quartet Alto, Barbershop Quartet Tenor, Barbershop Quartet Bass, Caol Steve Deem'd Epic, Dagda Sefora, God Ninja, Cuffs Thinks It's a Dragon, Genesis & Exodus, Delfiin Katsko, and Eternally Young Dorkface.

Karaliene looks in the mirror every day and is disgusted with what she sees. Once a beautiful Silver, Karaliene was reduced to a shambling corpse on a dark October evening. Once the possessor of a shimmering silvery hide, now she only has skin so rotten no mate will come within feet of her. She hates her stumbling stagger and the useless fleshy lumps she was given in exchange for her silver scales. She hates the way the villages look at her and shake their heads, as though she was something to be pitied. But she is, now. She is pitiful.
Edited by klinneah

Sudraba Karaliene -- Write that description!

She has two children and what appeared to have been a permanent mate. Does she ever think about them, or is she lost to her zombie-ness?

Pending: April Darkstar, Mag Talia, Not-Enough-Cash Stranger, Nova the Christmas Vine, Pestilent Whispers, Shimmer Stone, Silent Othello McFox III, The Muse That Guides You

Edit: Short and sweet.

Key Lime Pi:

One day when Key Lime Pi was a hatchling, she terrified her caretakers when she disappeared for several hours.  They eventually found her sitting in the bottom of pie tin, covered in the sticky, gooey remains of her favorite dessert and scratching numbers in the remains of the crust.  It only seemed natural that her name should reflect her two loves.
Edited by Danne

Key Lime Pi - Write that description!

Suggestion: She loves mathematics.

He's always looking for something to research, something to investigate. He knows the devil's in the details, so he's always pushing pushing pushing for more information, more tidbits, more knowledge, more accuracy. There is no limit to how far he will go to get information. Sometimes, though, he'll appear to be jealous of someone who looks like they have more free time; he's really just upset that they aren't as hard-working as he. Others might say he's uptight, and he's heard "stick-in-the-mud" too many times to count. One thing he never does, however, is stop to think about elephants.

Always open to suggestions. Pending are Alastriona Ivory, Little Archangel, Dagda Finn, Dagda Draiocht, Natadita Paiva, Dr House MD, Ja'xom's Ruth, Barbershop Quartet Soprano, Barbershop Quartet Alto, Barbershop Quartet Tenor, Barbershop Quartet Bass, Caol Steve Deem'd Epic, Dagda Sefora, God Ninja, Cuffs Thinks It's a Dragon, Genesis & Exodus, Delfiin Katsko, Eternally Young Dorkface, and Sudraba Karaliene.

Edited by klinneah

Dagda Neingyi - Write that description!

Open to suggestions (especially for magis and skywings), but might not take them. Dragons below Oroena lack descriptions. Previous posts have been updated with descriptions for Vyrkaja (at last) and Sunlit Elegance, but Oroena is still proving elusive.

When Ategan Fireheart's followers dispersed, their leader's promises having faded under the light of harsh reality, Guardian Tawn could easily have made it back to more fertile lands.  Instead, she chose to stay to help a small band of stragglers, and all of them nearly perished before she was able to persuade a pair of black marrow dragons to take pity on them.  A loosely-knit dragon community was thus formed, and eventually came to be known as Bonescale Weyr.  Life at Bonescale Weyr remains far from easy, and Guardian Tawn devotes all her time and energy to seeing that her charges stay safe and healthy.  She even guards the two black marrow dragons, Pardak and Oroena, much to their chagrin.

Ineora's magical abilities are the stuff of nightmares; her specialty is the art of mixing reality with illusion until the two become indistinguishable.  Some victims find themselves trapped in an ever-shifting labyrinth, others will find themselves lost and wandering through places they've known for years, while still others are driven mad as dreams blend with reality until the two become indistinguishable.  Few dragons under Ineora's spell ever escape without outside aid, unless she loses interest or chooses to release them, so it's fortunate for the world that she prefers to use her magic on no more than one or two dragons at a time.  Many dragons have attempted to fight Ineora, but only those with similar powers or the ability to walk through dreams would even stand a chance of defeating her.
Edited by Mathcat

To begin with, Mathcat, you're totally my idol. Look at that absolute PILE of descriptions! Good lord! biggrin.gif

Now then...

Guardian Tawn - Write that description!

Why? I don't know why. Name just caught my eye.

No suggestions, sorry. sad.gif

Anyway, open to suggestions but may not take them (some dragons already have rough concepts - but unnamed ones never do, that's why they're unnamed wink.gif ).

Pending: Tanoth the Dragon King, Dalryn the Radiant Prince, Lajazi the Jade Spirit, Essasha the Gilded Scale, Varuna the Fiendish Flame, Ray'say the Carved Grin, Nafona the Candle Flame, Julia the Dazzling Enchantress, Siratha the Blazing Crest, Gayah the Arcane Sighted, Romul the War Chanter, Naloria the Gale Wind, Gartas the Titanic Bulk, Nialla the Wild Song, Llyra the Gentle Sage, Kayla the Forest Magus, Garalea the High Tide, Jorana the Orchid Bloom, Alorak the Noble Dusk, Timara the Swift Leap, Kalith the Rune Scroll.

Edit: klinneah seems to have skipped 'lil ol' me. Sadness! sad.gif I suppose you can take either dragon, Mathcat. tongue.gif

Tilvan the Mathcat Fan-- er I mean Rune Dancer:

Many know of magic - a thing of gesture, incantation and the mind. What so many do not know, even some of those who would wield it, is that magic has a language and that its power can be invoked through writing it. Even as a hatchling, Tilvan had always had a fascination with the written word, so it comes as no surprise he grew learning of the runic script and its use in spell-weaving. Whilst he is more than capable of invoking magic from runic circles drawn upon walls, floors, even thin air, his true weapon is his own body - over the years, he has etched hundreds, maybe thousands of tiny runes into his scales, and his scintillating dance in battle as he twists, turns and chants to invoke each is a thing of both terror and beauty.

klinneah, I'm not sure how much point there is to writing a description for a scroll separator. I'll try to think of something, but it's likely to remain without a description, simply because in my scroll story, chickens have no place whatsoever... I just can't find a more elegant way to section the scroll. xd.png

Edit: Zomg eeeeeevul Kythrina the Blood Phoenix:

Few know the true nature of Kythrina: a White dragon's sin. Llal the Heavenly Tear, a powerful healer and alchemist, created this monster in his search for a cure for death. He was successful, if not in the way he was expecting - for you see, although Kythrina can be slain with a well-placed stake or the sun's unforgiving rays, should enough fresh blood be spilled upon the ashes that remain, she rises anew. Although Llal loves her as if she were his own daughter and attempts to sway her away from her vile nature, she has not, and likely never will change her ways - and even her adoptive would-be father is not exempt to her cruel manipulations and twisted games.
Edited by Azure

Ineora - Write that description!

Enchanter of mazes, creator of labyrinths, wanderer through webs...and thief of dreams.

/has Inception on the brain

~*~

Always open to suggestions.

Pending: Alastriona Ivory, Little Archangel, Dagda Finn, Dagda Draiocht, Natadita Paiva, Dr House MD, Ja'xom's Ruth, Barbershop Quartet Soprano, Barbershop Quartet Alto, Barbershop Quartet Tenor, Barbershop Quartet Bass, Caol Steve Deem'd Epic, Dagda Sefora, God Ninja, Cuffs Thinks It's a Dragon, Genesis & Exodus, Delfiin Katsko, Eternally Young Dorkface, Sudraba Karaliene, and Dagda Neingyi.

Okay, here's one for each of you.

Tilvan the Rune Dancer - Write that description!

Visgoud Magikarp - Write that description!

Open to suggestions (especially for magis and skywings), but might not take them. Dragons below Ineora lack descriptions.

Lark Heartsong has a knack for understanding the true feelings of others - for listening to the "songs of their hearts," as she puts it.  She will freely dispense advice even if not asked for it, and yet remains well-liked in general despite this, probably because of her sweet, caring nature.  Lark travels the world with her mate, Yanfaraw, trying to improve the lives of those she meets.
Edited by Mathcat

Woa, I could have sworn mine posted right after Mathcat.

*ahem* Anywhat, here's one for each of you. Hopefully that will get us back on track.

Lark Heartsong - write that description! (It's midnight, I have no suggestions.)

VISITORS TO THE LANDS - write that description! (No suggestions, sorry.) Oh, erp. Alorak the Noble Dusk - write that description!

Kythrina the Blood Phoenix - write that description!

Argh. sleep.gif

Stuha, although far from lonely, despises fame the way flies despise a spiderweb. She hides from admiring faces and laughing children when Christmas comes around, but somehow she still manages to spread the holiday spirit via secret gifts and whispered blessings. Somehow, she can't bring herself to ignore the season completely, so she leaves gold nuggets and other useless trinkets lying around where she knows others will find them. When the holiday is over, she usually cheers up considerably, spending far more time with Joul than during the Christmas season.

~*~

Open to suggestions.

Pending: See above.

Edited by klinneah

Cernunnos Stuha- Write that description! (Sorry, no suggestions. Very sleepless here D: )

Pending: Space Cheese, Psychic Paper, most of the Legion, Ninja-chicken, Ravenholm Thuwed, Magical Migrating Coconut, They Pass On, Notre Dame de Holly. Many approved descriptions, PLEASE check. Will not describe unnamed/obvious joke names unless there is a very good suggestion.

The Time Lord's Rose - Write that description!

(I'm assuming she doesn't count as a "joke name" dragon, since Psychic Paper is getting a description.)

Open to suggestions (especially for magis and skywings), but might not take them. Dragons below Lark Heartsong lack descriptions.

Thanks for the suggestion, but Rogue Cheddar actually has a description already.

Edited by Mathcat

Eternally Young Dorkface - Describe That Dragon!

Why is she eternally young? How does she feel about it? Does she wish she had grown up?

~*~

Open to Suggestions

Underneath the Sun Cuffs and Tender You Hold Me are pending.

Kanaye's Secret, or just Secret, loves secrets. She will spy and gather all the secrets she can. She isn't into using them for blackmail or any of that sort of thing, no she merely collects them. She explained to RoboSquish once that it was like his rock collection. She categorizes them and puts them in a neat box in her head. If she ever gets upset or feels unsafe, she goes through the secrets in her head and they make her feel brave. Kanaye doesn't really approve of all of Secret's sneaking around but she does enjoy hearing the juicy tidbits Secret lets slip once in a while.
Edited by Kanaye

Kanaye's Secret - Write that description!

Because all of us are dying to know. wink.gif

Ahem. I will not, at this time, write descriptions for any chickens (they're just scroll separators) or the Splits.

Suggestions are immensely welcome, but may not be taken on certain dragons due to me already having some ideas about them. If you pick an unnamed dragon and provide a suggestion, however, it's possible the dragon gets named -and- described in a single sweep accordingly. biggrin.gif

Pending: Tanoth the Dragon King, Dalryn the Radiant Prince, Lajazi the Jade Spirit, Essasha the Gilded Scale, Varuna the Fiendish Flame, Kythrina the Blood Phoenix, Ray'say the Carved Grin, Nafona the Candle Flame, Julia the Dazzling Enchantress, Tilvan the Rune Dancer, Siratha the Blazing Crest, Gayah the Arcane Sighted, Romul the War Chanter, Naloria the Gale Wind, Gartas the Titanic Bulk, Nialla the Wild Song, Llyra the Gentle Sage, Kayla the Forest Magus, Garalea the High Tide, Jorana the Orchid Bloom, Alorak the Noble Dusk, Timara the Swift Leap, Kalith the Rune Scroll.

PS: klinneah, mah love, Alorak's is pending (and has been even in the last post). wink.gif A ton of my previously-approved dragons are back to pending due to me changing my scroll naming scheme when Renaming came out. Feel free to edit again, though, I'll happily describe one in your name. biggrin.gif

Edit: All done, klinneah! Check above. And thank you. <3

Edit2: Iwara says... bouncy bouncy spin bounce!

A seemingly ever-cheerful and energetic dragon, Iwara relishes attention, be it from a fellow dragon or otherwise. The locals often suggest to those travelers who are unafraid of dragons to visit the small lake she has made her home and witness her play upon its surface - for when she has an audience, Iwara often makes a show of bouncing and darting gracefully through the glistening water.
Edited by Azure

Iwara the Lake Frolic - Write that description!

What a pretty name~

As You Wish - Write that description!

Wasn't going to post again until I finished this one. Which I finally got around to after... How long? X0

Princess Bride = <3

Very caring, As You Wish is always watching over the other dragons of her cave. She has the strange peculiarity of always answering any requests with the same three words, 'as you wish'. She has used the phrase so often, the other dragons have taken to calling her by it.

No one could fully understand why she would only respond with those words. Not until one day, a young black hatchling asked her what it meant. The beautiful dragon gently smiled and answered, "Every time I have responded with 'as you wish', what I was really saying was 'I love you'."

Buckeye Spirit, Buckeye Luck, Buckeye Tradition, Daydreams of Sunshine, Love's Reverie are all currently pending.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Prismeia - Write that description!

Open to suggestions (especially for skywings and magi), but might not take them. Dragons below Lark Heartsong lack descriptions. Still working on previously suggested dragons.

Treis is one of a group of magi dragons known for performing good deeds during the winter months (their actions throughout the rest of the year remain a mystery).  She prefers to keep a lower profile than Pharlan or Feraja, avoiding most of the parties and choosing to perform her good deeds by rescuing stranded travelers.  Unlike the others, Treis seems unlikely to be harboring some dark secret or ulterior motive, as she seems genuinely nice (if shy), and reluctant to accept too much praise for her rescues.  True, she apparently drops out of sight the rest of the year, just like the others, but this could just be due to her unremarkable appearance and her retiring nature.
Edited by Mathcat

Treis - Write that description!

Prismeia:

Very ambitious in life, Prismeia is a fine tuned artist who has honed her skills throughout the years. She has mastered various mediums and studied countless styles. Inspiration touches her from as close as the air she breathes to as far away as the stars. The only limitation she has, if any exists, is that of her vast dreams and imagination.

Someday, this master of art will be recognized by the world she resides within. Just wait and see.

Tried to make it sound ambiguous as to what her craft is.

As You wish, Buckeye Spirit, Buckeye Luck, Buckeye Tradition, Daydreams of Sunshine, Love's Reverie are STILL all currently pending. I also won't describe Daisuki.

Edited by Daydreamer09