Carnivorous M.

Describe-A-Dragon!

Blanche the Goldfish -- Write that description!

She's searching for something. What is it?

Pending:

Pending: Pending: Glides With Rainbows, Green of Land, Hedgeling Krysantinos, Hoping Grace, Rose Fireling, Talis Magnum, Winter Spell

Be sure to check for approved descriptions. I love working with suggestions if you have any. smile.gif

@v: Really? That's very interesting, because it means "bad" in Latin. Heh, and me just finishing with Paradise Lost.

In any event, Pykan Malus:

His name is whispered in dark places, those hidden nooks where shadows lurk and evil deeds are committed.  His spells wreak chaos and havoc across the land, his enemies struck down by his curses before they can take actions against him.  Pykan Malus is no man's fool, and any dragon who slanders his name will be dead with the setting sun.  He delights in dragging valiant knights to their doom and luring gentle maidens from their verdant groves.  A poisoned apple for you, dearie, to take all your troubles away.
Edited by Danne

Pykan Malus - Write that description. Nothing much in the way of suggestions, except that Malus is part of the scientific name for apple - maybe make use of that?

Open to suggestions (especially for magi and skywings) but might not take them. Dragons below Emaerl Chinook lack descriptions.

Lady Sunstone is a bubbly, cheerful dragon who lives in a seaside cave.  She's always lived near the ocean, and could swim before she could fly (she suspects her parents secretly wanted a shallow water dragon).  Lady Sunstone decorates her cave with shiny rocks and pieces of spitfire-forged glass, all enchanted to hold or reflect as much light as possible, so that her cave is always well-lit.  As a hobby, she's begun forming pieces of spitfire glass into small globes, which she enchants to show scenes - usually ocean-themed - that move and change as time passes.  Lady Sunstone could ask her weight in gold for such creations, but is more likely to give them away to anyone she feels will appreciate them or (if low on stock) trade them for more spitfire glass.
Edited by Mathcat

Lady Sunstone - Write that description!

Sun is part of her name, so maybe something about her being a bright, cheerful and sunny sort of dragon? Also, her lineage suggests that she was supposed to be a goldfish dragon, so maybe how she feels about that.

Many dragons have descriptions, so please check. Pending descriptions include Zeze the Black, Skullduggery Pleasant, Lady Neo Tropica, Blanche the Goldfish and others I can't think of.

If Tu Nhien could be described in one word, it would be pride. Despite a long and bitter inbred lineage, Tu Nhien is proud of her lineage, proud of her actions, and proud most of all, of her eternal youth.

Tu Nhien however isn't always proud of her eternal youth. At times it can be a huge curse upon her, as older dragons treat her like a baby. She is constantly patronised and babied, and waited on, and that is something that her bitter pride just cannot bear. Tu Nhien craves acceptance and independence, and woe betide anybody who thinks that they can reach through to this hatchling with pity of short words. This one may be small, but she isn't half feisty, and many older dragons can be seen nursing small wounds caused by trying to baby little Tu Nhien.

^Quite like that actually. smile.gif

Edited by littleangelamy22

Tu Nhien -- Write that description!

Suggestion: D'aww, the ickle widdle baby dwagon! He sounds like a proud fellow, for all his age. How does he take it when people treat him like he's too little to understand them?

Pending descriptions: Glides With Rainbows, Green of Land, Hedgeling Krysantinos, Hoping Grace, Pykan Malus, Rose Fireling, Talis Magnum, Winter Spell

@v: Mwaha, my nefarious plot is working!

*goes off to write description*

Aaaand here it is!

Name Me Golden:

Name Me Golden is absolutely perfect, the most beautiful, most benevolent, most wonderful dragon in the entire cave... or at least she thinks so.  The truth is that she's exceedingly vain and snobbish.  She doesn't have many friends; none of the other dragons really want to spend time with someone who is just going to look down her nose at them.  She is blissfully unaware of their dislike, convinced that everyone in the world worships here as much as she worships herself.
Edited by Danne

(Damn, I'm dreading this because I have a certain order for which I describe my dragons. Curse you, Danne!)

Name Me Golden - Write that description!

Taking suggestions. First dragon of every type already has a description or is pending.

You can say if there are any dragons you don't want picked. :3 Don't know if that would help, or if you have too many to really specify. How 'bout this?

Kalt Glace -- Write that description!

'Cuz zombies need more love!

Pending: Glides With Rainbows, Green of Land, Hedgeling Krysantinos, Hoping Grace, Name Me Golden, Pykan Malus, Rose Fireling, Talis Magnum, Winter Spell

Taking suggestions!

Edit:

Offending Trighty Captcha:

She's a rude little bugger, always in your face, in your space, eyes glinting with mischief and claws always in motion.  She has an obsession with strange words like "balderdash" and "collywobbles," and she'll write them on the nearest scrap of paper and shove them before other dragons, insisting they define the word before she leaves them alone.  Like all Mints, however, Trighty is rather timid, and a sharp word will chase her away to pursue her shenanigans elsewhere.
Edited by Danne

(psst - he has a description. xd.png First adult I meant, oops... oh well. Sorry!)

Offending Trighty Captcha - Write that description!

Maybe a complete and utterly confusing dragon that spends all its time writing words and shoving dragon's faces in it and saying "WHAT DOES IT SAY. HUH. HUH."

Alright... here's the list of my pending dragon descriptions: Kalt Glace, ButwaitIthought, Sharmindarr, Hoffiny, Ezagunak Izena

Taking suggestions.

Zombie Rake is doomed to live a most miserable an humiliating life: eating pumpkin pies deliciously sprinkled with brains. But just a touch, dear. For you see, the irresponsible owner of this particular zombie dragon was a newb, through and through, and epically failed when it came to the spell needed for this dragon.

Now Zombie Rake sits and talks with its girlfriends, gossiping about whatever it wants and eating as many brain-covered pumpkin pies as it wants. Then it eats its gossiping buddies. But, hey, it got a good five-hour's worth of gossip, knitting, and eating done. And have you heard about Cindy lately?

Edited by Zovesta

Oops. Sorry! xd.png How about one of the hatchies, then?

Zombie Rake -- Write that description!

A young life, tragically cut short, destined now to feed on brains and... pumpkin pie!

And I love that suggestion! I shall write it as soon as I finish my German essay. *cough*

Edit: Zovesta, that's one of the most awesome descriptions I've ever seen. biggrin.gif

My Ellie:

Ellie's a sweetheart, to be sure.  She's always there to offer a kind word to anyone who's upset, and she loves helping dragons in need.  However, she also has a bit of a wild side.  She's very headstrong; convinced that she's always right, she ignores most of the advice her friends giver her, and she's gotten into a fair bit of trouble because of it.  There's a spark of mischief in her veins, as well, as she loves to think up new pranks to pull on other dragons.  They are usually not amused.
Edited by Danne

My Ellie: Write that description!

She is headstrong, but she also likes to brought pranks.

...well, I will do better next time? xd.png

I'm open for Suggestions!

The eldest daughter of The Forgotten One and The Nameless One; when Veronica was a young dragon her parents did their terrible crime. She followed her parents into hiding, but unlike them she didn't fade into history. No, Veronica appeared back into the world with fiery wrath and she wasn't going to stop until the world was up in flames. She was stopped by a group of dragons and was sentenced to damnation. She vowed she will become free and finished what she started nor would her parents let this go by without having their revenge. 'You can't stop the world from burning,' Veronica screamed before she was sealed into her prison.

....this family is so not nice. xd.png

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Veronica the Dammed -- Write that description!

Suggestion: Obviously, I want to know what she did to become damned, and what her life's like now!

Pending: Glides With Rainbows, Green of Land, Hedgeling Krysantinos, Hoping Grace, My Ellie, Name Me Golden, Offending Trighty Captcha, Pykan Malus, Rose Fireling, Talis Magnum, The Stars My Destination, Winter Spell

Oh, and I also have some with approved descriptions, so be sure to check. I love working with suggestions if you have any!

Edit: Aw, it turned out sad! *huggles Bovu*

Autumn Bovu:

Autumn Bovu grew up torn between two worlds.  His father was a lazy, fun loving Summer dragon; his mother a generous but frigid Ice.  Their son was born quite early in the autumn season; indeed, in many ways he was always more Summer than Autumn at heart.  He tends to follow his father's example, preferring to procrastinate on his work rather than being industrious like his mother.  To combat the sadness in his heart, he developed a shield of humor.  He is always the first to crack a joke or perform some silly trick, and he has many friends, those who are happy to overlook his laziness because they know he'll always be good for a laugh.  Bovu's glad for the company -- if there's one thing in the world he truly fears, it's being alone.
Edited by Danne

Autumn Bovu - Write that Description

Born quite early into Autumn, maybe he wishes he was a summer dragon, or something like that?

As for me... Pending descriptions include Zeze the Black, Skullduggery Pleasant, Lady Neo Tropica, Blanche the Goldfish, Tu Nhien and others I can't think of. I have a fair few with accepted descriptions, so please check. smile.gif Also suggestions are very very welcome, I love them a lot. ♥

Lady Ruby the Finned is a dorsal fin dragon, with a long and elegant ruby coloured fin running down her back, which gives her her name. The problem is that with such a fin, one would be inclined to assume that Ruby is a water creature. Well think again. Ruby is terrified of water, hardly daring to go near it. The most hydrophobic dragon imaginable. She has trouble talking to her aquatic grandchildren for this very reason, despite the fact that she loves them oh so dearly. She just cannot bear to go near the water's edge, and even the thought of water will make her shudder and cringe. Not even Hoang, her devoted mate, can convince her otherwise, and so she still sits as far from the water as she can, only drinking water that has been artificially coloured so it no longer resembles actual water.

^Bit of a grammar fail, but mainly okay. Meh.

Lady Ruby the Finned -- Write that description!

Suggestion: Finned makes me think of a water loving dragon. In actuality, this poor dragon is terrified of water! Why is that?

With the holidays one I forgot all about this poor thread! xd.png Here are my dragons with pending descriptions: Autumn Bovu, Glides With Rainbows, Green of Land, Hedgeling Krysantinos, Hoping Grace, My Ellie, Name Me Golden, Offending Trighty Captcha, Pykan Malus, Rose Fireling, Talis Magnum, The Stars My Destination, Winter Spell

Some other dragons already have approved descriptions, so be sure to check! I'm happy to work with suggestions if you have one, but just as happy to work on my own if you're out of ideas. smile.gif

Edit:

Shimmer Stone:

When Shimmer Stone was a hatchling, she had an unfortunate encounter with a crotchety old wizard; the clumsy hatchling vexed him, and he cursed her with a permanent invisibility spell.  Fortunately, the old man had seen better days, and his spells weren't as strong as they used to be.  The spell struck the young dragon, but it failed to make her completely invisible.  Instead, Shimmer was surrounded by a thin haze that continues to this day, making the air dance and spin around her.  It is impossible to make out her true form beneath the illusion.  Shimmer uses this to her advantage, convincing people and dragons alike that she is in fact a more valued geode dragon instead of a simple stone.  Some days, she even believes it herself.
Edited by Danne

(Haha, thanks, your descriptions were awesome, too. xd.png)

Shimmer Stone - Write that description!

Maybe a stone dragon that thinks it's a geode?

Yes, some of mine as descriptions as well. o3o But here are the pending ones:

Zombie Rake, Kalt Glace, ButwaitIthought, Sharmindarr, Hoffiny, and Ezagunak Izena.

Feel free to suggest. :3

Edited by Zovesta

Benferu Blauwyni Braynd

Suggestion - Cool name, but hard to pronounce... maybe that small factor is shaping her entire life?

As for me... Pending descriptions include Zeze the Black, Skullduggery Pleasant, Lady Neo Tropica, Blanche the Goldfish, Tu Nhien, Lady Ruby the finned and others I can't think of. I have a fair few with accepted descriptions, so please check. Also suggestions are very very welcome, I love them a lot. I ♥ Suggestions.

Hoang of the purple sky is not a bad dragon, not at all. He is usually very fair, but firm, and is never found being unkind or ungrateful. However, Hoang always has at the bottom of his heart, a dark sinking regret. A egret of a terrible thing he did, so terrible and so monstrous that he was abandoned by the first person who picked him up as an egg... so terrible that he pushed it to the back of his mind to stop him feeling bad... and forgot what it was.

Hoang tries of course to live his life as if no such problem existed, but he is not the greatest actor. Most can see right through him, especially Ruby, his loving mate, but whether or not he will tell her the whole truth is a matter dependent on the tests of time... and on how much he manages to remember of his buried and forgotten past.

^Finally got round to it! And it's not too bad...

Hoang of the purple sky -- Write that description!

I'm feeling morbid. This dragon did something terrible once. What was it? Does he regret it?

I believe all I have pending right now is Shimmer Stone (thanks for going through the others, Sock!). I love working with prompts, so suggest away if you have one! If not, I'm happy to come up with something myself, too. happy.gif

Edit:

Mag Talia:

Most people assume that Mag Talia was supposed to be a shallow water dragon, and they look at her with pity and scorn.  Mag is actually thrilled that she was born a magi instead, because she is terrified of the water!  This presents some difficult situations for her, given that her mother and sister both live in a beautiful, warm-watered lake.  Despite this, she and her older sister Talim, who actually is a shallow water, are extremely close, sharing long days gossiping about the cute dragon boys who live nearby.
Edited by Danne

Mag Talia - Write that description! It looks like she was supposed to be a shallow water - perhaps make use of that?

Open to suggestions (especially for magi and skywings) but might not take them (though if not, they'll probably be used for another dragon). Dragons below Quelsia Thuwed lack descriptions. Previous posts have been edited to add descriptions for Hesbara, Quiet Honor, Emaerl Chinook, and Lady Sunstone.

Lady Tinsel is known for her beauty and grace, which have won her throngs of admirers.  While possessing more beauty than brains, she is very sweet and good-natured, never letting all of the attention go to her head.  Lady Tinsel is careful to guide a certain amount of the male attention toward her sister, Lady Garland, and any other eligible females nearby, as she loves sharing and fears being thought greedy.  Unable to pick a permanent mate (and disappoint the rest of her suitors), she instead changes mates with the seasons, dancing through life with her latest companion by her side.

And, as a bonus...

Lady Garland has spent most of her life in Lady Tinsel's shadow, but bears a surprising lack of resentment toward her sister.  The thought of all that male attention trained on her makes her shudder - it's bad enough that Lady Tinsel occasionally nudges a suitor in her direction.  Lady Garland prefers to stay quiet and unobserved, letting her sister get all the praise, and wait for a male who'll seek her out on his own.
Edited by Mathcat

Lady Tinsel -- Write that description!

No prompt, I'm just curious to see how people describe the new Christmas dragons. smile.gif

Pending: Mag Talia, Shimmer Stone

Also have some with approved descriptions, so be sure to check. Suggestions are always fun, but not necessary if you don't have any ideas.

Edit:

April Darkstar:

A young fortune teller, April shrouds herself in shadows and mysteries to keep business coming.  No one wants their fortune told by an ordinary dragon, so April is careful to keep any and all details about her life hidden from public view.  Her friends, her past, her loves and losses -- if she has any of this, it's unknown to any but her.  Many believe that she simply sprang into existence one day, a shadow of darkest night given form by some mischievous god.  When questioned, the only answer she'll give is the tiniest of smiles, a twinkling eye, and an invitation into the small, incense-filled cave she calls home.
Edited by Danne

April Darkstar - Write that description!

I have no suggestions. smile.gif

Pending: Alastriona Ivory, Little Archangel, Dagda Finn, Dagda Draiocht, Natadita Paiva, Dr House MD, Ja'xom's Ruth, Barbershop Quartet Soprano, Barbershop Quartet Alto, Barbershop Quartet Tenor, Barbershop Quartet Bass

Always taking suggestions.

Caol Steve Deem'd EPIC:

She is named Steve, just as most of the other balloons she knows are named Steve, but she goes by Deem so that nobody gets confused. Especially in the Balloon races, when the First Steve has to call out the names of the Highest Floater, the Fastest Floater, and the Farthest Traveler, it's easier if she doesn't have the same name as the other participants. She isn't very good at terrorizing villages and stealing princesses, mostly because she isn't very scary. Most villagers see her as a nuisance, especially when the Races happen to fly overhead, but pitchforks don't hurt her and she isn't afraid of fire, so Deem doesn't see a reason to be worried about mobs.

(Fun fact: This description has exactly 666 characters.)

Edited by klinneah

Caol Steve Deem'd EPIC -- Write that description!

Suggestion: Lots of people don't like balloons. This dragon loves being a balloon so much that he doesn't care.

Pending: April Darkstar, Mag Talia, Shimmer Stone

Suggestions welcome. smile.gif

Edit:

Nova the Christmas Vine (my very first alt vine from my Secret Santa! <3):

No one is entirely certain who decided to risk life and limb to set the Santa hat atop this grumpy vine's head -- or, indeed, if said brave, foolish soul lived to tell the tale afterward.  The Santa hat remains, however: bright, red, and fuzzy, with a fluffy white pompom dangling from the end that bounces every time she turns to snap and snarl at onlookers.  Young dragons make a sport of trying to get close enough to swat at the pompom without being bitten; each time they succeed, Nova curls into a sullen ball, the tip of her tail twitching as she waits for the next opportunity to strike.
Edited by Danne

Nova the Christmas Vine - Write that Description!

Suggestion... Non-existant. ohmy.gif

Moi? Pending descriptions include Zeze the Black, Skullduggery Pleasant, Lady Neo Tropica, Blanche the Goldfish, Tu Nhien, Lady Ruby the finned, Feathered Angel, Hoang of the purple sky and others I can't think of. I have a fair few with accepted descriptions, so please check. Also suggestions are very very welcome, I love them a lot. I ♥ Suggestions. Will use them in 99% of cases. biggrin.gif

I smell of Sunshine is a wonderful dragon, who radiates pure light and mystical wonder to such an extent, that some would say he smells of mystical light of wonder, which is where his name came from. It would of course be a bit of a mouthful to call a dragon 'I smell of mystical light and wonder', so it was agreed that 'I smell of sunshine' would be a sufficient name for him.

Now he heralds what he considers to be a 'legacy' but is actually just the fact that most of his descendents who are 'Sunsongs' like him all share the surname of 'Sunshine'. Oh well. If it makes him happy...

^Actually like. smile.gif And to that link... biggrin.gif I laughed so much I almost fell off my chair, but I didn't. Because I am cool. smile.gif

I smell of Sunshine -- Write that description!

...Sorry. I couldn't resist. xd.png

Pending: April Darkstar, Mag Talia, Nova the Christmas Vine, Shimmer Stone

Suggestions welcome. happy.gif

Edit:

Silent Othello McFox III:

Sing, ye muses, of lost dreams and shattered hopes, and the doom of silence than traps oneself in one's own mind.  Silent Othello's soul breathes sweet poetry with his every breath, but a terrible disease as a hatchling robbed him of his ability to speak.  His life was saved by a traveling healer named Redling Spirit, but the wyvern could do nothing to restore the young dragons's voice.  Now Othello wanders the world, half-mad with the verses that run through his mind and threaten to overwhelm him.  Despite all his sorrows, he is kind at heart, and will attempt to help any dragon in need, remembering the kind wyvern who saved his own life.  Unfortunately, his addled mind frequently fails to grasp what needs to be done to alleviate a situation, and more often than not he makes problems worse rather than better.

...I'm a terrible person! D:

Edited by Danne

Silent Othello McFox III - Write that description!

Suggestion: Othello is Shakespeare... so is this dragon a poet? And does he know it?

Moi? Pending descriptions include Zeze the Black, Skullduggery Pleasant, Lady Neo Tropica, Blanche the Goldfish, Tu Nhien, Lady Ruby the finned, Feathered Angel, Hoang of the purple sky, I smell of Sunshine and others I can't think of. I have a fair few with accepted descriptions, so please check. Also suggestions are very very welcome, I love them a lot. I ♥ Suggestions. Will use them in 99% of cases.

Lady Torchic -- Write that description!

I don't believe we've had an chicken descriptions yet. happy.gif How does she feel about living with all those big, hungry dragons?

Pending: April Darkstar, Mag Talia, Nova the Christmas Vine, Shimmer Stone, Silent Othello McFox III

Edit:

The Muse That Guides You:

This little pygmy loves to spend time with artists, poets, and other creative sorts — but she hates to let them see her!  She flutters about above their heads or behind their backs, always staying just out of sight.  Those who have managed to catch a glimpse of her often feel that they create their best masterpieces after having seen the way she dances in the air above them.  Because of this, aspiring young artists leave out bowls of milk or candies in order to tempt her into visiting them.
Edited by Danne

The Muse That Guides You - Write that description!

Open to suggestions (especially for magi and skywings) but might not take them (though if not, they'll probably be used for another dragon). Dragons below Quelsia Thuwed lack descriptions.

Nobody is really sure what Lady Incendia's real name is, as she's been called by nothing else since she was a young hatchling.  She's named for her love of fire spells and explosions, which have gotten her banned from such diverse places as the Goldenmage Assembly library, five different alchemist's shops, a bakery, and a flower shop.  Lady Incendia takes great pleasure in blowing things up, and could have been a great battlemage if she hadn't proven equally dangerous to friend and foe alike.  As it is, one must be wary of even engaging in conversation with her, as she likes to punctuate her statements with fireballs and small explosions.
Edited by Mathcat

Lady Incendia -- Write that description!

Incendia? Clearly she's a fire mage! Does she use her powers for good or for evil?

Pending: April Darkstar, Mag Talia, Nova the Christmas Vine, Shimmer Stone, Silent Othello McFox III, The Muse That Guides You

Edit: Wow, that was harder than I expected. I was following some guidelines when I named him, and incorporating the name with the playful bluna nature too some twisted thinking!

Pestilent Whispers:

You've heard of the monster of the lake, the serpent of the deep, the silent swimmer who stalks the waves.  Whispers knows them all.  They are his brothers, his sisters, his dearest friends.  Taken from his true family as a tiny hatchling, Whispers grew to resent mankind, but formed deep bonds with the beasts who rescued him.  Amongst his dear ones, he is the cheerful, playful dragon that one would expect from his breed, albeit with some macabre undertones.  To the world at large, however, he is a menace, capsizing boats and dragging swimmers to the depths.  Beware when you hear the silken whispers that give him name and announce his presence, for they may be the last thing you ever hear.
Edited by Danne