Carnivorous M.

Describe-A-Dragon!

Beag Both- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: Maybe she's loathe to make an uninformed decision, but not being the brightest star in the sky she always goes for both options, hence her name, instead?

---

One can always tell Harrbrinde's hidden lair from those of other Cavern Lurkers, even in the half-darkness of twilight that is their essence. The trophies they arrange outside their caves are always placed with a certain purpose, never thrown haphazardly, creating a crude yet strangely beautiful sculpture as a mark of their presence. Harrbrinde, however, simply leaves these bones and other treasures pillaged from her prey strewn every which way in the mouth of her den. She is not too keen on keeping herself tidy either--- in fact she rarely washes herself so that her scales are covered with layer upon layer of old filth and grime, giving her a rather unpleasant oder similar to the rotting stench of Vampires. The mess of bones is more than enough to deter others of her breed and her general lack of cleanliness repels those who can look past this so she has few friends. But she doesn't mind, preferring her solitude.

Talk about lack of inspriation! Took me months to get an idea.

---

All dragons from Alika Thuwed to A'orth are pending and all from A'orth and below are described. Tereia to Gildiss need new names, so I may not describe them as of yet until I find names I like. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Sebrindir - Write that description! Sorry, no suggestion today.

~*~

Always open to suggestions. Dragons will not be described before they are named. Please double-check that the dragon you are suggesting does not already have a description and is not on my pending list.

Pending: Ragga Baythamp, Mansuetus Satucenty, Beag Both, Callidor, Realta ven Quoj

~*~

Intranin loves nothing more than to fly some distance from shore and play in the surf. The crashing breakers and foam fill her heart with the kind of joy that she has only felt once before. Her nights are filled with a kind of wildness, flying amongst the waves, dashing against the water like she was dancing from dusk to dawn. Her days go by in a dreamlike haze, her mind always filled with the thought of the surf and the sand - for her lover waits for her in the water. She is like two souls in one body, where the one holds her family and the other holds her lover, torn betwixt the sea and the shore.
Edited by klinneah

Cirion Intranin ~ Write that description!

Sadly, I can't really think of anything for a suggestion...

_ _ _

I'm mainly open to suggestions. Please make sure to double-check the dragons you want described, as to make sure they don't have a description yet or are not pending one.

I'm currently not describing Diva Starr, however, because she needs a different name.

Pending Descriptions (just in case): Winter's Artist, YamiNoOu, IcyCaptainHarlock

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

TerraOfTheUnknown - Write that description! Suggestion: "Terra" sounds like "terror." Is she a terror? Or is she a gentle winter spirit?

~*~

Always open to suggestions. Dragons will not be described before they are named. Please double-check that the dragon you are suggesting does not already have a description and is not on my pending list.

Pending: Realta ven Quoj, Cirion Intranin

I Wanna Be A Starship Ranger has spent his whole life on a tiny island full of dragons just like him. He always anticipated spending the rest of his life in service to the queen of the island, but never really accepted it. He wants to join the Starship Rangers, a group of dragons that travel to places he's never seen, keeping peace and exploring new lands. It sounds like a much better lot than the one he's got right now.

Edited by klinneah

I Wanna be a Starship Ranger- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: What are these "Starship Rangers"? Why does this dragon want to be one? If at all?

---

Thunder boomed, a resounding echo that shook the very earth. Then a flash of lightning that struck through the clouds, momentarily illuminating a lone dragon drifting freely through the storm. Letting the raging winds carry his serpentine body anywhere they pleased, Sebrindir squinted through the rain to see the progression of the thunderhead. Another blast of sound set him on edge, but he wasn't about to turn back now. For years he'd studied storms--- found patterns in the arrangement of clouds, the conditions that seemed to be present whenever one formed; he'd even followed one miles inland in attempt to predict its path. And he had come to far to quit. So close was the storm's mysterious eye. So close were the fabled secrets it possessed. But as Sebrindir tried to veer away from the circling wind, a stray gust caught his hind-wings and pulled him back, forcing him to retreat. As always. No matter how many times he tries to reach the storm's center, he never succeeds.

And the inspiration continues! Well, at least I'm writing again.

---

All dragons from Alika Thuwed down are pending and dragons below and including A'orth are described. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Anshiua - Write that description!

What is one of her worst habits?

I failed hulaballoo attempts to be very silly. She makes faces, pulls pranks, tells jokes, and even laughs at nothing in a vain attempt to get other dragons to laugh. More than that, though, she attempts to be very loud. One day, her mate came storming into their cave, yelling, "What's all the hulaballoo about?" Excited, she tried to tell him of the joke she had made up only minutes before, but he walked right past her and into the sleeping area, where several stray hatchlings, who had escaped her notice, had been making a mess of things, accompanied by a great deal of noise. From that day forward, she refuses to leave the cave, stating to visitors that she failed in her attempts at hulaballoo and will not be showing her face in society again out of shame. Sad to say, not many dragons regret her absence.

I plan on describing her mate to match. smile.gif

~*~

Pending: Realta ven Quoj, Cirion Intranin, I wanna be a Starship Ranger

Edited by klinneah

I Failed Hullabaloo- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: What is this hullabaloo? Why and how did he fail it? How does he feel about failing it? Does he want to win it (if it's even possible to win)?

---

Spriters are artists whose pieces are created not with a brush but individual spots of color in an oversized scale and then shrunk magically to a smaller size to reveal the detailed works of art. Many of the most talented spriters make their living doing art of dragons for King Teejay IX, and are often thanked with live eggs of the dragons they paint that are altered magically to have a special variant of color.

The spriter who first chose Cavern Lurkers as his subject was given ones with vibrant red wings, which Anshiua finds quite beautiful. To her, the splash of red against the dark tones gives them a striking contrast that she loves and finds much more attractive than her own colors. She has spent most of her life trying to find a red dye that would be visible on her scales, with little success. The other dragons try to reassure her with the fact that they think she's just as lovely as the alternate of her breed but she rarely hears anything other than her own voice of judgement.

Sorry I didn't take your suggestion. I just now (like five minutes ago) had a spur of the moment idea from the IRC and this was the only non-described dragon I have that it would make sense on.

---

The dragons at the top (the two unnamed ones and the GoN) need new names and every dragon below and including A'orth have been described. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Ryniver - Write that description! Suggestion: Has he stayed with Rosazara in the dying swamp, or has he moved on, and why?

~*~

Pending: Realta ven Quoj, I wanna be a Starship Ranger, Aigua Boog, I Failed Hullaballoo. Cirion Intranin was accepted, thanks mods!

Guy Montag is a fireman. Or, rather, he once was. The job of fireman was once a respectable position, nothing to brag about and certainly not something your neighbors liked you for, but the job of fireman was a necessary one. Papers had a tendency of spreading mischief, allowing humans to tear off their everlasting sheaves and print inflammatory posters to post through all the villages, and that behavior just had to be curbed. Granted, there was always collateral damage, but someone had to start the fires.

Of course, that was before. Before Beatty, before the Hound, before the Paper that had sat, shivering, in the corner, begging for mercy. He'd given it, and now he was on the run with Ecclesiastes, his only friend. He doesn't set fires anymore.

Edited by klinneah

Guy Montag- Fireman- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: Perhaps he is rather proud of his status as a fireman and goes around announcing himself as "Guy Montag. Fireman." Is he good at this job or does he usually end up making things worse? Maybe he's too scared to go near a fire?

---

Ryniver's clan are traveling merchants, and their arrival is often long-awaited by some of the more secluded clans. Yet, despite his clan's nomadic ways, when they reached the Flamingoes' swamp something made Ryniver stay.

The swamp once possessed a certain beauty, for it flourished in the damp sunlight and wallowing stench. But as the sun's rays grew with intensity, the swamp was slowly starved of its stagnant pools that were more precious than gold. All those that had once dwelled there left, including the Flamingoes. All except one--- Rosazara. She is the reason Ryniver stays; her ferocity to protect what remains of her dying home fills him with a strange passion to do the same. His home was never a stretch of land but rather anywhere his clan was, yet Rosazara no longer has even that. She is all alone struggling to help the one place she belonged. He helped her at first only out of mercy but it has become so much more than that. That dying swamp has become his home, too.

Thanks for that suggestion. I was running out of ideas and never thought to play mates' descriptions off of each other... Oops

---

The dragons at the top (the two unnamed ones and the GoN) need new names and all dragons beyond and including A'orth have descriptions. Suggestions are much appreciated! Pending: Ryniver

OOooh, he's been on my to-describe list for a while! He's actually supposed to be based of Montag from the Ray Bradbury book Fahrenheit 451.

~*~

Aiddla - Write that description! No suggestion, sorry, although playing off her mate's description would be interesting.

~*~

I now have a list of dragons who I have been intending to describe but lack the inspiration. Suggestions for these dragons are appreciated!

Pending: Realta ven Quoj, I wanna be a Starship Ranger, I failed hullabaloo, Guy Montag - Fireman, Leviticus and Deuteronomy, Lux Beatissima.

Need inspiration: Alastriona Cawmez, Ceri Foriu, Dagda Wagnu, Saoirs, Calyp Abagesslih.

Desert Conspiracy I (although he prefers to be called Crir) is one of the youngest members of the Lilypad Conspiracy. He specializes in knowledge of low-precipitation areas, particularly arid ones, and spends much of his time gathering information about goings-on in those areas. He rarely attends Conspiracy meetings, preferring instead to plan extended stays in one of his various hideaways scattered across the continent's deserts. He really prefers the company of only himself, and although he enjoys the other Conspiracy members and making conversation with them, most of the time he would rather be alone. Lately, he has seen an uptick in local populations of his own breed, and maintains a curious eye on the unofficial census that one of the other Conspiracy members puts out every decade or so.
Edited by klinneah

Desert Conspiracy I- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: He sounds like he could be a reference to this year's Holly Contest. Is he part of it? How does he feel about it?

---

Aiddla always seems to have patience to spare. Calm and collected, she arely looses her temper even with things that would send most dragons over the edge. Except when it comes to her mate, Gravelin.

She loves him dearly but he is so different that she, like most, has a hard time understanding him. His mind works in ways hers never could, making connections that make no sense to her and to Aiddla this is a thick, transparent albeit impenetrable wall that she cannot hope to comprehend. And his unique way of speech--- projecting images and thought patterns directly into the mind of the dragon with which he is conversing rather than using words--- only separates them farther. The very fact that she cannot truly understand the dragon she loves the most angers her to no end. So much so that she has given up out of frustration; instead she simply pretends.

Gravelin himself has tried to see things her way in attempt to breech this wall, but in giving up, Aiddla has unknowingly shut him out.

---

The dragons at the top (the two unnamed ones and the GoN) need new names and all dragons below and including A'orth are described. Suggestions are much appreciated! Pending: Ryniver, Aiddla

Liliuokalani - describe that dragon!

Suggestion - maybe about his life and how he had a magical journey around the world?

My whole cave has no descriptions so pick who ever you like. I'm open to suggestions too. If you have a idea for a name for any of my unnamed dragons please feel free to say so.

(I will not name drugs just saying he will be name less for a reason)

I don't know how or why I am here but I know that I must be a dragon... Or Am I not  I grew up with a big family of Pygmy dragons. Mother told me she had found me as a lost egg. Said I was the same size of any egg of a Pygmy, So I must be a rare kind of Pygmy. She raised me as her own but I was the only weird one in my family. The odd one that seemed not to fit in at all. I one day traveled on my own and meet many dragons that tried to eat me. But one day I meet another dragon that didn't try and eat me. It was a massive white dragon with a stick, It told me I was a magical chicken pygmy dragon oh some sort. So I now know why I am in dragon cave! I am special I realized too. I am a Magical Chicken Pygmy Dragon. That's why I am in Dragon Cave.I am one of a kind!
Edited by Sailor Moon

WHY AM I IN DC- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: Maybe she grew up believing she was a dragon, and now, upon realizing she wasn't, is constantly wondering how and why she ended up among them rather than her own kind?

---

Liliuokalani used to be the queen of a beautiful island nation. She was beloved by her people for bringing the ongoing war between the islands to and end and uniting them at long last. She continued to be an advocate for peace among the dragons of the mainland as well, and eventually her voice was heard.

But the emissary they sent was not interested in peace talks or forming alliances as she had hoped. They wanted the islands as yet another state in their vast empire. Lili wanted to fight back but her army was nothing more than a pitiful group of ragtag mercenaries compared to the mighty army employed by the mainland empire and she was forced to surrender. Her people too bowed their heads in submission for they were mostly tolerated their new leaders. As for Lili, she was one against one hundred thousand. Proud but not stupid, she allowed herself to be usurped and faded into the background, going unnoticed as she slowly formed an uprising to take back her kingdom.

Thanks for picking her. I've been meaning to write hers for a while but keep putting it off.

---

The dragons at the top (the two unnamed ones and the GoN) need new names. Dragons below Tohalath are pending and dragons below and including A'orth have descriptions. Suggestions are much appreciated! Pending (not sorted yet): Liliuokalani

Lortharon - Write that description! Suggestion: I bet he quite enjoys slinking around at night, humming his own theme tune and imagining he is a comic book superhero keeping watch for evil. smile.gif

~*~

Always open to suggestions. Dragons will not be described before they are named. Please double-check that the dragon you are suggesting does not already have a description and is not on my pending list. I would prefer to describe adult dragons, and any dragons sorted under "Song Hatchlings" or "Cuffs Rack" will not be described.

This particular Steve has turned miming into a successful career. Nobody quite knows how.
Edited by klinneah

Ca Steve the Mime- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: Why is he a mime? Did he loose his mental voice or does he just find it hilarious to wordlessly act out scenes?

---

From the moment Lorthar hatched, was different. He always stood out among others of his breed, making all conversation stop and heads slowly turn in is direction when he stepped forward. He was never treated as harshly as the other Black hatchlings in training, instead always regarded with a sense of awe as though he were somehow better than them. He tried to demand equality, but eventually gave in and decided to use it for good.

Lorthar took to the night, decorating himself with a roughly cut mask and cape from an old discarded blanket and began to hunt down villains under the guise of "L." Most of the ones he catches however, are thieving hatchlings in the midst of committing harmless pranks. Any more dangerous criminal would run upon hearing the soft notes of his characteristic tune drifting through the darkness.

L has become quite popular with the hatchlings, though, through the publishing of a collection of drawings that over-exaggerate the heroics of his adventures.

I was originally going to make him a sad, lonely misfit, until I saw your post. Now it's 10x more interesting (I hope)! I renamed him Lorthar because I didn't like Lortharon.

---

Aiddla and below are pending and A'orth down are described. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Cebryn - Write that description! Suggestion: How does he feel about wintertime?

~*~

Always open to suggestions. Dragons will not be described before they are named. Please double-check that the dragon you are suggesting does not already have a description and is not on my pending list. I would prefer to describe adult dragons, and any dragons sorted under "Song Hatchlings" or "Cuffs Rack" will not be described.

All my female vampires are pending.

I HATE OCEANS is one of a group of green dragons that announce, very loudly, something that they hate, so that any dragon they meet will not try to give it to them. Given that green dragons are naturally very grumpy things, I HATE OCEANS hates oceans, and anything to do with oceans, and anything resembling oceans, and the word "ocean," much more than most other ocean-disliking dragons. Naturally, he prefers to live on the forest side of his clan's territory, rather than the coastal side. Nobody has ever spoken to him long enough to ask why he hates oceans.
Edited by klinneah

I HATE OCEANS- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: Why does he hate oceans? Is it for a personal matter, like say, a Deepsea or Water he once loved who left him, or is it simply because he's surly and does not like many things that come along with oceans like seagulls or fish?

---

Just when winter seemed to have lost his hold and the land could begin anew, clouds gathered releasing an icy torrent. It was in this horrendous storm that Cebryn hatched, shivering against the Winters' warm pelts for the protection his scales lacked. All of the other breeds of Seasonals left for warmer climates, but Cebryn was left for fear that the cold had seeped to far beneath his skin and stunted his growth permanently. Against all odds, he survived the storm in the WInters' cave, and when winter finally retreated for good and spring announced its presence with tentative color, he had grown strong enough to join the rest of his breed. The Winters themselves headed north to bask in the frigid cold of the highest mountain peaks, but instead of leaving, Cebryn followed them. They had cared for him when no one else would, and had become closer to him than his own family. He now spends most of the year with their clan, only returning to the other Springs during his patron season.

---

Aiddla and below are pending and A'orth down are described. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Iciryi -Describe that dragon!

Suggestions are open and WHY AM I IN DC Is pending right now everything is still open wink.gif

Black Fool's Gold - Write that description! Suggestion: Is he a trickster? What kind of fools does his name reference, and how does he feel about them?

~*~

All my female vampires, as well as I HATE OCEANS, are pending.

YO ODIO LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS, when he joined the clan, became part of a group of green dragons that very loudly announce what they dislike so that no one will try to give it to them. Unfortunately, because he came from a far-away continent, his manner of speaking is slightly different from other dragons in his clan, and he often has a hard time making himself understood. The other dragons have managed to figure out that these Estados Unidos must be a clan, or a group of villages, or something, on the continent where he came from.
Edited by klinneah

YO OIDO LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: Again, what's the reason for his hatred towards the US? And why did he name himself in Spanish?

---

The colors of autumn had died, but the icy claws of winter had yet to sink into the bare earth. As days stretched on, plants pushed themselves from underneath blankets of once-bright leaves and birdsong drifted through the trees with confidence that winter's frozen tyranny would never come. And the Winters themselves were half-dead of the heat, which though temperate to most everyone else, was far to warm for them. It was in this cool, mild winter that Iciryi was hatched. He saw more of nature's living beauty than most Winters will ever see, due to the dead state of their patron season. He has grown to loathe colder temperatures, and usually leaves with the other warmer blooded breeds of Seasonals after the first freeze.

---

Aiddla and below are pending and from A'orth down are described. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Kaith - Write that description!!

--

I thought this thread was dead; I'm so glad I found it again!

258 of my dragons are described so please check first!!

All of my whites are either described or pending. Grimly is pending. Not describing anything after "This Name Will Get Me Banned".

Edited by Earth Gurl

Missappear- Describe that dragon!

Suggestion: Maybe she has a habit of disappearing in the middle of awkward moments?

Kaith is an artist of the strangest sort. His canvas, instead of pieces of parchment, is his own body. Nearly every other day his pale golden wings are decorated with a different design of bright colors and striking realism--- a sunset perhaps, or maybe an ocean scene. Thorny vines might one day curl around his legs, the next they've become clouds. His face might wear the painted resemblance of a fierce bird of prey, or an intricate abstract mask.

The designs change given his mood; one can usually tell how Kaith is feeling by looking at how he's painted himself. He is strangely closed in with his emotions, however, despite the bright way he chooses to express himself. But artwork is not only a way of expression but a way to release his emotions in a harmless way.

---

A'orth and below are all described. Suggestions are much appreciated! Pending: Kaith

Glyth - Write that description!!

Perhaps, as his name suggests, he is a protector of the cave??

---

Missappear is the main cause of awkward situations in EG's Cave. Year after year as she desperately attempts to find a mate, all of her efforts end up in some kind of utter calamity. She has had a strange nervous habit ever since she was a young hatchling where she will suddenly vanish. Every time she approaches a male, seemingly in mid-sentence her entire body disappears leaving the male very confused and agitated. Afterward she slinks away and vows to try again later. At this point, Missappear has come to the depressing conclusion that she will be alone forever.

---

Lots of my dragons are described so please check first. smile.gif All of my whites are described/pending and Missappear is pending. Would really like to get everything above This Name Will Get Me Banned described before anything else.

The Silence is Golden - Write that description! Suggestion: I'm guessing she enjoys silence? What does she have to do to get it? Bonus points for rather unorthodox/violent methods, described as nonchalantly as possible.

~*~

YO ODIO LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS is pending.

I got first in jiggerypokery is a very serious dragon. He has no tolerance for jokes, pranks, silly faces, or other such nonsense. More than that, he dislikes unnecessary noise. He once entered his cave after a long day's hunt, only to find several foster hatchlings running about pell-mell and making a mess of things. To make matters worse, his mate bustled up to him, oblivious, and tried to tell him a joke that she had invented. Very cross indeed, he ignored her and chased the hatchlings back to their mothers, shrieking "I don't have time for this jiggery-pokery!" His life has been much calmer since then, but he still feels a twinge of regret that his mate was never the same.
Edited by klinneah

I got first in jiggerypokery - Write that description!!

Suggestion: .... what on earth is jiggerypokery??? ..and why is this dragon so skilled at it? Are the other dragons jealous of his skillz?

--

The Silence is Golden's golden rule is for every dragon that resides around her to remain as absolutely silent as possible. She has been known to go to various extremes to have her home in perfect tranquility. She has even sent her own offspring into Arakiahoga Forest to become lost in its labyrinth forever because they simply made too much of a racket. No dragon has ever heard her speak, but everyone knows good and well that they ought to steer clear of her because of the sometimes fatal consequences that ensue.

She has chosen one final mate, Crasher Wake, but they have never bred because Wake is afraid that their children would make far too much noise for Silence is Golden to handle. The last thing Wake wants is for his firstborn child to be led mercilessly into the forest to parish under unknown forces.

I got the song stuck in my head. dry.gif

--

Lots of my dragons are described so please check first. All of my whites are described/pending and The Silence is Golden is pending. Would really like to get everything above This Name Will Get Me Banned described before anything else.