Carnivorous M.

Describe-A-Dragon!

On 12/13/2020 at 8:07 AM, lovecats99 said:

Zouko - Describe that dragon! 

Considering its code is also Zouko, you could tie this dragon's description into it's birth/origins. Maybe it was destined to become something? :) (since Xols are avid magic users.)

Zouko reminds me of a dangerous water spirit like a mermaid siren or a kelpie. Beautiful to look at, offering temptation to touch that beauty, but dangerous to approach. I don't think she would be disappointed if you got boiled. She probably lives by a large waterfall where the steam can be mistaken for the normal mist thrown off by a waterfall. She'd use her magic to enhance that image by cooling the air and creating rainbows. It's not that she's evil. She's just an enterprising hunter. 

https://dragcave.net/view/9htjW

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

I assume that unnamed misfit you linked to is a dragon you wish to get described? Alright, here's a prompt: he likes to locate sheet music and rewrite the lyrics into something super-silly. Bonus points if you include some snippets of his song parodies.

My habit with this thread has been to post my latest description in my subsequent post, and the last time I posted it was Stratos G's turn, so here's her description:

Stratos G wanted to fly to a moon. She wasn't sure which one, but both were in the same general direction - up - she set off and delayed her decision. The moons proved further away than she thought, and as she rose higher out of her stratospheric home with a strong updraft caused by her natural magic, she began to tire. Eventually, she looked back to see how far she had come. Valkemare looked small below her, little more than the moons above. She had never loved the land before, even though her terrestrial father often kept her family among the mountaintops, but at this height she realised how finite the world really was, and how the troubles she heard form the land weren't so far away after all. No, she had to go back home and help.

This quest to do good has brought her to Nworset, of all places, where she has joined Viral Corona's center for disease control and prevention. By looking at the big picture and directing resource management, Stratos G creates effective strategies.

...I'm not sure how well that description worked, as I was also trying to squeeze in that she was a strategist to play of her name.

I really need some description prompts. My undescribed dragons are confined to the space between Niharia and Dakari at the front of my scroll, or after 0Xurf at the end, but I've been sloppy about evicting dragons after writing descriptions lately, so make sure to check before you select one.

The Black Marrow female finds herself mostly unwelcomed and ignored among other groups of dragons. What is wrong with her? She performs a valuable service, helping clear away bones and keeping the landscape tidy. Her eyesight is among the keenest. Her sense of smell superior to many. Her jaws and beak are powerful. She can soar high. She is not a lesser dragon. She is a vital dragon. Why is she not given her due respect? She mulls it over as she stacks bones in a cairn near her lair.

I need inspiration for figuring out names for this breed: https://dragcave.net/view/8Wg2W

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

https://dragcave.net/view/PMesO My suggestion is something to do with Palmetto. Such as "A Palmetto Lures the Passing Bee" (it fits and isn't taken, I checked).

~*~

Not Describing anything above "Thirty Cheesies and Counting" Anything below that, as long as it isn't already described, is fair game.